Liam Lindsey's (Relative) Value?

thistle4celtic1

Think Liam would be better staying at Firhill for a least one more season and continue his development by at least playing every week .

He's only 21 years of age and there's plenty of time to get a better move than Barnsley or Oxford Utd , he should take note of Jack Hendry , Stephen O'donnell and Aaron Taylor Sinclair who are now on the verge of becoming journeyman pros and going between clubs every other year.

The valuation of Liam Lindsey is absolutely baffling ,going by the media reports 350 k, doesn't make any sense to me when Billy Gilmour goes to Chelsea for 500k having not played a first team game for Rangers.

Liam has started to fulfil part of his potential and could in the future be a Scotland centre half, and has played almost 90 first team games.

Whoever agreed the deal at the price and from all accounts people at the club are hiding behind add ons etc if the player is successful and possibly gets a big move in the future.

It's a big gamble and hopefully Liam does well if he decides to move down South and we get a cut of future transfer fees.

By my rationale (albeit rather homespun) if the Barnsley deal isn't worth considerably more to us then we really wanted to see Liam leave us for the lower league club. Taking in jlsarmy comments but I feel the earlier a decision whether Liam stays or goes is more important than the actual decision.

Agree 100%. (Though I suppose agreeing 62.4% or something isn't really agreeing).

• Like 2

I'd love us to keep him, but I'm sure he'll be leaving soon. I hope we get decent money, but I genuinely hope the big man goes on to be a star wherever he goes. He comes across in interviews as a lovely young man, he's come on in leaps and bounds last season and I had the pleasure of chatting with him recently at hospitality. SOD & ATS didn't seem to improve the way way we hoped, so here's hoping LL does. I sincerely hope he becomes a Scotland International in the next few years the same as a certain Alan Hansen when he left us in the 70's

• Like 1

Think Liam would be better staying at Firhill for a least one more season and continue his development by at least playing every week .

He's only 21 years of age and there's plenty of time to get a better move than Barnsley or Oxford Utd , he should take note of Jack Hendry , Stephen O'donnell and Aaron Taylor Sinclair who are now on the verge of becoming journeyman pros and going between clubs every other year.

The valuation of Liam Lindsey is absolutely baffling ,going by the media reports 350 k, doesn't make any sense to me when Billy Gilmour goes to Chelsea for 500k having not played a first team game for Rangers.

Liam has started to fulfil part of his potential and could in the future be a Scotland centre half, and has played almost 90 first team games.

Whoever agreed the deal at the price and from all accounts people at the club are hiding behind add ons etc if the player is successful and possibly gets a big move in the future.

It's a big gamble and hopefully Liam does well if he decides to move down South and we get a cut of future transfer fees.

regarding SOD pretty sure he has just been at Luton since he left us - dont think he went anywhere else mate - though he's a free agent now

Concur with most that we should try and maximise the value of Liam but seems the club recognise that his worth is in the £250~350k bracket. Whilst I would be delighted to be proved wrong and only time will tell if that where to be the case I don't understand why there is such a huge expectation on the lad.

He did have a good season last year and most of the basic errors were cut out during the season, add to this goals from set pieces and he was rightly a permanent fixture in our team, however he really needs to improve the basic defending skills and become more solid at the back to be international class or more valued down south.

If he is confident of his career path he would be wise to stay at the Jags for another year and in the meantime sign an extended contract to protect the Jags investment and reward him in the short term, anything else is frankly a gamble in ny opinion.

• Like 1

Barnsley's bid accepted.

He couldn't have been talking to Barnsley if their bid hadn't been accepted.

eta Sorry, GRE. It was reported a day or so ago that we'd accepted Barnsley's bid but I see it's just been confirmed by press release this afternoon.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Really sorry to see Liam go, but wish him well at Barnsley. Still want to see him make the national squad soon.

Has it actually been confirmed he has left. If so that is a real shame as he was very solid at the back and is a danger at set peices and can chip in quite a few goals aswell. Does anyone know what add ons we have agreed with Barnsley regarding future sell ons and performances?

Has it actually been confirmed he has left. If so that is a real shame as he was very solid at the back and is a danger at set peices and can chip in quite a few goals aswell. Does anyone know what add ons we have agreed with Barnsley regarding future sell ons and performances?

He's not even spoken to them yet according to this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40344932

He has not gone yet but Archie saying on Clyde that it looks imminent, and that he is glad LL waited for a Championship club said he was better than Oxford.

AA also said that he would rather he left now in order to give us time to get a replacement in.

As I said not away yet but AA all but confirmed he was away

Still disappointed at the fee. They already signed Stevie Mallan from St. Mirren for what appears to be comparable money. And that's on a player untested in the Premiership who wasn't on the team of the year like Liam.

I don't know what the performance incentives and sell-on fees are, but looks to be a total fleecing on the surface.