January Transfer Window

javeajag

7 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Good, out of the rumours he was the one that I wanted. I think he could provide the width and balance we need.

If Jakubiak and Erwin sign then we have done ok. We could probably do with a keeper on loan but it wouldn't be a McCall transfer window if we didn't sign an old firm youngster or 2 and that could happen in February if needed.

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

McCall has history of shambolic January dealings. Seem we are scrambling to sign anyone who walks past Firhill. 

Kind of like every club does on transfer deadline day. We are hardly a footballing super power, so don't be surprised. Nb for the record lambie signed many many duffers. 

• Like 1

McAllister until end of season - looks a good signing.

My worry though is that our midfield options are starting to look very congested as per the Caldwell era Turner, Bannigan, Docherty, Tiffoney,  Smith and this month Crawford and Mc Allister. Quality of player though is much better.

Strikers Graham and McIver, assuming Rudden leaves and rumours are correct Jakubiak

13 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

My worry though is that our midfield options are starting to look very congested as per the Caldwell era Turner, Bannigan, Docherty, Tiffoney,  Smith and this month Crawford and Mc Allister. Quality of player though is much better.

McAllister will surely be played down the right flank. No congestion in that area.

21 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Strikers Graham and McIver, assuming Rudden leaves and rumours are correct Jakubiak

maybe a change of formation, 4231 possibly which would give more scope for attack minded players

4 minutes ago, AlgarveJag said:

Let's hope he doesn't encounter any congestion o the flank like Tiffoney before he attracted opposition defenders like burds around Frank McAveny (not my wurds) 

Gotta hope someone effective down the other flank will give Tiff a good bit more room.

Btw Jakubiak may be a risk but so would retaining Rudden. Better with someone with something to prove.

• Like 1