January Transfer Window

javeajag

8 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Yes. Very disappointed with the recruitment so far. This is not my usual go at McCall, but he hasn't performed great here. Unless....we are utterly rooked and he has been told to grab whatever he can that might fit a Thistle Jersey.

I actually think the club might be totally rooked given some of the rumours going about not having any money to spend on the main stand etc

22 minutes ago, elevenone said:

No matter how bummed we are with transfer window at least we did not do this.  A PR disaster for them too if you see their chief sponsor Val Mcdermid’s post regards the matter.

Indeed. I moan like hell about McCall, but my rage and disgust would be off the scale if we had signed Goodwillie. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elevenone said:

No matter how bummed we are with transfer window at least we did not do this.  A PR disaster for them too if you see their chief sponsor Val Mcdermid’s post regards the matter.

Val McDermid ends Raith Rovers support over David Goodwillie deal - BBC News

Just reading one of her books too....    No messing about from her today...   wonder if she can adopt the Jags....

Edited by JAG1970

25 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Val McDermid ends Raith Rovers support over David Goodwillie deal - BBC News

Just reading one of her books too....    No messing about from her today...   wonder if she can adopt the Jags....

The captain of their woman's team with 10 years at club and liaison officer have also called it a day at Raith.

Regarding the Rudden transfer, if we aren’t getting a transfer/loan fee and the valuation between the clubs was way off, why didn’t we just tell Dundee to beat it, we keep Rudden til the summer then they can have him. Why did we just swap players to give Dundee a better chance of staying up and us less chance of making top 4, especially after all the vote nonsense? McCall has said himself he hasn’t seen Jakubiak play for Dundee so why is taking him and giving them one of our better players? Am I missing something here?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Regarding the Rudden transfer, if we aren’t getting a transfer/loan fee and the valuation between the clubs was way off, why didn’t we just tell Dundee to beat it, we keep Rudden til the summer then they can have him. Why did we just swap players to give Dundee a better chance of staying up and us less chance of making top 4, especially after all the vote nonsense? McCall has said himself he hasn’t seen Jakubiak play for Dundee so why is taking him and giving them one of our better players? Am I missing something here?

Basically Rudden said he wanted to move now

10 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

100% correct , if no fee could have been agreed then Zak should have stayed to help us get promotion. 
Dundee have got the best of both worlds , didn’t want to pay the fee but have still got the player in a convoluted loan deal .

We should have stuck to our guns similar to the John Soutar scenario at Hearts .

After the way Dundee shafted us in the “ missing vote “ why on earth would you do them any favours at all .

Completely agree with many of the statements. Regardless of whether he moved  now or in the summer, we were still due compensation. 

Just goes to show what a tinpot small-fry club we are at times. "What's that Dundee, want to low ball us with a Liam Lindsay like offer? I think not. Why don't you have him for free on loan, and you give us one of your diddies! Haha! Gotcha!" 

15 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Tough luck , he was under contract to PTFC till the end of the season.

Zak Rudden isn’t bigger than our Club

If Rudden didn’t want to play he would have been a liability. We will still get compensation settled by a tribunal. He was under 23 and had been offered a contact, so the training fee is mandatory.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Tough luck , he was under contract to PTFC till the end of the season.

Zak Rudden isn’t bigger than our Club

No he isn't, but as I said before I'd rather have a player with something to prove than one going thru the motions. The comeback to that I suppose is a reference to Chris Erskine but I consider him exceptionally loyal to the Jags cause. Also Rudden looks to me to be a player particularly dependent on confidence. Unless he got off to a flyer he may have found it difficult to get the fans behind him. 

Gotta say I'd have preferred it if Jakubiak wasn't contracted to Dundee next season. On balance tho' I think we've made the right move tho' it's annoying that of all clubs Dundee appear to have got off lightly moneywise.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Completely agree with many of the statements. Regardless of whether he moved  now or in the summer, we were still due compensation. 

Just goes to show what a tinpot small-fry club we are at times. "What's that Dundee, want to low ball us with a Liam Lindsay like offer? I think not. Why don't you have him for free on loan, and you give us one of your diddies! Haha! Gotcha!" 

Correct , McCall played the transfer game , lots of clubs interested etc , not any suitable bids yet and then we let Zak go in a loan deal to a team he’s already signed a pre contact for !

You couldn’t make it up

Ian McCall and PTFC have a lot to answer for, if we had recruited properly and after watching the other teams we had a great chance of promotion, possibly only Kilmarnock after signing Kyle Lafferty had a better chance .

I’m not sure about our chances now .

17 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

No he isn't, but as I said before I'd rather have a player with something to prove than one going thru the motions. The comeback to that I suppose is a reference to Chris Erskine but I consider him exceptionally loyal to the Jags cause. Also Rudden looks to me to be a player particularly dependent on confidence. Unless he got off to a flyer he may have found it difficult to get the fans behind him. 

Gotta say I'd have preferred it if Jakubiak wasn't contracted to Dundee next season. On balance tho' I think we've made the right move tho' it's annoying that of all clubs Dundee appear to have got off lightly moneywise.

Not sure that would have happened, we’re doubting Zak’s professionalism and I’m sure guys like Ross Docherty and Brian Graham would have had a say on that on and off the park .

I agree with all of the statements on this thread about Rudden.  We could, perhaps should, have told Dundee that if they are not prepared to meet our valuation then we will keep Rudden until his contract expires in June.

Rudden wouldn't have liked that but that's just tough. If subsequently he didn't show the level of commitment expected and which he has shown in the past,  then I would have him nowhere near the first team squad,  

However, and there is slways an however, I have been really impressed by the team spirit IMC has created at Firhill. It's obvious when we score a goal that the team congratulates everybody involved not just the player who provided the assist. This team spirit will see us through, and has seen us through, difficult moments on the field.

IMC has to take this into account in deciding whether or not to keep Rudden. A disgruntled employee can cause a lot of problems and be divisive. Perhaps to the point of eroding our team spirit!

Probably better to let him go.

My last however! Should Dundee be relegated and the Jags promoted I hope there is no road back to Firhill for Rudden. He has made his bed so now he lies in it!

26 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If Rudden didn’t want to play he would have been a liability. We will still get compensation settled by a tribunal. He was under 23 and had been offered a contact, so the training fee is mandatory.

He didn’t say he didn’t want to play but similar to Soutar at Hearts he would have preferred if the deal was done now .