New Players...

Vinnyjag

At 6' 3" he could also slot into centre half.

Looks like he's played centre half quite a few times before. Know nothing about him but just going on paper he looks like a fairly solid signing.

Was hoping we'd get a striker in before tomorrow but I'm sure we're hard at work on that one.

I see Archie identified RB, CB, CM and ST as his four positions to fill, if he was able to bring four players in. I don't really see the need for another CM though - with Osman, Bannigan, Barton, McCarthy, Edwards and Fraser all able to play there. We're probably more light in the attacking positions behind the striker - after Lawless, Erskine and Spittal we only seem to have Edwards, McLaughlin and Elliott at a push who would play there. So a winger/attacking midfielder and a striker to come would be what I'd prefer.

i guess Muzzy will be out for longer than first thought then

I wouldn't read too much into the one year deal. We've stepped up a gear over the last couple of seasons and tend to sign better players but over longer terms. Besides Muzzy didn't look that bad at the training day (doing circuit running).

Nitrianský can also play centreback. Whether that's more to do with his height than being a natural position we'll maybe never find out. Either way his height should come in handy at set pieces. I wonder if he'll offer the attacking play like SOD, Muzzy and Elliott or be more in line with the less adventurous McMillan, Miller or Gordon?

Just saw his interview on Jagzone. His English is a bit shaky (but a lot better than my Czech) but apparently he knows Tamas - a friend of his brother! From what he said he can play right back or left back or midfield. Didn't mention centre back though at 6' 3" you'd think he'd be OK to play there in an emergency - maybe best if he did as one of a back 3.

Edit: I see we're waiting for international clearance - how long is that likely to take? (For OF team 5 minutes but for us - a week?) Could be he won't be available to play tomorrow.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

All I can say is if Storey can't get in the team instead of Stockley then do we really want him. His goal scoring record is not much better than Azeez.

What a load of sh**e! Why would we not want him? What's this about his record being not much better than Azeez, that's because he doesn't get a game at Aberdeen! The last time in his career he played regularly (with Inverness) he got 11 goals so his goalscoring record is much better than Azeez!

• Like 2

Just saw his interview on Jagzone. His English is a bit shaky (but a lot better than my Czech) but apparently he knows Tamas - a friend of his brother! From what he said he can play right back or left back or midfield. Didn't mention centre back though at 6' 3" you'd think he'd be OK to play there in an emergency - maybe best if he did as one of a back 3.

Edit: I see we're waiting for international clearance - how long is that likely to take? (For OF team 5 minutes but for us - a week?) Could be he won't be available to play tomorrow.

#BrexitBacklash