Dundee Utd Vs Partick Thistle - Viaplay Cup group B

elevenone

3 minutes ago, Grubber8468 said:

Williamson looks pretty good so far… certainly doesn’t look as if he will have the ‘I’m too good for this level’ attitude that we have seen over the years from old firm loanees!

His attitude and work rate so far have really impressed me. Big Williams at CB looks the opposite to me.. hope I’m wrong but looks like a lazy player.

Decent performance with the amount of youngsters we had to field.

Williamson looked good and after Williams made his error for the goal I thought him and Muirhead were solid. I would probably have Muirhead as MOTM.

Formation was interesting particular first half with Graham dropping deep to get the wingers in behind. The midfield of Bannigan, Williamson and Stanway were much more mobile and it allowed us to play a proper 4-3-3 with each of the middle 3 taking turns to support the attack.

Dundee United looked poor. Graham absolutely bullied their young centre-half.

13 minutes ago, laukat said:

Decent performance with the amount of youngsters we had to field.

Williamson looked good and after Williams made his error for the goal I thought him and Muirhead were solid. I would probably have Muirhead as MOTM.

Formation was interesting particular first half with Graham dropping deep to get the wingers in behind. The midfield of Bannigan, Williamson and Stanway were much more mobile and it allowed us to play a proper 4-3-3 with each of the middle 3 taking turns to support the attack.

Dundee United looked poor. Graham absolutely bullied their young centre-half.

Not sure we should condone bullying.

Good to see a solid win against a team who are bound to be up at the sharp end, probably after they change their manager 

40 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Thought Williams came onto a steady game in the 2nd half. 

Other than the mistake, I thought he played well. His positional play was pretty decent and he had a good sense of where the ball was landing when the Arabs punted it forward.  

Edited by CotterJag
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grubber8468 said:

#PTFCStatsWatch 👀

- Thistle defeat Dundee United in a cup match for the first time since 1975, when they also won 2-1 in a League Cup group game. That was actually the last year that the Jags reached the semi final stage of the competition. 🇧🇪 🏆

Under wee Bertie Auld when we dazzled them with our new red and yellow stripes. We won 6 out of 6 group games.

Edited by Garscube Road End 2