Team V Qos

Paukea

Difficult to judge what Archie will do here. There are a few variables that I think will affect his selection.

Queen's playing one up front would the first thing, meaning we have to change from a back 3. If I was the Queens manager that’s exactly what I would do. Barton is not great on his left side and is better as a spare man at the back.

Second is the Celtic game in midweek – if he play’s Osman and Booth on Saturday they will struggle to be ready for the Celtic match given there long lay off.

Think there will be a number of changes between the teams that faces Queens and Celtic.

Edited by Alan Murray

Re plastic pitch I remember 2 years ago when Muzzy was returning from his first injury absence. We played Hamilton away and he was put on the bench, perhaps to protect him from the surface. Sean Welsh was forced to play right back and that was a disaster. Muzzy was brought on, Sean went back to midfield and the two of them were instrumental in our fightback to victory with Matthias Pogba, Kris Doolan and Ryan Edwards all lending a hand as well.

Would love to see Muzzy play. His smile would light up Dumfries. Maybe he would smile even more if he knew that he had made it into my all-time (or at least post 1996) Thistle team, pipping Steven O'Donnell and Jean Yves Anis to the right fullback/wingback position. Now that is a trio of exciting right backs!

dumbaya was brilliant the first 3 months with us in fact by that first January he was easily my player of the year sadly since then he has been far too injury prone - with O’Donnell we pretty much got value for money over 4 years- 3-4 months out of 2 and a half years as we have had with Dumbaya is not as good, Plus we got goals with o donnell- at present muzzy has to prove he is injury clear these next few months (as does Bannigan and Fraser) before Archie should seem to consider whether he gets a new contract so far something like 30 appearances in 2 and a half years, no matter how good some of them were suggests sadly an injury record similar to Sean welsh who seemed to get far more pelters than muzzy, Bannigan and Fraser combined have for there’s

dumbaya was brilliant the first 3 months with us in fact by that first January he was easily my player of the year sadly since then he has been far too injury prone - with O’Donnell we pretty much got value for money over 4 years- 3-4 months out of 2 and a half years as we have had with Dumbaya is not as good, Plus we got goals with o donnell- at present muzzy has to prove he is injury clear these next few months (as does Bannigan and Fraser) before Archie should seem to consider whether he gets a new contract so far something like 30 appearances in 2 and a half years, no matter how good some of them were suggests sadly an injury record similar to Sean welsh who seemed to get far more pelters than muzzy, Bannigan and Fraser combined have for there’s

Absolutely agree TL that O'Donnell has made a much more significant contribution than Dumbaya to Thistle's recent history and success. My particular all time team is based on players at their best form. Even then it is a tough call because they are different sorts of players with contrasting strengths and weaknesses. Muzzy's speed, intelligence and game awareness are matched by Steven's dynamism and goal making and taking prowess. I'll give the place to Muzzy as he has a better smile!

• Like 2

Absolutely agree TL that O'Donnell has made a much more significant contribution than Dumbaya to Thistle's recent history and success. My particular all time team is based on players at their best form. Even then it is a tough call because they are different sorts of players with contrasting strengths and weaknesses. Muzzy's speed, intelligence and game awareness are matched by Steven's dynamism and goal making and taking prowess. I'll give the place to Muzzy as he has a better smile!

you have got me there mate I would argue that there ain't ever been a Jags player ever with a better smile than muzzy; -)

I seem to remember a few seasons back Dick D, that someone, possibly Balatoni, got sent off and Abdul went into centre back to cover. It deffo happened & i remember we got beaten/drew but he was ok. Few blocks and one very timely tackle. Don't think on that 30-20 minute showing he's a natural tho. Enjoy the game everyone