Sellik 09/12/16

Lindau

Really is time the officials are challenged more and I use ICT v Hamilton as an example at weekend wherein Seabourne blatanly stops a goal in the box with his hand and nothing is given so you could argue for second successive week Hamilton have gained an extra point when really they should have had none. First week it cost us an additional 2 points and likewise ICT on Saturday. At seasons end these point swings could be the difference between 10th,11th and bottom places.

Did Accies also have a very 'soft' penalty awarded to them in a match v Aberdeen as well?

Delighted that we are appealing this.

I have always thought that the excitable, overpaid incompetents should be held accountable like a cricket umpire nowadays who makes howlers. He is now found out by the referral system.

Can we appeal half of Osman's bookings?

Darren Fletcher may have had a European Cup Winners medal under this system. And Martin Hardie could have played vs Rangers in the semi.

Mind, who sits on the panel?

We need to hang on to the coat tails for the next few games and hopefully kick on from there. Interesting to see that Hamiltons next 5 games are

Celtic a

Rangers h

Celtic h

Aberdeen a

Local derby Motherwell h

Can't see them pulling too far away from us, given that fixture list.

Hamilton will probably pick up points against them that we don't!

As pointed out last night in Sportscene, a programme world renowned for its forensic analysis, the ICT laddie handled the ball a split second before Big Dan took his turn so a penalty would've been unfair. Great refereeing when you actually miss two handballs.

Hopefully Seaborne will gift the opposition a few points during the season.

Surprised that we are appealing a yellow card as it doesn't substantiate a suspension. If we fail in our appeal (its the SPFL) it will be a waste of money in the region of what the PAWS has raised thus far and azeez can still play on Saturday anyway. If we win the appeal azeez sits on 2 yellows for the season.

Honestly?? As McEnroe would say....You cannot be serious!

Honestly? Yup - I personally see it as churlish to want other clubs (of similar standing to ourselves) to fail and thereby deny them a notable result that we seemingly cannot get against those two loathsome opponents.

If we are to succeed (or perhaps more accurately "not fail") then we should be doing so on our own merits - if Hamilton take anything from their next 3 games then I, for one, would not be unhappy.

Edited by JeanieD
  • Like 1

Honestly? Yup - I personally see it as churlish to want other clubs (of similar standing to ourselves) to fail and thereby deny them a notable result that we seemingly cannot get against those two loathsome opponents.

If we are to succeed (or perhaps more accurately "not fail") then we should be doing so on our own merits - if Hamilton take anything from their next 3 games then I, for one, would not be unhappy.

Really, that's a ridiculous outlook to have. Our success in no small part, is determined by those around us, failure.

That's the case for every team in the league. Aberdeens success will be determined in some part by Hearts & rangers failure, or vice versa.

I look at the fixture list every week, look at the teams around us, who they're playing and what is the best results for us.

Imagine rangers finish in the bottom 6 and we need a rangers victory against Hamilton, to stay up... Hamilton go one up with 2 minutes to go, comes through on your phone... at least your hatred for one team will give you some pleasure as you walk back to the car, realising we'll be back playing in the Championship, next season!

Why you smiling Jeanne, we got relegated?

Aye but rangers got beat!

• Like 1

My hatred of the other two Glasgow teams in this league is well known, especially the new club on the south side and any day of the week I want to see them getting beat, but not when we are in a very serious relegation/play off battle against teams they are playing against. I honestly can't fathom out your logic on that one!

• Like 1

PT & Lindau are spot on here.

If you look at some of our relegations over the years we actually finished with decent points tallies, the only problem being that other teams around us finished with more.

The most obvious one is 04/05 when we were relegated for the 2nd year in a row under Whyte/Britton/Campbell. We finished the season with 39 points. Pretty sure that any other season since, we would have finished 8th or higher with that points total.

Quite simply, we need those around us to gain less points than we do, otherwise we are down. Yes it's all about what we do as well, but the mechanics of the league system means that someone must finish bottom and someone must finish 11th.

Supporting Accies against Rangers is complete folly.

• Like 1

What criteria do the panel use for overturning the card. Does it have to be obvious that the decision was wrong ? If that is the case, I don't think we will win the appeal. And if they do find in our favour, should they not then give Craig Gordon a retrospective red card ?

You see regularly on the likes of Match of the Day, situations where an attacker goes down and there's been contact with an opponent (goalie or otherwise). The pundit analysis often deems the contact to be minimal, neither worthy of free kick/penalty or a yellow for simulation. What the lad on there, Murphy, would call "a little bit of this, a little bit of that". In reality it's more the fans that are polarised by these decisions whereas a neutral will go along with the "there wasn't much in it argument". So I think it entirely fair that Azeez has his booking rescinded as "going down rather too easily", which may or may not be the case, doesn't appear to warrant sanction. Similarly making contact with the player if deemed as "minimal" doesn't always warrant punishment.

But I do agree that because it's the SPFL, wee team against big team, Craig Thomson in charge, little or no media outcry at the decision, our chances are slim. We perhaps are well aware of this but are appealing simply because it's the right thing to do from an ethical point of view even if not fiscally prudent. It's also possible that the player who'll be incensed with the decision, doesn't want to get branded a cheat is funding or part funding the appeal. One thing Azeez has got going for himself (some may say the only thing) is his pace and to be successful he needs to use that to win free kick/penalty decisions or have defenders think twice about putting a foot in. If he gets branded as a diver then defenders, who by nature play the percentages, won't be so concerned.

Putting principle aside if this was Kris Doolan that got the yellow we'd not be querying the appeal. We'd probably be raising money ourselves to help fund it.

Putting principle aside if this was Kris Doolan that got the yellow we'd not be querying the appeal. We'd probably be raising money ourselves to help fund it.

There was a moment about 30 minutes into the game where Doolan tried to close down their right back, Gamboa (?). The player appeared to dive after passing to ball to Gordon but it was obvious Doolan had not touched him. Gordon was forced into a punt up the park. This was more deserving of a foul and a booking.

I would like Archie to be a bit more vocal when we do not get these decisions. Rodgers made a point about the goal being offside and the assistant realising a mistake, chopped off the Welsh goal. Other teams make a point when they believe they have been treated harshly. This is not to have a decision overturned, but to ensure either it does not happen again or the referee evens things up.

• Members

I don think Azeez has helped his appeal any with his comments about it in the Times yesterday. Says he looked up and seen Gordon coming out and knew if he knocked it past him, Gordon couldn't avoid him. Says he felt a touch and went down. Played for it in other words.

I don't think Azeez has helped his appeal any with his comments about it in the Times yesterday. Says he looked up and seen Gordon coming out and knew if he knocked it past him, Gordon couldn't avoid him. Says he felt a touch and went down. Played for it in other words.

That to me is just plain silly. Commenting about the incident prior to the appeal regardless of what you say can only harm the outcome.

Great news. May not make much difference but exonerates a player who gets absolutely nothing out of referees.I am delighted the club has stood up for Ade.

Thomson is an apology for a ref and Azeez an easy target for him. He should try booking Scott Brown occasionally for his numerous crimes against football. But he doesn't have the bottle.

• Like 1

Both yellow cards were for simulation. I don't know the circumstances in Jamie Walker's case but reasonable to assume that both cheeks have got away without an on field sanction.

In England, the referees in these cases are sent to a re-education camp (lower league fixture). Not the case here, Craig Thomson will be in charge of Ross County v Aberdeen this weekend.