Aidan Fitzpatrick

Albert's Ghost

Seems he's coming back to us.  I think that's great.

My abiding recollection is a goal he scored at Firhill, V DU., at the north end.

Ball came over from the left, ran along the edge of the box, and Aidan just let it run and run, as the angle narrowed and the keeper closed down his angles.  I was going nuts - "hit it,just hit it".  Which Aidan duly did, hard and accurate, back across and into the far corner of the net.

At that point I realised that young fella knew a lot more about the game than I did.  Some talent there.  So let's have more!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Albert's Ghost said:

My abiding recollection is a goal he scored at Firhill, V DU., at the north end.

Ball came over from the left, ran along the edge of the box, and Aidan just let it run and run, as the angle narrowed and the keeper closed down his angles.  I was going nuts - "hit it,just hit it".  Which Aidan duly did, hard and accurate, back across and into the far corner of the net.

At that point I realised that young fella knew a lot more about the game than I did.  Some talent there.  So let's have more!

Good news. Is this confirmed?

I have an open mind about Fitzpatrick.

I didn't think he was physically ready for playing in England though I did think, notwithstanding the hype associated with him, that he had the potential to become a really good player. One of those situations where I felt he should have stayed with us for another year or two to mature and bulk up a bit. Perhaps though he didn't have the choice to stay longer with us.

I wouldn't draw too much from his QoS stint as I understand he had a run of injuries there. Can happen to any player. I think this has the potential to be a good signing.

11 hours ago, Albert's Ghost said:

This one !

Aidan Fitzpatrick scores v Dundee United 09.03.2019 - YouTube

From what i have heard he has/had a poor attitude away from football and so would hav e struggled at Norwich if thats the case.

Hopefully its a case of "had" and he gets himself back on track as he has bags of potential, hopefully he will kick on now and McCall can get the best out of him.

6 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I’m not convinced he is the player that left us. Certainly QotS supporters were not raving about him. He did have pace which we sadly lack, so providing he is not a top wage earner, probably worth a punt.

Really? Maybe have a check on QOS thread on pie and bovril as it’s the opposite to what you are saying-they were absolutely desperate to sign Fitzpatrick again and are absolutely gutted that he is away 

1 hour ago, jaggymct said:

From what i have heard he has/had a poor attitude away from football and so would hav e struggled at Norwich if thats the case.

Hopefully its a case of "had" and he gets himself back on track as he has bags of potential, hopefully he will kick on now and McCall can get the best out of him.

Not that I’m saying it’s the exact same scenario but before he joined McCall at Ayr United, there were fans saying Shankland had a poor attitude, was lazy, was not good enough etc

Would be delighted if Fitzpatrick signed for us

11 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Not that I’m saying it’s the exact same scenario but before he joined McCall at Ayr United, there were fans saying Shankland had a poor attitude, was lazy, was not good enough etc

Didn't some folk at PTFC say the same about Nisbet?

ETA, Though to be fair, I think that he now says the same thing when he looks back.

Edited by Jaggernaut

7 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I’m not convinced he is the player that left us. Certainly QotS supporters were not raving about him. He did have pace which we sadly lack, so providing he is not a top wage earner, probably worth a punt.

Not kicked his arse and we take him back , I hope NOT 

With Lawless and Fitzpatrick I see we might be returning to the "midget" tactics that have so often seen us overpowered by teams full of relative giants over the years........

Oh well, I suppose Lawrie, Gibson, and Park were all wee punters, and I'd love to see guys like those in the R&Y again. So let's hope for the best. 

7 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

With Lawless and Fitzpatrick I see we might be returning to the "midget" tactics that have so often seen us overpowered by teams full of relative giants over the years........

Oh well, I suppose Lawrie, Gibson, and Park were all wee punters, and I'd love to see guys like those in the R&Y again. So let's hope for the best. 

Dowds is a big fella, as of course Graham. 

10 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Fitzpatrick would be a great addition. We have lacked creativity going through the middle for years! 

I kinda thought he'd be played in a wider role (right side in a front three?). He was tho' played fairly central on Tuesday. Either way he does offer a more direct approach,  a quality we've lacked.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

5 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

So would I especially if he does a Shankland or a Nisbet and turns it around to fulfil his potential with us 

• Like 1