January Transfer Window

JAG1970

12 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Such as? 

Work on the stadium would take priority over another wide player who would be sitting on the bench while Fitz and Stevie start. We have enough backups for the rare occasions when one or other is not available. On field we need to shift an advanced midfielder and bring in a more defence minded one to get the balance right, but I don't see that happening and I think that the number of players is about right.

Edit to add - I assume that you did read this and appreciate the delicate financial position we are in. Wasting money on bringing in a player to sit on the bench is not a great idea. 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

23 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I wouldn't think there would be any further deals.

Thinking likewise tho' if we were bringing in anyone I reckon it would be a wide attacking midfielder as cover. I suppose a replacement for McDonald. Even at that I feel MacKenzie is quite capable of cover there so he'd possibly have to go out on loan.

8 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Work on the stadium would take priority over another wide player who would be sitting on the bench while Fitz and Stevie start. We have enough backups for the rare occasions when one or other is not available. On field we need to shift an advanced midfielder and bring in a more defence minded one to get the balance right, but I don't see that happening and I think that the number of players is about right.

Edit to add - I assume that you did read this and appreciate the delicate financial position we are in. Wasting money on bringing in a player to sit on the bench is not a great idea. 

Not a problem. It wasn't condescending enough to understand the first time around, so I'm glad you included an edit. 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

“Zak Rudden is a man in demand with a HOST of Championship sides keen. 

Courier Sport report that Raith Rovers and Dunfermline lead the chase but EVERY club bar Dundee United have shown an interest over a loan deal. 

He's still under contract until 2025 with the same report stating Dundee are not keen for the striker to join a rival Premiership team - ruling out Motherwell”

source Daily ranger 

Not sure what Rudden is going to do for us that Graham, Adeloye, or Diack can’t - or hasn’t given us glimpses of.

Get Diack tied down on a longer deal and prepare him to be our second choice striker.  Should be working to figure out who our third striker next year would be - not taking on more loan players this season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

What injury does Ngwenya have? Not seen him in the squad for ages, we’d be aswell as punting him back to Aberdeen.

It was a knee injury picked up in the 2-2 game at Hampden. He is just about ready to get back in the squad and is on loan for the season so is almost like a new signing and gives more defensive options. I thought he was doing okay prior to his injury, not going to start ahead of Milne or McMillan but a good option if either pick up an injury/suspension.

1 minute ago, Fawlty Towers said:

It was a knee injury picked up in the 2-2 game at Hampden. He is just about ready to get back in the squad and is on loan for the season so is almost like a new signing and gives more defensive options. I thought he was doing okay prior to his injury, not going to start ahead of Milne or McMillan but a good option if either pick up an injury/suspension.

cheers.

In the early part of the season McMillan was out for quite some time injured, and Milne was not playing at the high level he has thankfully now reached again, plus I think he might have had some injury absence as well as definitely a suspension after his red card at Morton.

At that time Ngwenya filled in pretty well on both sides (although naturally more comfortable on the left) and had a fair bit of pace on the recovery if caught upfield (inevitable in our style of play).  As said above, he would not now start ahead of Milne or McMillan, but would be a very solid option to have on the bench.

1 hour ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Ji Stevenson's been recalled from Clyde.  Would that indicate there's no further signing plans?

Think Lenziejag is guessing correctly. McCall is probably going to use whatever budget he has to bring in experienced players to help dig his team out of their current mess. I doubt Ji Stevenson's return will have any affect on whether we're doing anymore signing. Maybe he'll go back out on loan to another club.

57 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Think Lenziejag is guessing correctly. McCall is probably going to use whatever budget he has to bring in experienced players to help dig his team out of their current mess. I doubt Ji Stevenson's return will have any affect on whether we're doing anymore signing. Maybe he'll go back out on loan to another club.

He came on as a late sub against Dundee Utd in the league cup, so can only play for us or Clyde this season.

• Like 1