New Players...

Vinnyjag

Archie said in an interview with Chic Young after the game he is still looking to get 3 or 4 players in.Has anybody else heard we are after Steven Naismith? Don't think we could afford him.

Correct, we couldn't. He was on something like £35,000 a week at Norwich.

Mate got a taxi to the game, and the Rangers supporting driver told him we are in for Rob Kiernan on loan from the Govan mob.

One thing this summer has highlighted to me is that we are now competing for a higher calibre of player and against better resourced clubs. This is making it tough but we need that bit of quality if we want to be competing for the top half of the league or better.

This to me makes the investment of the Weirs have made all that bit more crucial and well targeted as the only way we can do this is either to develop our own players and either build a team around them or sell them and reinvest. It's very encouraging to see the likes of McCarthy and McLaughlin on the edge of the first team. Also see the U17s qualified for the final of the Rey Cup - don't know how prestigious it is but they beat both Burnley and Sunderland which is really encouraging.

The youth team combined with our management and scouting team's ability to unearth a few gems is the future for us

Edited by Stephen1876
  • Like 2

Tade is getting on a bit now. If we were bringing in two forwards then I could see some substance in that. Otherwise I'm sure Archie will go for a younger player.

He's been around for years but he's only 30 according to Wikipedia, and just a few months older than Doolan.

If he's still the player he was when he left Scotland, he would be an upgrade on Azeez and help bring a bit of power to the team.

I think he is only 30 and I can't see why he would go to watch us twice at firhill unless he is a secret Jags fan

He actually does love The Jags. After a St Johnstone game when Mcinness was in charge I happened to be walking with him down Firhill Road. We had a good wee chat. When he'd left Clyde he'd a chance to join us, but it never came through. He'd always loved playing against us at Firhill, loved the feeling around the place and the fans.

Nearly got him in for a pint in The Star, but he kept on his way.

A few on pie and bovril suggesting Gregory Tade as he's been at a couple of our games recently.

Could be a decent signing if true

not a name to set the pulses racing. a few weeks ago we were being linked with michael o'halloran, who would have been a 'quality' signing. if there is any substance to this tade rumour then one can only presume that archie is growing increasingly desperate,