Stevie Lawless

jaggy

The deft touch bringing the ball down from mid-air and the way he runs so close to defenders but they never know which way he is going to go. Delightful passes and crosses, not to mention the power and accuracy of his shooting (and he can take penalties as well).

I presume that the length of contract is designed to qualify him for a testimonial year.

26 minutes ago, AlgarveJag said:

Good business for both, I hope.

quite often misses out on MoTM, I think, as we take him and his consistency for granted. 

My feelings as well. It's often his contribution that helps another player get the accolade. And he is remarkably consistent for a predominately wide player. .

I also thought that first game Williams played at right back Lawless really helped him by always being available for a pass so he didn't get caught in possession and as a result his confidence has increased over last few games and he looks a much better player now having had to switch to left back.

I didn't think resigning Lawless was a good idea but I have eaten my hat on that one ages ago.

I thought some of the football we played after Doolan's appointment and especially in the play-off games was the best I had seen in years and Lawless was ar the centre of most of it.

He has turned out to be a great signing and its a brilliant piece of business getting him to agree to a two year extension.

I reckon most of us appreciate the Lawless/McMillan right side partnership. Could even be viewed as the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. Last season McMillan started every game. Not far behind him, Wee Stevie only missed out on only four starts. We didn't win any of those four games. Two were Scottish Cup ties (1-1 v Pars & 2-3 v sevco) but more significantly were the losses (2-4 at Ayr and 0-1 at home to Accies). Three of those games were poor performances and back up the partnership theory to some extent.

With Stevie now tied till 2026 we must do everything we can to re-sign Jack. Failing us gaining promotion that may not be possible but we have to value that partnership highly.

• Like 1