Jags Flags Stolen From North Stand

Yellow & Redneck

What can the club do? A long winded rant like the 1872 Club about Neil Lennon?

I would never have expected anyone wanting to steal flags. Firhill is an open stadium if you want to get in late at night on the pitch then it is doable.

It's a shite state of affairs but the people to be pissed off with are the wannabee ultras who stole them. Daft wee neds.

• Like 1

I understand that the club don't want to prejudice any criminal investigation: however, it is surely not too much to expect a stronger statement of support for our own fans?

In particular, as I couldn't go myself on Friday to hear reports of Rangers supporters openly flaunting their colours in the North Stand on Friday evening. The club would do well to remind the stewards/Police that they have a duty of care towards all spectators.

If segregation is note adequately enforced the Club may not be immune to such a complaint.

At the time of the screen grab, the Instagram post had been up for a day. The flags were photographed and the photo uploaded 24 hours before they were grabbed and subsequently posted here at 10.50pm Saturday. Therefore stolen well before 11pm Friday.

And, from P&B, a statement from a steward at the match.

"I saw one of the flags get nicked. Was about twenty minutes after full time and wee shite strolled into North Stand, nabbed a flag and then ran out. Absolute f**k up as kid was long gone by time anyone started chasing after him."

The offence or offences occurred between 9.45pm and 10.45pm

"As many of you may be aware, we must unfortunately report that Firhill Stadium experiences a break in, after our game with Rangers.

Sadly, three of our supporters groups flags were taken from the premises. The Amsterdam Jags, Jordanhill Jags and Nomad Global Supporters Clubs.

The matter has been passed to the poluce and we have been in contact with all three supporters groups. Since the North Stand became the home of our singing section, it's not just the vocal support but the colourful display that has become senonemous with this area of the ground.

Whilst the financial costs are heavy for these flags, it's the emotional attachment that will have taken a hit over the weekend. The Club will continue to be in contact with the previously mentiobed groups, until such times as a satisfactory conclusion is reached.

Moving forward, it would seem that a more permanent/secure storage place will need to be found. We are currently working with the grounds team to allow the club to provide such a place within the North Stand."

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

What do you expect the statement to say?

What do you think would be a suitable statement for the club to make, when property of the fans has been stolen from club premises?

Or do you not think it merits them mentioning it?

Having read again, I've misread your post...

Obviously I don't have the benefit of the information gleaned from the club's exhaustive investigation. However, from what I understand to have taken place, perhaps something like this.

Club statement

After the match on Friday somebody walked into the North Stand and left with three very large flags, unchallenged. Sorry.

...and answered the question I myself posted.

Now I understand your subsequent post.

• Like 1

For reference, my last post is what I was hoping our club would have released as a statement.

Yes. It certainly would have helped the situation if they made a statement along those lines.

Their statement shows the relationship the club has with the fans. The fact that I called the tone of it just about right gives me no comfort.

• Like 1

At the time of the screen grab, the Instagram post had been up for a day. The flags were photographed and the photo uploaded 24 hours before they were grabbed and subsequently posted here at 10.50pm Saturday. Therefore stolen well before 11pm Friday.

And, from P&B, a statement from a steward at the match.

"I saw one of the flags get nicked. Was about twenty minutes after full time and wee shite strolled into North Stand, nabbed a flag and then ran out. Absolute f**k up as kid was long gone by time anyone started chasing after him."

The offence or offences occurred between 9.45pm and 10.45pm

I'd like to think the club wouldn't have lied to the police about it...

It may well have been the case that it was our own incompetence in leaving gates open and not having any stewards or security present in the NS after the match, which lead to the first flag being stolen, but despite claims to the contrary from the club about the others, you seem determined to shift the blame from these thieves onto Thistle. Or at least, that's how it's coming across.