Celtic Away

MonehJags

Only if you are a BBC reporter writing it while wearing a Celtic tap. What a feckin joke report.

Celtic apparently felt injustice at the sending off

That's a joke, even Pat Bonner on open all mics (who called us Motherwell at one point and struggled with thistle players names) said he could have been off two minutes before he was.

Just in, better team lost!

Crowd were whistling for full time, their manager(I use the word loosely) kept tapping his watch for ref

to blow full time then a deflection straight to that we'd ####'s feet.Gutted

At least we stayed till full time! Unlike some of the best fans in the world!!

Still, onwards and upwards, well done Archie and the guys.

We'll do them at Firhill

• Like 4

If you don't take your chances you don't win football matches.

When Pogba came on I thought he would be positioned in front of Ambrose, who really is a bombscare and we could have played high balls in.

But great team performance today. Did not deserve to lose a last minute shitty spawny goal.

If that were us against any of the teams around us in the league, we'd have pumped them.

After that horrendous league cup game there where we missed three penalties to go through, I didn't think I would ever feel so gutted leaving Porkheid, but that came very close today. Great performance by the whole team. That shot could have landed anywhere but it had to land right on his toe. I was up that end and thought he was offside when the shot was taken, but couldn't be sure. Couldn't possibly single an individual out as every player was immense and I have to say I thought the referee was outstanding today. Not sure who he was but he never wavered once despite getting dogs abuse from the Sellik fans. Thought he was excellent. Shows how much this team has improved from 2 months ago, that we were all gutted coming away from Parkhead without with a minimum of a deserved point!

• Like 1

BBC report says Thistle were 'toothless'. Is that a fair comment?

It was that H*n Lamont who wrote that travesty, probably peeved that he wasn't going to,Dumbarton to see his hero's!

Even allowing for my bias that report is complete and utter bullshit and only concentrates on the negatives in Celtics display and totally overlooks the huge contribution we made to the game. One shouldn't be surprised, what passes for football journalism in Scotland is in the main sycophancy over the boings on at Castle GreyskulL or Celtic Park. Been the same for the last fifty years at least and it certainly isn't improving IMHO!?

I'm still too upset to analyse the game itself except to say we wummin robbed!

Disappointing for us obviously

Similarly the result perhaps pulls the wool over the eyes of the thicker Cllic supporter (c. 98% of total) - as it condemns them to a few more weeks/months of ranting Ronnie. Perhaps a draw for them today might have actually been beneficial to them to open their dull, sullen, glazed eyes to the reality that having a budget (regardless of its source) in vast disproportion to all other clubs in the division and struggling to run away with the league is a sign of utter and abject failure, but I would suggest it isn't for the likes of me to concern myself with their failures......................................and on a brighter note it probably irritated a few of their bigot cousins when they heard the news too. So, for us, bad today, but we are not alone!

Edited by JeanieD
  • Like 1

Was confident from about 20 to go we would get at least a draw. (Was more nervous sitting at Killie a few weeks ago that we would lose from being 3 up with 15 mins left!!). Played well as a team today but just needed a wee bit more up front. Good to see Archie putting on Pogba and looking for the win even if it didn't go to plan. Agree with other comments that more important to get results from teams around us. Proud of the team and the support today - at least there were some fans to create a bit of an atmosphere!!!

Edited by Motherwell Jag

Why can't celtic decide where they are going to put the away fans...?

I know some will say it doesn't matter where you sit, but I refuse to pay so much for a restricted view, but today it looked like those that were there were actually round the corner a little...?

If we were advised this in advance I'm sure more like me would be more inclined to go along.

On that it looks like they could have given us more tickets - why don't they? Do thistle have to pay for what they take whether they sell them or not?

Obviously gutted at the outcome but plenty to take out of the game. Was particularly pleased we took the game to them while holding it together at the back in the first 30 or so minutes where we have been notoriously vulnerable against them since coming back up. Bring on Dundee please.

Just for an obligatory old firm rant... why are Thistle/away fans prevented from walking down into that nice paved area the council put in for them in front of the main stand but Celtic fans are free to walk through the "Police line" and into away fans in the opposite direction?

Irrationally deflated tonight. I say irrationally as I feel we'd have been happy with a point. So all we've lost is a single point to opponents.whose 3 points is of little concern to us. Positives I feel are coming thru two tough away games with our goal difference more or less intact and less tangible, but possibly more important, I believe our confidence won't be shattered. In fact even after today's defeat our confidence may even have improved.

That was the performance I had hoped we would give at Firhill earlier in the season. We are better than we were then and they are worse. Probably the best chance to come away from Parkhead with a result that we could have had. However if we keep that level of performance up we will get a second chance this season.

Players gave everything and deserved the applause at the end. Big games coming up in the Cup and the league. Would be good to get an increased number of fans to back the team, especially at Firhill.

BBC report says Thistle were 'toothless'. Is that a fair comment?

I think it is fair in that - unlike recent games against them - we actually got up the park and put balls into thier penalty area and even had some shots. However some of the crosses could have been better and I thought our crosses almost made Ambrose look like a half decent centre half - that and the fact that our forwards seemed to wait for him to miss the cross when a forward should have been getting in callenging. Few of our shots were on target. Late in the game we created a bit of danger but a clearance off the line and a good save kept us out and a flukey bounce gave them the win.

I thought we were the better team. In fact a couple of Celts said the same to me outside the ground. I still can't believe we lost it. Solid performance and an incredible support that outsang the self-proclaimed best fans in the world. If only that Dools chance hadn't went wide, it would have been so different.

• Like 2

So disappointing. As somebody mentioned, our record against the gruesome twosome must be the worst of any top flight team in Scotland in the last 20 years. The only point I can remember is 1-1 at Ibrox in '95. Then it's defeat after defeat after defeat after defeat..... both home and away. It's sickening.

But by all accounts we were unlucky yesterday, and gave almost as good as we got. This is a good Thistle team, and we'll surely bounce right back from this sore one (and in fact, 99% of people would have expected us to lose). Bring on the Midden!

I was up the Celtic end with one of my Celtic supporting mates. Kept my trap firmly shut throughout, though I was outed when the goal went in as I was the only person that stayed firmly glued to their seat! Guy behind me said "Jags supporter mate?" I confirmed. To be fair he said we had been robbed and said we were one of the better sides that he has seen at Porkheid this season. Wasn't much of a consolation. Can't see Delia surviving the season. The natives beside me were giving him plenty!

Edited by Lindau