Thistle v Ayr, Saturday 17th December

thebiglemon

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I thought that either the SFA or the SPFL said that clubs could arrange earlier kick offs to avoid extra floodlight costs. 

Ah but .....

..... under their rules, a club must apply for the change of KO 2 years before the date of the game and must include a detailed valid reason for the change. It should then be sent via the Dundee FC e-mail system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Whether the game goes ahead or not, the scenario here is all too familiar: 

Big occasion, calls for  big Jags support (duly delivered), then humped at home with nary a whimper.

Remember yon decider against Ayr about 20 years ago (0-3)?

1-3

De Jaffo ran us ragged

Might have been Billy McDonald that scored for us?

8 minutes ago, thebiglemon said:

1-3

De Jaffo ran us ragged

Crowd of about 10,000?  One of the Ayr goals came from an absolute farce of a free kick from us when the 2 jags players were not sure if they had passed to each other at the free kick and the Ayr player just took the ball and went up and scored?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thebiglemon said:

1-3

De Jaffo ran us ragged

If my memory serves me correctly it was Gareth Evans who scored for us just before half time to make it 1-1 after we lost a bizarre goal through a botched quickly taken free kick. Second half though we just could not push on. Horrible end to a horrible season.

12 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Group of Ayr fans going to hospitality on Saturday phoned the club to ask if they would be using the USH for Saturday.  The club stated that the USH is already on 

So discussion on whether to turn on USH and associated issues is "much ado about nothing"!

Weather in the North East (of Scotland  not Glasgow) is very white. Lots snow, roads closed or passable with care, schools closed and very cold. Excellent for painting and decorating and other indoor DIY activities. Not so good for travelling to Mecca to see the Jags!

21 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

So discussion on whether to turn on USH and associated issues is "much ado about nothing"!

Weather in the North East (of Scotland  not Glasgow) is very white. Lots snow, roads closed or passable with care, schools closed and very cold. Excellent for painting and decorating and other indoor DIY activities. Not so good for travelling to Mecca to see the Jags!

To be fair, watching paint dry is usually more exciting and dynamic than our midfield

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Group of Ayr fans going to hospitality on Saturday phoned the club to ask if they would be using the USH for Saturday.  The club stated that the USH is already on 

As long as the USH wasn't switched on at full by a certain person last week then that's very good news.

5 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Pitch may be perfect but as you say still may be called off if pavements and roads are bad.  Personally I would switch off the USH and save a few bob coz if Fridays forecast is accurate then USH will not shift that and it will be shovel time.

On 12/14/2022 at 2:37 PM, elevenone said:

Pitch may be perfect but as you say still may be called off if pavements and roads are bad.  

If pavements and roads are not gritted properly by then my fatwa with the council will increase.  We'll have had this cold spell for almost a week.  It's not a surprise.

26 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

If pavements and roads are not gritted properly by then my fatwa with the council will increase.  We'll have had this cold spell for almost a week.  It's not a surprise.

I know the weather has been colder than the average, but it always seems to surprise councils that Scotland can get ice and snow in December. If the majority of trains weren't already not running because of the strikes, they would also have been off because of the weather. :santa_laugh:

Edited by Auld Jag