January Transfer Window

javeajag

15 minutes ago, laukat said:

The following rumours seem to be doing the round, no idea how likely they are:

Jukubiak on loan as part of the Rudden move

Kyle McAllister from St Mirren - This looks like its dependant on St Mirren getting Jordon Jones from Wigan as part of Wigan buying McGrath from St Mirren

Lee Erwin from St Mirren

McAllister could well fit the bill as the winger we need so of all of those he's the one I would like to get over the line.

Could be an interesting day ahead

Also McDaid AND Jukubuac from Dundee. Grim stuff.

5 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Nor me. If the rumours are correct, we are getting Dundee's dregs. Edwin has done little since his Motherwell days. McAllister might be decent.

Why isn’t McCall looking at players in the Lowland League or the Juniors? The next Doolan or Erskine…..

Jukubiak's shoulder injury was due to him bring involved in an altercation in a nightclub!

As a sportsman and athlete that's not good to have on your CV whether or not he was an innocent party in whatever fracas took place.

It would be interesting to know if Dundee initiated this move or we did. If the former we could politely reject the player and hold out for a cash deal. I had a quick look at his goal scoring record and it's domething like a goal every 6 games. Hardly prolific.

I wouldn't mind the 2 St Mirren players. There was a time when Erwin did score goals and perhaps we could help him find that form again.

We will see what happens.

I think Jakubiak could be decent. In the last few seasons he played at a higher level than the championship and his one spell in the Championship with Falkirk for half a season he scored 7 in 18.

St Mirren fans were dissapointed to lose him to Dundee and at 25 he's still young and fit enough to kick on.

18 minutes ago, laukat said:

I think Jakubiak could be decent. In the last few seasons he played at a higher level than the championship and his one spell in the Championship with Falkirk for half a season he scored 7 in 18.

St Mirren fans were dissapointed to lose him to Dundee and at 25 he's still young and fit enough to kick on.

Only thing is re has been reportedly injured most of the season.  If he’s injured then concerned that he might not even play for us?

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Only thing is re has been reportedly injured most of the season.  If he’s injured then concerned that he might not even play for us?

Came on as a sub for Dundee v St Johnstone. So he's fit just no but given his record over the last 2 years there has to be a concern about if he can stay fit

For me, this window seems an absolute f--k up. Sitting in 5th, the ambition should have been to bring in players that could allow us to compete for the title (we are still only a few points off the pace). Instead, we are looking at guys who were so dreadful for their own clubs, that those clubs are coming to us to sign players. 

Obviously finances are a concern with COVID and so on. But if there was ever a scramble of Archibald proportions to bring in players on deadline day, this is it.

1 minute ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

For me, this window seems an absolute f--k up. Sitting in 5th, the ambition should have been to bring in players that could allow us to compete for the title (we are still only a few points off the pace). Instead, we are looking at guys who were so dreadful for their own clubs, that those clubs are coming to us to sign players. 

Obviously finances are a concern with COVID and so on. But if there was ever a scramble of Archibald proportions to bring in players on deadline day, this is it.

McCall has history of shambolic January dealings. Seem we are scrambling to sign anyone who walks past Firhill. 

9 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

McCall has history of shambolic January dealings. Seem we are scrambling to sign anyone who walks past Firhill. 

His first January window saw him sign Brownlie, Rudden and Graham (and Docherty on a PCA). He struggled to bed them in, in the short term, but hardly shambolic January dealings.

Last season's January window equivalent (last season was a bit different) saw Tiffoney and Bell arrive, who were crucial in our championship win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

His first January window saw him sign Brownlie, Rudden and Graham (and Docherty on a PCA). He struggled to bed them in, in the short term, but hardly shambolic January dealings.

Last season's January window equivalent (last season was a bit different) saw Tiffoney and Bell arrive, who were crucial in our championship win.

He also signed McKinnon, O'Connor and Barjonas who were all dreadful and we landed bottom!

5 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

He also signed McKinnon, O'Connor and Barjonas who were all dreadful and we landed bottom!

So a relatively normal window with a 50% hit rate - the main signings being good, the loan signings less so. However, the core of a very good side was assembled with Brownlie, Rudden,  Graham and Docherty. Even including the players you mention, I really don't think this shows shambolic January dealings.

As an aside, I still don't think we'd have finished bottom if the season had played to the end. Of course, we will now never know.

Edited by Duke Gekantawa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, laukat said:

I would agree with this, he seems to have hardly played and if he is now back fit he may turn out to be a good signing, if you look up Tiffoney's stats before coming to us they were not that impressive either.

image.png.56a71f96649bd79f3e85306c47339155.png

26 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

So a relatively normal window with a 50% hit rate - the main signings being good, the loan signings less so. However, the core of a very good side was assembled with Brownlie, Rudden,  Graham and Docherty. Even including the players you mention, I really don't think this shows shambolic January dealings.

As an aside, I still don't think we'd have finished bottom if the season had played to the end. Of course, we will now never know.

We should never have bottom in the first place!