New Players...

Vinnyjag

Left sided CB so one problem solved

2/3 more to come

Great news! Reckon we only need a striker as Muzzy is only out for a month or 2 so Elliott will do for that time and we can play Devine or Keown there in an emergency. If we get someone in who can play striker/winger/attacking midfielder then I think that'll do for this summer. Turnbull can also play left-back if Booth is injured.

A loan? I thought he had a clause in his contract that meant he could leave for nothing! Still a good signing. Welcome to thistle Jordan

Would imagine we'd still have needed to pay off his contract but nothing on top of that, as I can't see any club agreeing that they'll pay him off if he finds a new club... could be that we couldn't afford the lump sum, but are paying his wages now with a view to signing him for free later on.

Interesting seeing Archibald's comments on the new lad. Says apart from being left sided, which they were looking for, he's not an exact replacement for Lindsay. Lindsay was very big (6'4"?) Turnbull is smaller (though not that small, still 6') but he is quick and good on the ball. To what extent that is true I suppose we'll see when he starts to play for us. Suggested he could also play left back in an emergency.

Unfortunately I cannot do it here, but Jordan Turnbull is the first Thistle player whose name can be spelled out in 3 emojis on the iPhone.

1) Flag of Jordan

2) Turn back arrow

3) Cow/Bull

No he isn't

tick = Mark

burger = Mc

diamond = Chrystal

Don't try to smart arse a smart arse :-)

I'm sure that there are more with "chick" or "grey" "ham" as first names, but I can't be bothered working them out

I wonder if the more than slight delay in announcement had anything to do with it being a loan deal as opposed to straight purchase? I imagine today's date and the terms of his contract with Coventry is significant. Whether this is to our advantage or not is anyone's guess.

I know when we signed Seaborne it was touted he could cover left back as well. We now know that was a practical nonsense. If tho' Turnbull has the pace to play wide left then that would at least mean we could loan out Penrice.

Think this signing could be so important. I know we need two or three more signings but I strongly believe signing a player to cover left centreback was the only really urgent matter.

Welcome to Firhill, Jordan!

I think he will be an excellent signing for the season. He has played plenty matches over the last three years, around our standard, some would argue even better standard. If he can cover the left then that's great.

Will Archie favour a Turnbull, Devine and Keown back three now? Have a feeling Turnbull won't start on Saturday though as I think he has only played half a game over the close season, might lack some sharpness and match fitness.