Sevco V Jags 01/10/16. The Virgin Meeting Of The Two Clubs!

Lindau

We will get an early start for this one. Really difficult one to call and a lot might depend on how the manager sets us up for this one. Would like to see Booth back with Elliot shifting to right back but I think he will stick with Gordon. Be tough to drop Christie after his excellent display yesterday. Would go with both Barton and Osman for this game and seeing Rangers defence I would persist with Azeez up front. He will cause them problems, despite the negativity on here. Hopefully Erskine will be fit. No matter their troubles it's always a hard place to go. I would be happy with a draw and over the moon with the three. The one thing we don't want to do is lose an early goal.

It's a fine line Pinhead. Throw caution to the wind and get gubbed and the manager gets it in the neck. I can see us trying to keep it tight till half time and get the "we don't do walking away" lot on their backs then become more offensive as the game wears on. Honestly don't have a clue how this game will pan out, but we are certainly capable of getting something from the game, whether we do is a totally different matter!

Edited by Lindau

I think both teams weaknesses are their defences. They seem to struggle with ball down the middle, so Azeez could be crucial IF he can put the ball in the net. But agreed with above, we can't sit back and give them any respect. They are a newly promoted team so why should we? But then again we did that with Hearts last season :unsure:

Pressure is really starting to mount on Warburton with the vast amount of bears not accepting a mid place transitional season but demanding to be challenging Celtic.

If we beat them (and we can) he could be out a job, the pressure is completely on them, and if rumors are to be believed there are major problems both in the dressing room and in the board room

• Like 1

with the vast amount of bears not accepting a mid place

A bear is a proud and majestic creature, top of its food chain. That shower are ignoble, should be ashamed of themselves and are polluted with pond-life bottom feeders.

They can call themselves whatever they want. Don't think we should insult the World's ursine population by going along with it. :)

• Like 2

A bear is a proud and majestic creature, top of its food chain. That shower are ignoble, should be ashamed of themselves and are polluted with pond-life bottom feeders.

They can call themselves whatever they want. Don't think we should insult the World's ursine population by going along with it. :)

To be fair, some of them probably do shit in the woods, though.

• Like 2

We must be positive rather than over cautious. Play Doolan and Azeez from the start. Doolan and Erskine have always had an uncanny partnership since they both arrived at the club. Barton and Edwards pushing on with Osman controlling everything between the midfield and defense.

Remember both teams Achilles heel are their defences. We must try and keep the pressure off the Jags defence by attacking, not gungho, but in a controlled and pacey manner.

Unfortunately when Welsh plays the change of pace gives the opposition the upper hand.

Lets remember it is a fact that attack is the best form of defense. Let the opposition worry about us!

Do not set out to play safe. Anything we get here is a bonus!

• Like 2

We must be positive rather than over cautious. Play Doolan and Azeez from the start. Doolan and Erskine have always had an uncanny partnership since they both arrived at the club. Barton and Edwards pushing on with Osman controlling everything between the midfield and defense.

Remember both teams Achilles heel are their defences. We must try and keep the pressure off the Jags defence by attacking, not gungho, but in a controlled and pacey manner.

Unfortunately when Welsh plays the change of pace gives the opposition the upper hand.

Lets remember it is a fact that attack is the best form of defense. Let the opposition worry about us!

In my opinion the best post yet

best post for ages on here

Obviously we have to defend well as they have some decent attacking players but they are not so good at the back and they only have a plan A. So, yes, defend well but don't sit back FFS Archie. Press them and hound them non-stop (as we did Motherwell in our good spells yesterday) and opportunities will come. We'll need lots of energy and workrate and to cut out mistakes so no Welsh please. The same starting team again though there's a case for playing Osman I think, though that might mean dropping an attacking player as Edwards would probably be played further forward in that case..

Song requests in early please:

You're not Rangers any more

Sevco, sevco get to ****

Won't be there on Saturday, so I hope all that do go, give it large for 90 minutes. Sevco supporter in work offered me a free season ticket for the game, but no way could I sit beside him and the goons for 90 minutes. If we win I would be lucky to get out alive. Made up my mind after all the shenanigans since 2012 that I would never ever give them a penny of my hard earned dosh or step inside that ground again

Edited by Lindau

Will be interesting to see how Archie combats the over lapping runs of Wallace down our right.

He goes inside and outside the right back, so the Ziggy/Devine partnership on the right will be under pressure.

I'd be inclined to move Elliott over to the right if Booth is over his illness. Having Elliott and Amoo's pace on our right would be ideal, especially on the counter when Wallace is stranded up the park.

Elliot at RB makes sense to me. Had an excellent game on Saturday I think & pace is key to defeating them I think.

Azeez through the middle - bound to score soon & what better place...

I also think we shouldn't tinker too much - hopefully Erskine will be OK and if so, only change I would make is Booth for Gordon with Elliot moving to RB. Doubt Archie will drop Gordon though, but he should consider it. Also don't think Osman has looked great so far and I have been really impressed with Edwards of late & Barton looks the part.

Oh, and it was great to see Scully have a good game - very commanding & I hope it continues - he is a good keeper & hopefully this is when he starts to show it consistently.

Shame it's not at Firhill as I've loved watching the games live - don't think The Rangers have a similar service, do they?