Sevco V Jags 01/10/16. The Virgin Meeting Of The Two Clubs!

Lindau

An intriguing fixture. We've not won at Ibrox since 1982? Even worse than our record at Parkhead.

We should have nothing to fear but appreciate that the home team will be locking their wounds after that late winner for Aberdeen.

I've not watched this team on their rise through the leagues barring last year's cup final.

It would seem they have vulnerabilities that we can look to expose.

Their right back leaves plenty of space in behind and Clint Hill is pedestrian in pace. They also seem vulnerable to set pieces. So plenty of scope for creating and hopefully taking a few chances.

They seem to be more comfortable on the front foot but also lack penetrative at times.

I can see us lining up similar to the Way we did at Aberdeen, hopefully the plan works out better this time.

I'd go with the following team.

Scully

Gordon Devine Lindsay Booth/ Elliott

Osman Barton

Amoo Edwards Erskine

Azeez

Pace in that team and the central midfield pair can add cover to the central defence as required and also add height to the attack when awarded a corner or free kick.

I feel Azeez can give the Rangers defence a tough old time of it and can hopefully allow the three behind to get forward.

Nothing to fear, but we need to cut out the lapses of concentration.

C'mon Thistle!

Edited by jagfox

Does anyone know if this game is on Sky Sports? Away this weekend but was hoping to watch it.

It's on Rangers TV, so there should be a stream or two available. If you do watch, make sure the volume is down low, the commentators are so biased (even for a club channel). Also Derek Johnstone makes an appearance now and then.

£5.99 to watch if outside UK & Ireland.

Not for me, I'll be at the Hannover 96 - St. Pauli game, which is already a sell-out.

A decent chance of getting something from this one.

8/1 on Betfair for us to win!

Now, I know better than to bet on Thistle, but surely that's rather generous from the bookies?

I actually got 9/1 at Ladbrokes last Sunday, think even the biggest Blue nose would admit that absolutely no way are these realistic odds! On second thoughts maybe you wouldn't get such an admission?

Still and I don't think I'm letting my heart rule my head I thinK that we have at the very least

A decent chance of getting something from this one.

I actually got 9/1 at Ladbrokes last Sunday, think even the biggest Blue nose would admit that absolutely no way are these realistic odds! On second thoughts maybe you wouldn't get such an admission?

Still and I don't think I'm letting my heart rule my head I thinK that we have at the very least

Crazy odds. Worth £10 of anyone's money I think!

Just read the preview. I see the club is kowtowing to the myth of relegation.

http://www.statto.co...2/between-dates

I understand we have to try to protect our fans and buses and our seats and toilets when they come calling but it must be possible to find a form of words that avoids the sore point without lying? Like "Since TRFC had to climb up from division 3". And I don't go along with "put it in the past". They cheated, they dodged their taxes, lied to the SFA and they've (neither owners or fans) never shown the slightest remorse for it. Why should they get thier own way and we pretend that it was all OK so we don't hurt their feelings? (Apart of course from their putting you on their list of "enemies of Rangers" of course.)

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 3