The State of Firhill

Jaggernaut

There's a certain irony that with the stadium in such poor condition a company has paid money to put their name to it. Any company putting their name to a stadium would, in the interest of not devaluing their product, ideally prefer the stadium to be in a pristine rather than a dilapidated condition. 

I'd suggest then that getting that sponsorship deal over the line has been a major achievement. It's natural to assume the Board being in transition may find it that bit harder to attract any sponsorships. Factor in the state of the stadium and those responsible for this deal have got to be congratulated.

1 hour ago, AirdrieJag said:

Believe me, we'd be delighted to have your help.   There's a load of work to do on an ongoing basis to keep the stadium functioning, and the volunteers are key to that.   The more of us there are, the broader the skillset is.  Let me know if you're able to devote any time and I'll link you in with the team.  

All power to you and the team, Airdrie Jag. Unsung heroes (who deserve some public recognition, on the website or matchday programme, for example, or even some kind of reward, like a hospitality package, if that doesn't already happen).

I really would volunteer if I lived in Scotland. But I don't, and so I can only give moral support from afar.

Edited by Jaggernaut

On 6/27/2023 at 11:58 PM, Jaggernaut said:

All power to you and the team, Airdrie Jag. Unsung heroes (who deserve some public recognition, on the website or matchday programme, for example, or even some kind of reward, like a hospitality package, if that doesn't already happen).

I really would volunteer if I lived in Scotland. But I don't, and so I can only give moral support from afar.

Here's what we've been doing this week.  A total sod of a job!!

20230626_124916.jpg

20230625_151234.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, AirdrieJag said:

Here's what we've been doing this week.  A total sod of a job!!

20230626_124916.jpg

20230625_151234.jpg

Hats off to those helping out. Looks magic. I'm stuck in Spain this week and next topping up the tan, then back to work.

*Hawd the bus. After inspection this isn't up tae scratch. Garscube Road End 2 will be all over the paint drips in the pic above.

Edited by The Legend Blows
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

Hats off to those helping out. Looks magic. I'm stuck in Spain this week and next topping up the tan, then back to work.

*Hawd the bus. After inspection this isn't up tae scratch. Garscube Road End 2 will be all over the paint drips in the pic above.

GRE will have spotted the masking tape on the risers and will know that, underneath the tape, the edging will be as straight as a Tory MP's expenses claims.😂😂

• Downvote 1