Morton Match - 7th January

Fawlty Towers

Since I started the last home match thread and we won 5-1 I am going to try my luck again!

Given the recent weather and forecast I imagine the pitch will be quite heavy but credit to the groundstaff as it has held up very well so far.

A big crowd would be great but again one of our home games coincides with rail strikes (check the fixture list in future Mr Lynch).

A repeat of our last game at Firhill against them would do nicely but I can see this been a lot tighter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sandy said:

I’m looking forward to coming back to Firhill tomorrow. First time since the change of Club regime. 

2-1 Jags

Good to have you back @sandy. Hope you enjoy your day and we continue our recent good run of results at Firhill. I will give you a wave from the balaclava end. :ph34r: :fan:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we focus on the game and not who loves or doesn't love Ian McCall.

The undeniable facts are he has performed much better than his two predecessors, Archibald and Caldwell. The Club from a football perspective is in a much better place.

To today's game. Imrie appears to be doing good things at Morton and to win we will need to be competitive from the first whistle. If we play to our best form we can win this game with a couple of goals to spare! However if we turn up with one of those lazy and tentative performances we will lose and have kissed goodbye to a play-off place.

That's it IMO.

• Like 1

Hopefully we learnt the lesson from the Queens game and don't start McKinnon and Turner in the same midfield. Need to match the work rate and physicality of Morton if we are going to win. 

Turner has been good playing just behind the striker so assuming Docherty and Bannigan are available and Tiffoney isn't fit enough to start then I think our strongest starting 11 at the moment is

Sneddon

McMillan-Muirhead-Holt-Milne

Docherty-Bannigan

Turner

Lawless-Graham-Fitzpatrick