AYR to the Throne or Spinning around in the AYR?

partickthedog

While nothing will be finally decided, this weekend may go a long way towards determining whether we are still in the title/automatic promotion race or whether the only game in town is promotion play off musical chairs, where there will not be enough seats for all the participants when the music stops.

All we can do is win our game and wait and see what happens elsewhere.

For me it has to be the same team as against Queens Park, whether or not Lee Hodson is fit. Aaron Muirhead and Darren Brownlie were sound in defence while Mr Indestructible was a revelation as a marauding left back. Who needs Andy Robertson and Kieran Tierney when we have both of them in one player?

On a personal note, I am hoping for a hat trick of successful thread starts.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Being a big Mannfred Mann fan in the 60s. It took a minute for the penny to drop.   The answer for our younger viewers ..5.4.3.2.1....................

Does not sound so promising for our last game away at Raith, unless we can start the chorus again!?

Off at a tangent, but I see that QP/Hamilton are 0-0 at half-time. Why is that game not live on the BBC Scotland channel?

20 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Does not sound so promising for our last game away at Raith, unless we can start the chorus again!?

Off at a tangent, but I see that QP/Hamilton are 0-0 at half-time. Why is that game not live on the BBC Scotland channel?

QP are still playing at Ochilview, Stenny are playing at home tomorrow so they have priority.

BBC look like they've scheduled all 20 of their games as well - 17 so far, QP vs Ayr next week,  Dundee vs Cove the following week and assume they'll pick one of the final day games for Friday 5th May - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006zrbv/episodes/guide

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, P-R said:

QP are still playing at Ochilview, Stenny are playing at home tomorrow so they have priority.

BBC look like they've scheduled all 20 of their games as well - 17 so far, QP vs Ayr next week,  Dundee vs Cove the following week and assume they'll pick one of the final day games for Friday 5th May - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006zrbv/episodes/guide

I thought they already announced Dundee v QP on the last Friday?

Looks like it is going to be a lovely day weather wise, let's hope it will be lovely football wise as well.

As we are putting Ayr fans in the Colin Weir we must be expecting a decent turrnout from them so hopefully we can get the same level of support as we had last Friday and it should be a cracking atmosphere.

A performance like the second half against Queens over the 90 minutes would be nice but if you offered me a scrappy 1-0 victory right now I would take it.

• Like 1