Queens Park at Wyre stadium at Firhill 26th August 2023

Auld Jag

Much much better today though the second half wasn’t so good.

things look better after that.

areas for improvement defending middle to back , far too easy to get through our midfield and if we backed off anymore someone would be in the canal.

I hope Aidan looks at lawless today : 3 assists , tracked back better and ran more despite being over 10 years older.

Special mention to Bannigan who was excellent 

Enjoyed that, both teams put on a decent game.

Great first half until we gave away a very poor goal. In saying that, I thought the defence were very solid with Muirhead and Neilson having good games. Milne much better 2nd half as well.

McInroy has the great ability of being in the box when it matters, think he’ll score plenty for us this year.

One concern is our central midfield area. Queen’s centre halves waltzed forward time and again in the second half pinning us back. Doolan needs to work on our press, it was non existent at times. Graham took his goal well and played ok but taking him off and replacing with Adeloye might have helped stretch the game. 

Lawless was my man of the match, he was outstanding. Fitzpatrick needs to take a look at the work rate and desire of Lawless if he wants a decent career. He was poor today, needs to realise he has to be at it for the whole game. 

All in all, a very good win against a decent Queen’s Park team. Plenty to work on but a far more positive performance.