Eye See Tea Saturday 30Th April

Lindau

If they are fit and I admit lost track of our defensive options.

Cerny

Booth

Seabourne

Lindsay

Dumbaya

Osman

Welsh

Lawless

Edwards

Amoo

Doolan

You think it would be an option to take out Welsh, drop Edwards back and bring in Christie? Lawless moving to the middle. Just might inject a bit of energy.

I quite like Welsh but he and Abdul together can be a bit static. Maybe Edwards can be the box to box player mentioned on another thread. I think thats why we miss Bannigan so much

On a positive note I'll remember this season for the contribution of Dumbuya and Booth. Both charging forward, regularly ending in decent percentage balls. On the other hand I'll also remember this season for the lack of contribution in an attacking sense from our central midfield. I'm more confident the latter can be rectified with the arrival of Erskine and Edwards getting a pre-season behind him. In Edwards we may have finally replaced the roles that Craigen and Stevenson for different reasons couldn't fulfil.

Till then I'd suggest we stick with the system that's got us this far. Or at least till we're mathematically safe.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

You think it would be an option to take out Welsh, drop Edwards back and bring in Christie? Lawless moving to the middle. Just might inject a bit of energy.

I quite like Welsh but he and Abdul together can be a bit static. Maybe Edwards can be the box to box player mentioned on another thread. I think thats why we miss Bannigan so much

Edwards played defensive mid beside Osman when we played Hamilton. It didn't work - in fact he looked a bit lost. We only started getting control of the game when he was moved forward and Dumbuya came on letting Welsh move into midfield.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Curious thst ICT have let it be known today that they are on the verge of signing 2 new players, particularly as they have been sniffing about recently and perhaps this is also a disruptive ploy for tomorrow. On the other hand defeat for us tomorrow and defeat by Kilmarnock next week and, assuming they beat Hamilton, then the last 2 games might be rather less relaxing than hoped for.

Edited by JeanieD

Position Total payment

1 £2,827,400

2 £2,025,600

3 £1,740,750

4 £1,529,750

5 £1,424,250

6 £1,318,750

7 £1,213,250

8 £1,160,500

9 £1,107,750

10 £1,055,000

11 £1,002,250

win today jags. win next weekend. win next tuesday. win again two weeks today.

finish seventh and secure maximum we can now get in prize money.

irks me it does though if we had got a result in dingwall, or a dozen other games where we should have got more than we did this season, we could have been looking at anything between £105k and £316k extra beyond what seventh will bring us ..... money that could have transformed archies budget, for targets and resignings.

Not being so defensive would be a start.

Archie has played to our strengths and I don't accept we are that defensive either. The attacking players we have at the club at the min are not good enough to play open attacking football.

Just look at Dundee - they had Harkins, Stewart and Hemmings in their team. All would walk into our side.

They're not given the opportunity to play open attacking football.

I disagree that we don't have good players. I think we do.

But with a focus on being trying not to concede goals, the management team have blunted our attack.

And by playing Pogba so often, that attack is more blunted to the degree it's non existent.

They're not given the opportunity to play open attacking football.

I disagree that we don't have good players. I think we do.

But with a focus on being trying not to concede goals, the management team have blunted our attack.

And by playing Pogba so often, that attack is more blunted to the degree it's non existent.

nice 1 :D

Archie has played to our strengths and I don't accept we are that defensive either. The attacking players we have at the club at the min are not good enough to play open attacking football.

Just look at Dundee - they had Harkins, Stewart and Hemmings in their team. All would walk into our side.

stats talk for themselves , 33 goals in 34 games , lowest in the league , I've been to games this season where we haven't even had a shot at goal . I personally think we've got a manager who would rather play safety first football than open attacking football , the game up at Dingwall sums it up for me , a game that would have cemented our top 6 place if we had went for it . Archie precedes to drop Doolan to the bench after scoring the winner against Dundee Utd and plays the non attacking threat of Pogba . Says it all

stats talk for themselves , 33 goals in 34 games , lowest in the league , I've been to games this season where we haven't even had a shot at goal . I personally think we've got a manager who would rather play safety first football than open attacking football , the game up at Dingwall sums it up for me , a game that would have cemented our top 6 place if we had went for it . Archie precedes to drop Doolan to the bench after scoring the winner against Dundee Utd and plays the non attacking threat of Pogba . Says it all

We've had some poor performances this season, but there hasn't been a single game where we haven't had a shot at goal. I get the disappointment that we haven't scored more goals, but let's keep a sense of proportion. To claim that the manager wants to play safety first football only makes sense if you mean that he doesn't want us to lose games. He's been succesful in that and I'm confident he'll take steps to address the attacking issue. I'm as big a fan of Doolan as anyone, but to continually represent the selection of Pogba instead of Doolan as somehow passing up on a goal scoring machine has no basis in reality - yes, Doolan is a Thistle legend, but his goal scoring is no more than average for a striker. Pogba gives us a different dimension which Doolan doesn't. I fully expect to see Pogba start today as his physicality offers more against the hammer throwers of Inverness than Doolan's skills.

Edited by Firhillista

We've had some poor performances this season, but there hasn't been a single game where we haven't had a shot at goal. I get the disappointment that we haven't scored more goals, but let's keep a sense of proportion. To claim that the manager wants to play safety first football only makes sense if you mean that he doesn't want us to lose games. He's been succesful in that and I'm confident he'll take steps to address the attacking issue. I'm as big a fan of Doolan as anyone, but to continually represent the selection of Pogba instead of Doolan as somehow passing up on a goal scoring machine has no basis in reality - yes, Doolan is a Thistle legend, but his goal scoring is no more than average for a striker. Pogba gives us a different dimension which Doolan doesn't. I fully expect to see Pogba start today as his physicality offers more against the hammer throwers of Inverness than Doolan's skills.

Im sure there has been, the ross county game we won at firhill springs to mind where we scored from an own goal.

I would agree to a degree with your assessment on Pogba where its far from all his fault. I cant think of many times, if any, hes been one on one with the keeper. Our build up play is painful and clueless. We dont get enough people forward. Its as clear as day what needs addressed. Hopefully we manage to produce one of they results out of the blue today which we have done a few times this season and we are mathematically safe then the sooner the summer comes the better. It will also let Archie focus on building a team next season and keeping those out of contract.

Get that totally but where does the goal scoring threat come from then , at the moment Kris Doolan has scored almost 1/3 of the goals we've scored this season and until there is someone better to take his place then he should play . Pogba isn't that man and on a side note Doolan has a great record against Inverness . Take Doolans winning goals out of the 2 Dundee Utd games and the St Johnstone game where would we be ? Edited by jlsarmy