Partick Thistle Vs St. Johnstone - Saturday 10 September

jagfox

Back to business on Saturday so we might as well get a thread started.

Just went to buy my ticket on my fancard for this fixture but it was marked unavailable, although I was able to buy my ticket for the Motherwell game on the 24 September. A call to the flub maybe required...

Anyway, thoughts on lineups, tactics and predictions?

I fancy our chances against the Saintees. 2-0 Thistle (Doolan, Erskine) - Crowd 9700 (as it COULD be sold-out for all I know?) :P

Jags On tour's team with Azeez for Amoo

Difficult one as Amoo offers more width, something I don't feel the full backs have been creating enough of lately. Not sure Welsh has done enough wrong to be in line for the bench but then again his one bit of daftness means he's got to regain his place anyway. I'd probably start Wee Stevie but I doubt it can be argued he's not been at his best. Another so-so game and I feel his position will be in doubt.

Archie made it clear he was fizzing with Welsh getting stupidly sent off at Pittidrie and with Barton now signed I reckon Sean's day of being a regular pick might be over. Just on a betting point Hills online have us at 15/8 to win this. Given our record against them last season and the way we played against Aberdeen and Hearts, that has got to be worth a tickle!!

Archie made it clear he was fizzing with Welsh getting stupidly sent off at Pittidrie and with Barton now signed I reckon Sean's day of being a regular pick might be over. Just on a betting point Hills online have us at 15/8 to win this. Given our record against them last season and the way we played against Aberdeen and Hearts, that has got to be worth a tickle!!

Having seen both of our present manager's last two red cards it would be rather hypocritical if he held Welsh's stupidity against him. In fact I wonder if he fined himself for the last one :) . Think tho' you're right about Sean no longer been a default starter. I'd suggest that's the same for most of our players or more correctly when/if everyone is fit it'll be the case. I'm led to believe that Barton's not a strong tackler so for that reason I'd say only Abdul (along with Cerny) will be certain starters once Banzo, Mustapha and to a lesser extent, Fraser, return.

I'm led to believe that Barton's not a strong tackler so for that reason I'd say only Abdul (along with Cerny) will be certain starters once Banzo, Mustapha and to a lesser extent, Fraser, return.

Given that we appear to have forked out a decent fee for Barton and he must be on a top wage to tempt him here, it will be very disappointing if he is not looked on as a shoe in on the team sheet. Let's hope we are not calling him Dick Barton after a few weeks....lol

Edited by Lindau

Cerny

Gordon Devine Lindsay Booth

Barton Osman

Lawless Erskine Amoo/Azeez

Doolan

Sub: Scully, Syme, Penrice/Fraser, Welsh, Elliott, Edwards, Amoo/Azeez

Looking at the bench re-iterates for me the need for another centre-back, even when Mustapha is back giving the option of Gordon. Have to wait and see how Archie uses Barton I guess.

It’s going to difficult for Archie to play the same team as last week because of the lack of a striker option on the bench if he does. He could try either Elliott or Mcdaid but not sure how valid they are. We are short of a striker and a centre back in this squad but we can only live within our resources.

Interesting to see what Archie does on Saturday because Edwards had a good game against hearts and normally that would be enough to keep him in.

Also the striking role does he go with Doolan and Azeez? If he does as i mentioned above we have limited options to put a fresh player upfront as they tire. Azeez caused hearts a lot of problems and I am inclined to think he will not be dropped.

Looks like Barton is a shoo in so I'd go Dolcis in goal. a back four of Bayne and Duckett playing either side of Lilley and Skinner. Barton in a holding role could let us play an attacking midfield of Freeman, Hardy and Willis. Home game, so time to go two up front. Brantano playing off the shoulder of Clinkard could do the trick.

Looks like Barton is a shoo in so I'd go Dolcis in goal. a back four of Bayne and Duckett playing either side of Lilley and Skinner. Barton in a holding role could let us play an attacking midfield of Freeman, Hardy and Willis. Home game, so time to go two up front. Brantano playing off the shoulder of Clinkard could do the trick.

As long as we don't play Slippers McConalogue up front, Archie can select whatever team he wants....

Missing this as I'm away to Berlin.

Presumably the same team as last week, although I'd guess Azeez drops to the bench and Edwards moves further forward to allow Barton to slot into midfield. Played well against Hearts, be a bit more clinical and keep that up and we'll win.

Buy the game via Jagzone, sit in a pub with wifi & watch it on your phone!

Hopefully we'll get a positive result as we need some more points on the board - a win this weekend would be perfect & I think we're more than capable. I'll be tuning in from my couch in sunny (clammy) Spain!

• Like 1

Man, you've got sole....

What a pun-run!

(but maybe unintelligible to the under 50s) :-)