Hearts at Tynecastle

elevenone

4 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Hibs away next and Ross C visit Celtic so working on the assumption both away teams will leave empty handed it really does make the trip to Dingwall one of our most important games in a good while.

3 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

The only way to reverse this abomination is to sack Archie this week, new man has two weeks to organise the team for Ross County. Finishing 11 and winning a play off is our only hope of surviving this season.

Do you think the current board would do such a thing to oor archie?

I wouldn't say I've never been critical of Archie, but I've always been one to defend his position as manager of the club. Sadly, I don't think anyone can defend him anymore.

His refusal to change things before half time was baffling. Osman, who should never have started the game, had actually stopped putting in challenges due to being on the brink of a red card and Archibald just stood and watched.

We looked more comfortable in the 2nd half after we changed formation but it was far too late.

We need to avoid defeat in Dingwall and pick up another few points at home after the split, to make sure we finish 11th. I'd take that right now.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

Do you think the current board would do such a thing to oor archie?

Of course not, we will be made to suffer watching that for months to come. Any other supporters would never settle for this. We are almost as soft a touch as the players.

• Like 1

Utterly despondent after this. Didn't go cos of such high cost, esp for kids. Completely agree with all of monehs points.

I've not been over critical of the management team for the same reason as most of others on here. The team in recent games looked so disinterested then they turn in a fighting display against aberdeen them this guff. Seems from the outside looking in that the manager is doing or saying something that affects team moral/performance. Very confusing. I am now prepared to go down......just not sure about wanting to be in a play off. Been there done that and it took me years to recover from those bams utd doing us in extra time.

Mon tae fook jags

19 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Let’s hope we can make the playoffs but I’m not that optimistic 

the manager won’t get sacked not sure there is much to be gained now anyway

He won't i agree but give his record this season and even just since january it can easily be argued he deserves it. It the lack of fight/spirit/desire in some games that gets to me most. These players are, om paper, some of the best since the late 90's but something is very wrong. We might never find out what.

Rough with the smooth, could be a horrid few seasons coming up

I would give him the chance to beat Ross County, but if we lose or draw, I reluctantly agree with those calling for a change.  There is little to be gained by waiting until the end of the season, when a new manager appointed after the County game may turn things around during the split, and also have more time to change the squad before next season

What a shambles , what does Archie and his team do all week ? Did Archie not think Hearts would play with 2 up front or did he think Cargill and Devine were/ are good enough to cope .

Barton has got to start in a 3 for the rest of the season to give us a chance . We should have gambled on Pates till the end of the season , even to moan about the players round about him ,unbelievable decision !!, all the bullshit about best squad of players. Really?

We have the best pool of players we've had in 40 years, for sure.

Moneh's stats are damning however. The results since Dools scored v Motherwell on 6th April last year comprehensively point to something wrong other than injury lists (yes fair enough) and fixture lists (nonsense). Good players have been brought in late in the transfer window without any idea of how to integrate them into the system (Sammon and Storey). But today's meek capitulation on top of the recent ones v Dundee and Hamilton suggest that something in the spirit of the team that was there last season has been lost.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

The only way to reverse this abomination is to sack Archie this week, new man has two weeks to organise the team for Ross County. Finishing 11 and winning a play off is our only hope of surviving this season.

We are 11, so your strategy is on track.

• Haha 1

Chose not to spend the money today, having been to all home games and most away games this year. Hamilton away a few weeks ago was a low point and the draw with Aberdeen last week was only a temporary relief from the grind of this season.  For the first time this season, I'm now actually thinking relegation is a possibility-I've been naive and tried to pretend we'll be fine. Something is clearly wrong at the club and after today I really fear for the future.

1 hour ago, Harrybriscoe said:

Left at half time today. Quite happy if I never see Abdul Osman wearing a Thistle shirt again. Could easily have been down to 10 men before half time. He either doesn't give a toss and wanted to be sent off or is a total thicko. I'm going with the former so he can sod off anytime soon.

Have to agree with this. Abdul has been poor since his return. I would play Andy  in Osman's place for the rest of the season after how well he played against Aberdeen.

34 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

We have the best pool of players we've had in 40 years, for sure.

Moneh's stats are damning however. The results since Dools scored v Motherwell on 6th April last year comprehensively point to something wrong other than injury lists (yes fair enough) and fixture lists (nonsense). Good players have been brought in late in the transfer window without any idea of how to integrate them into the system (Sammon and Storey). But today's meek capitulation on top of the recent ones v Dundee and Hamilton suggest that something in the spirit of the team that was there last season has been lost.

We’ve not remotely got the best squad of players we’ve had in the last 40 years or we wouldn’t be in the position we’re in just now , the league has got better with Hibs and Hearts back in it and we’ve failed in our recruitment to keep up . The decline in our team in our team started almost a year ago after the split when we failed to win any of our games and also failed to blood any youngsters to see if they could be developed into SPFL players.           The fans would have accepted trying out a few of the youngsters as these were nothing games anyway with no threat of relegation. In terms of recruitment has Liam Lindsey been adequately replaced ? , is the future loan signings Conor Salmon or Bailey Cargill ?  It was incredibly naive of Archibald not to recruit in January or think that the injured players would be up to speed straight away . I would take a play off place just now to even give us a chance of staying up .

The only thing that i can think thats going on behind the scenes is that perhaps because Archie has worked with this group of players for so long and this being his first management role he is finding it too hard to cut the players who aren't performing.. Tho in the past we have pulled it out of the bag in the second half of the season so he obviously has the skills to turn a dressing room around.. Maybe familiarity is breeding complacency or maybe one of the new additions is throwing the players off.. but something is defo happening behind closed doors..

Have to add after the split last season it really showed that the team didnt give a crap and werent prepared to put the effort in to win games.. maybe that attitude since the split last year has prevailed.

Edited by dougie247

17 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

We’ve not remotely got the best squad of players we’ve had in the last 40 years or we wouldn’t be in the position we’re in just now , the league has got better with Hibs and Hearts back in it and we’ve failed in our recruitment to keep up . The decline in our team in our team started almost a year ago after the split when we failed to win any of our games and also failed to blood any youngsters to see if they could be developed into SPFL players.           The fans would have accepted trying out a few of the youngsters as these were nothing games anyway with no threat of relegation. In terms of recruitment has Liam Lindsey been adequately replaced ? , is the future loan signings Conor Salmon or Bailey Cargill ?  It was incredibly naive of Archibald not to recruit in January or think that the injured players would be up to speed straight away . I would take a play off place just now to even give us a chance of staying up 

Agree with all of this except the first sentence.

Trust me, this season's squad is by an order of magnitude the best we've had since Bertie Auld was manager. Which is why relegation or a play-off place this season would be a failure.

On a related subject, when was the last time we won a league game without Adam Barton in the side?

5 hours ago, eljaggo said:

I would give him the chance to beat Ross County, but if we lose or draw, I reluctantly agree with those calling for a change.  There is little to be gained by waiting until the end of the season, when a new manager appointed after the County game may turn things around during the split, and also have more time to change the squad before next season

If we lost to county it would be unfair to expect a new manager come in  and turn it around. If we are thinking of sacking Archie imo  it would need to be done within the next 48 hours to allow a new manager to work with the team.I don't see Archie being sacked though.

37 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

We’ve not remotely got the best squad of players we’ve had in the last 40 years or we wouldn’t be in the position we’re in just now , the league has got better with Hibs and Hearts back in it and we’ve failed in our recruitment to keep up . The decline in our team in our team started almost a year ago after the split when we failed to win any of our games and also failed to blood any youngsters to see if they could be developed into SPFL players.           The fans would have accepted trying out a few of the youngsters as these were nothing games anyway with no threat of relegation. In terms of recruitment has Liam Lindsey been adequately replaced ? , is the future loan signings Conor Salmon or Bailey Cargill ?  It was incredibly naive of Archibald not to recruit in January or think that the injured players would be up to speed straight away . I would take a play off place just now to even give us a chance of staying up .

37 minutes ago, dougie247 said:

The only thing that i can think thats going on behind the scenes is that perhaps because Archie has worked with this group of players for so long and this being his first management role he is finding it too hard to cut the players who aren't performing.. Tho in the past we have pulled it out of the bag in the second half of the season so he obviously has the skills to turn a dressing room around.. Maybe familiarity is breeding complacency or maybe one of the new additions is throwing the players off.. but something is defo happening behind closed doors..

Have to add after the split last season it really showed that the team didnt give a crap and werent prepared to put the effort in to win games.. maybe that attitude since the split last year has prevailed.

We may be seeing the end of not the Archibald era but that of Maxwell, who seems to be in charge of the purse-strings and pretty well everything else - provided he leaves, of course. It may come out later that the delays in signing new players during every window, the retention of older players and the reluctance to blood younger players are all due to influences that Archie cannot influence.

4 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

We may be seeing the end of not the Archibald era but that of Maxwell, who seems to be in charge of the purse-strings and pretty well everything else - provided he leaves, of course. It may come out later that the delays in signing new players during every window, the retention of older players and the reluctance to blood younger players are all due to influences that Archie cannot influence.

I am sorry but that is complete rubbish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fearchar said:

Really? We have had other excuses as well,like injuries and the fixture list.We are now 30 games into the fixture list we cant go on forever about or tough start,if we would have beat Dundee and taken at least a point at Hamilton we would be in a healthier position.We have also lost 25 points from a winning position.Since our injured players have returned we have played 8 games and picked up 3 points ,in December we played 8 games and picked up 9 points.Some fans on this forum just cant accept that someday Archibald may not be the Thistle manager.

• Like 1

The easiest prediction in Scottish football today was that Archie would start Osman and he would play sh1te. It's just astonishing how many times Archie repeats the same mistakes again and again. I consider myself an Archie fan but I doubt he has the managerial ability to get us out of this. The squad is stale and so are tactics. Relying on the injured players coming back in and performing, as many said., was totally naive, 

• Like 1

I remember back at the start of the season Ian Maxwell said that the board's patience with Archie wouldn't last forever. Yet, 7 months down the line, the gaffer is still here, and we are toying with relegation. No wonder Archie wants Maxy to stay; it would appear that it is his reticence is the only thing keeping Archie in a job. Miserable times at Firhill. 

• Like 2