Killie 18/03/17

Lindau

Kilmarnock looked good for the 1st 30mins, one of the few occasions where a team has looked better than us this season. After that we dominated & especially in the 2nd half, a great performance.

No player had a bad game, Edwards frustrates the life out of me though. Without the ball he is excellent, chasing with pace, a real asset. With the ball though there is a real lack of quality at times, in terms of decision making & skill. It looks to me though that this could be coached in to him but he is definitely in the team for his stamina & off the ball work rather than what he produces once he gets the ball.

Cerny unlucky, presume it was just such an easy save that he took his eye off it.

I would have perhaps brought Azeez on earlier, he did a great job last week & could have provided another out ball after we scored. Should have an extra 4pts & be chasing 5th but as long as we can secure 6th it will be very good progression for the team/club.

• Like 1

Very disappointing,but in all honesty can't be too critical of Czerny for as the good book says let he who is without sin cast the fist stoke.

Eaqally honestly,the first half was for once the first time since we have been promoted that Kilmarnock could have made a reasonable claim to have been the bettetr side. The majority of the second half turned this on its head and Thistle played as well all season. However, once again our seemingly perennial failing of putting a game to bed came back to haunt us: more so in my opinion than any aberration on the part of a player who has played a significant part in what must be accepted as our relative success so far this season.

Very disappointing,but in all honesty can't be too critical of Czerny for as the good book says let he who is without sin cast the fist stoke.

Eaqally honestly,the first half was for once the first time since we have been promoted that Kilmarnock could have made a reasonable claim to have been the bettetr side. The majority of the second half turned this on its head and Thistle played as well all season. However, once again our seemingly perennial failing of putting a game to bed came back to haunt us: more so in my opinion than any aberration on the part of a player who has played a significant part in what must be accepted as our relative success so far this season.

My analysis of the first half was that Killie were on top for about the first 20 mins. Thought they played some decent stuff in that period. For whatever reason they stopped playing football and turned into the hammer throwers we know and love. By half time we were in complete control and should have been ahead.

Has Archies inability to sign a decent striker cost us? Sammon now scored more goals in last 2 games than Azeez has all season with us? dunno what happened with the lee erwin loan thing but hes scored 4 in 4, our lack of goals and ability to kill a game off will cost us top 6 I think.

I like Cerny and I wasn't at Kilmarnock but not being in command of the ball when it comes into the box cost us the game last week. If its the same this week you look to Archie. And in the name of God in the high heavens,in the name of every religion on the earth please don't mention Azeez in the same breath when there is any talk of football, If there is anyone out there who thinks this big cart horse is any good, or should ever be wearing of the football boot, then You must only come to Firhill for the banter, cause You ain't got a clue about football.......

If you have seen the goals sammon has scored though a couple were the same as yesterdays. Abdul was gone in the last 20 minutes. We gave ourselves problems in the middle of the park. As for not burying our chances, how many decent opportunities did we create? We nearly stole what would have been a great 3 points, however we had to settle fir another kick in the stanes.

On reflection we are still in a good position but we dont half make it difficult for ourselves.

Edited by MonehJags
  • Like 1

Awesome? U American? That wis pish. I wis gutted we couldnt haud oan tae a goal fae hee haw. That wis shockin. Osman wis chasin shadows aw day. There goal wis incompetence. It shouldnt have been near cerny. The only bonus, everyone wis singing Sabbath's song "he wears number 9, scores aw the time, Kristopher Doolan"

No, born in Springburn. U left skool yet? As for chances, I thought we had plenty. Off the top of my hungover head I

reckon Erskine and Barton will be disappointed with efforts they missed.

Has Archies inability to sign a decent striker cost us? Sammon now scored more goals in last 2 games than Azeez has all season with us? dunno what happened with the lee erwin loan thing but hes scored 4 in 4, our lack of goals and ability to kill a game off will cost us top 6 I think.

Until yesterday, we had the third best defence in the league. I think that's why we are good enough to secure top six. I can understand your frustration with lack of goals, most of us are the same, but we should be looking at the positives.

I think the answer to our goal problem is sitting on our bench but I can understand the reluctance to introduce Nisbet while there is so much at stake.

Plenty is an exaggeration. What Erskine chance are you talking about? We had a break not long after our goal with Edwards but he took the wrong option and the chance was gone. Sorry you must have went to colston indeed with that spelling

Well, without the benefit of highlights, I'm pretty sure Chris will be disappointed with his right footed shot in the first half

that zipped past the post and at least one of his efforts went just wide of the post in the second when he looked certain to score. The same post that Barton's shot came off.

Sure you were at the game or did your carer just pass on the details?

Also, by "chance" I don't necessarily mean a direct shot on goal.

Leading up to our goal we were too hot for Killie and if we had made a different final pass or a better cross then at times a goal

could have been the outcome. So in the context of footballl I'll stick with "plenty" as we only had take one of them to win the game.

Edited by Harrybriscoe

It is awfully frustrating. 2pts dropped last week, and 2pts dropped yesterday. If only we had hung on, I would say the Top-6 would have been a near certainty at this point. We must now realistically beat Ross County and Motherwell in our final 4 games.

Celtic away will be difficult, although we were not far from getting a draw last time. I see no reason why we should not expect some form of points return from Ibrox. Our away form has been good and in particular we have produced some very strong second half performances. St Johnstone, Hearts, Ross County and Kilmarnock yesterday spring immediately to mind. The only real non-show was against Motherwell, and perhaps we lacked a little self-belief in our previous visit to Ibrox. So definitely all to play for.

Edited by partickthedog

It is awfully frustrating. 2pts dropped last week, and 2pts dropped yesterday. If only we had hung on, I would say the Top-6 would have been a near certainty at this point. We must now realistically beat Ross County and Motherwell in our final 4 games.

I agree that we will probably need all 6 points. Both Dundee and Killy also have 2 winable games, but I think that 40 points and our goal difference should be enough. Not much room for error.

If people actually calm down and understand that before yesterday it was important that we didn't lose and we didn't. We didn't capitulate after we went 1-0 up, we didn't sit back and try to soak up pressure, we were comfortable until Cerny's uncharacteristic error.

If you look at the fixtures we are well placed to secure top 6, match Killies results and we will finish top 6. Dundee and County have too much to do, we are IMO 1 win away from top 6 and an absolutely outstanding season.

Some people on here, many who clearly don't manage to away games seem happy to wallow in any setback we have, thankfully we have a management team and a group of players who have a much more positive mindset

• Like 4

Although we only scored once when at least two goals seemed likely, the attack was much more varied than last week: as well as crosses into the box, we had wing-backs cutting in, shots from distance, early balls into space for runners (particularly Edwards) and clever passing in the penalty box. Not everything came off, but adding that variety bodes well.

To me there were a few significant differences between the two 1-1 each games. I thought, unlike ICT, at least Killie tried to get a result and were quite inventive early on with set plays, which were plentiful due to that early pressure. Against ICT our biggest failing wasn't losing the late goal but our failure to score a second when we were on top. Yesterday we were just plain unlucky to not add to the scoreline and we certainly weren't guilty of not trying to get a second. Fortuitous as their equaliser was Killie were trying to win the game whereas ICT were always going to be satisfied with a point.

Archie obviously sees something you don't.No offence but I'll stick with the managers opinion.

What did the manager say ?

This, perhaps? “I think the only negative with the way we played was that we had a couple of chances to hit them on the break away and never took them to give us a chance of making it 2-0.”