Scotland

angry gaz

Dreadfull, Strachan looked as if he didn't have a clue after the match.

Started with no tempo again and it looked like a complete repeat of the Georgia game. Coming out with "Its not a must win game " before the match is a lot of pish. Lose on tuesday and it's over before it begins.

Grant Hanley is woeful .

• Like 1

Strangely I have a feeling they will get 4 points from the next 2 games - always seems to be a case of success and failure being allied to expectation and the inverse. A draw on Tuesday and a win at Wembley :-) - or the other way round of course.

Never really been an adherent to the national side - used to attend the Home Internationals but was put off by never being able to get a ticket for the England games (despite attending the N. Ireland (1972 ish) game at Hampden which boasts the lowest ever Scotland home attendance (c. 7,000)). Naturally couldn't get a ticket for the England game the following Saturday as the "real" fans had snapped them up prior to watching the N. Ireland game on the telly presumably! Jings I was even disillusioned before "Ally's Tartan Army" arrived. :frantic::dancing:

Edited by JeanieD

The parallels with the Jags team over recent years have been incredibly consistent. What did we have last night? A questionable central defence, losing a goal against the run of play at the time. Too few credible shots on target and the better chances squandered. Sounds all too familiar.

And your best striker having to sit it out while an inferior one gets preferred.

• Like 1

And your best striker having to sit it out while an inferior one gets preferred.

Thought Griffiths was supposed not to be fully fit. Still I thought there were other choices (like McCormack who wasn't even in the squad) rather than a guy who hasn't scored a goal in ... well for ages anyway. Can excuse the poor choice of central defence as all our choices there are bad: when are we going to find a decent centre back?

I thought Strachan was going to do something when he got the team playing with a bit of confidence and some decent passing but once he got the team playing OK he reverted to typical Scotland manager type of risk aversion and playing guys who did OK once but are obviously off form.

I thought Strachan was going to do something when he got the team playing with a bit of confidence and some decent passing but once he got the team playing OK he reverted to typical Scotland manager type of risk aversion and playing guys who did OK once but are obviously off form.

We have never recovered from Argentina 78. We've been sh1tting it ever since Ally McLeod to say anything positive going into a game or qualifier since then.

We are so scared of having self confidence in our abilities it's crippled us .

Strachan's approach to the game cost us 2 points . Saying that match" wasn't must win" was pathetic. Wales and N.I. have shown how far a bit of self belief can take you.

Tuesday's match is absolutley 100% must win and he should be telling the players that and that they can win it.

The thing that bugs me most about Strachan is that he has done literally nothing to justify his own arrogance. At least the guys like Sir Alex Ferguson have actually achieved so can get away with being an arse.

Hopelessly dejected by last night, and now I am 100% convinced that Strachan has lost the plot and has to go. We don't have the most talented players, granted. But you do have to utilise the strengths that you do have, and playing 1 up front isn't doing that.

• Like 1

Thought wee Bannan was immense in both games so far. Hardly a stray pass in 180 minutes and, as far as I see, not a lot of credit. Thought Snodgrass was completely anonymous and Forrest, when he came on, reverted to his Celtic form of previous seasons.

But, wait, Georgia got a draw in the backyard of "world beaters" Wales.....

Maybe we are not so bad.

That guy Martin reminds me of Pogba. A carthorse with no 'attitude' who jumps down the way and never scores. Not good attributes for a striker.

Good point. Against a team we ought to be capable of beating at home (and who at the least are the same standard as us) he played the kind of guy up front you might play if we were playing away against a much superior team - a guy picked for running and strength rather than goal scoring ability as we would be happy with a draw. There are guys with much better goal-scoring records available than Martin - true none playing higher than Championship level but that's the level of most of our team. Against a team not really stronger than us, we should have been playing a proven goal scorer: I suggested McCormack but I'm sure folk here can suggest others. Reminds me of the away game v Georgia when we really needed a win and he played a defensive team with some players out of position.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I think Strachan got that one wrong in terms of tactics and lineup so a draw actually seems like getting out of jail. We didn't turn up until the last 10 minutes, if we played even a half like that I strongly believe we would have all 3 points.

I was also quite surprised at the amount of Lithuanian players suffering cramp in the second half, I thought professional footballers would have been in better shape...

In typical Scottish style we'll probably beat Slovakia away now, but fully expect to finish third overall knowing that had we beat Lithuania we would have qualified. This campaigns Georgia.

• Like 1