Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
exiledjag

Montrose v The Champions

Recommended Posts

Just now, theestle said:

Completely embarrassed by that.

Exactly.

Not just that, but after getting the taste for blood back just when needed, we decide it's time to go soft again. That's a terrible way to end a season - losing to part-timers by being disorganised and wasteful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

So it would seem, in a sense. Despite how they voted against us would still find it funnier than I should if they ended up being promoted alongside us after all this

Let’s not pretend. Falkirk voted in self interest, it just happened to be our side. Our self interest is for Montrose to be promoted.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrimeWriterJag said:

Is P&B down? Just wanted to see how the Falkirk forum was going...

Just crashed. They were going into meltdown !!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously things probably would have turned out differently, and we would obviously have approached this game differently- but if that last minute Airdrie strike had gone in and all else remained the same,  they would have pipped us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Duke Gekantawa said:

Obviously things probably would have turned out differently, and we would obviously have approached this game differently- but if that last minute Airdrie strike had gone in and all else remained the same,  they would have pipped us

Fine lines and all that jazz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

Exactly.

Not just that, but after getting the taste for blood back just when needed, we decide it's time to go soft again. That's a terrible way to end a season - losing to part-timers by being disorganised and wasteful.

Calm doon. 

Montrose had *everything* to play for, whereas we came into the game on the back of a well-deserved four-day bender.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 teams on 38pts in the league below and one of them is Stranraer.

Be good if they went up too, after last year. They've maybe hit form at the right time as well.

As for tonight, never nice to lose but I'm sure things would have been different if they needed to be.

Will watch the play-offs with some interest but am glad we're not in them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dark Passenger said:

Calm doon. 

Montrose had *everything* to play for, whereas we came into the game on the back of a well-deserved four-day bender.

It sets the tone for the start of next season. Not to mention celebrating tomorrow just after losing to a part-time side. You don't need a degree in psychology to see the effect of that. I honestly hope that some very harsh words are said by the managers after this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

I honestly hope that some very harsh words are said by the managers after this game.

:lol:

I think you'd be disappointed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

It sets the tone for the start of next season. Not to mention celebrating tomorrow just after losing to a part-time side. You don't need a degree in psychology to see the effect of that. I honestly hope that some very harsh words are said by the managers after this game.

Seriously? We’ve just won the league in a run of 11?  unbeaten amassing 25? points to achieve our target of promotion. Job done.

Throw in multiple key players unfit and a desire to try out some young lads and a forced change of position for some players..... The manager might be underwhelmed by a couple but he won’t be dishing out hard words. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems Wright had a poor game going by comments about first two goals (couldn't get stream to work) so bet that wasn't on McCall's agenda! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Seriously? We’ve just won the league in a run of 11?  unbeaten amassing 25? points to achieve our target of promotion. Job done.

Throw in multiple key players unfit and a desire to try out some young lads and a forced change of position for some players..... The manager might be underwhelmed by a couple but he won’t be dishing out hard words. 

Exactly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Obviously things probably would have turned out differently, and we would obviously have approached this game differently- but if that last minute Airdrie strike had gone in and all else remained the same,  they would have pipped us

Take out the head to heads and they beat us by 7 clear points. One point against us all season could have won them the league 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, allyo said:

Take out the head to heads and they beat us by 7 clear points. One point against us all season could have won them the league 

But they didn’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 9:14 PM, Dick Dastardly said:

I’m sure that Docherty wouldn’t have been with us this year if he’d had any way out of his pre-contract

No he had the option but was still keen to join us and work with McCall which he deserves plaudits for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But they didn’t 

They have to be favourites for the playoffs given their form

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have said Airdrie are the form team in the play offs, think they will play Morton in the final, with Airdrie winning. I seen on the Falkirk forum on p & b that Falkirk won 6 and drew 2 in their first 8 games, what a collapse they have had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You often hear people making wild claims about things rotten at the core of clubs etc after a few bad results. 

But the way that Falkirk dropped their managers, to be replaced by Gary Holt, (who sounded constantly angry on the radio, even before games started), and the way they have colapsed; it looks really bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight’s game was fairly inconsequential.  
 

But it showed that our reserve strength is weak, especially at the back.  There was little protection for the back 4 and we lost too many 50:50’s.

Murray’s miss was shocking, Penrice had a ‘mare and Senna was surprisingly outmuscled. Lyons has done nothing all season.

But wee Joe was terrific and Lyon looks a real prospect, running at pace, side stepping and passing well.

This game will be forgotten when we kick off next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perspective. It's not the end of the world against a side we've defeated twice already this season & 5-0 at home last month. We 100% need a few new faces in if hoping to mount a challenge next season & personally would be happy if we make the promotion play-offs next season & lay the foundations of a promotion side as Mccall already has done 2007-2011, then build on that to go for promotion to the Premiership the following season. So for me it's about keeping the nucleus of our strongest XI and taking it from there - can't be much worse than 2019-20 anyway so let's see how much better than that we can do...obviously we're still waiting to see who our main rivals are but reckon top 4 would be a decent result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×