Glasgow Derby

elevenone

Very good result and Doolans is doing great.  But the keeper situation needs addresssd.  While he. Is apparently injured currently Sneddon should have been dropped weeks ago for Mitchell.  Sneddon is an average keeper who in 6 years has barely improved- he needs to stop getting his contract renewed.

If Mitchell is getting moved out the club in January then this is a mistake 

Made far tougher work of that than required.

Started very slowly (again) but worked our way in to it and deservedly took the lead. Shocking error from Sneddon let them back in it but we’d missed several half chances before that. 

Nicely taken goal by Fitzpatrick and a great header from Neilson who had an excellent game. I thought Muirhead was poor and the free kick for their second was rash from an experienced player.

We’ll have enough for a playoff spot but can’t see us troubling the top 2 which given our summer upheaval seems fair enough.

Graham and Lawless had good first half showings but were poor in the 2nd.

Thought Bannigan and Milne had decent games. 

Good win in the end! Fitz and lawless caused them lot of bother but Graham very quiet again. Would like to see young diack get a run as thought he was good v Airdrie and in his shirt spell v United. Brainless play by muirhead at the end ensured nervous last 5 mins but well clear in third. 

24 minutes ago, Grubber8468 said:

Good win in the end! Fitz and lawless caused them lot of bother but Graham very quiet again. Would like to see young diack get a run as thought he was good v Airdrie and in his shirt spell v United. Brainless play by muirhead at the end ensured nervous last 5 mins but well clear in third. 

Graham is the captain. He will not be dropped.

18 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Graham is the captain. He will not be dropped.

Aero is the vice captain and will not get dropped,

Banigan is one of the senior pros, and will not hit dropped.

Doolan needs to make some tough decisions,  to improve the team.

1 minute ago, erty13 said:

Aero is the vice captain and will not get dropped,

Banigan is one of the senior pros, and will not hit dropped.

Doolan needs to make some tough decisions,  to improve the team.

Milne, muirhead, neilson  , McMillan, lawless , Fitzpatrick, Graham will start every game unless injured or suspended which leaves three spots for bannigan, stanway, mcilroy and Alston …..no evidence so far this will change 

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Very good result and Doolans is doing great.  But the keeper situation needs addresssd.  While he. Is apparently injured currently Sneddon should have been dropped weeks ago for Mitchell.  Sneddon is an average keeper who in 6 years has barely improved- he needs to stop getting his contract renewed.

If Mitchell is getting moved out the club in January then this is a mistake 

Sneddon at fault for the first and didn’t look close to their second but I’ll let someone in the JLS chip in with their view. 

I don’t think there’s much between the keepers but agree that Jamie has failed to cement his place at the club, he’s too inconsistent. I’d certainly bring in Mitchell if and when he’s fit but needs addressing again at the end of the season.

Probably a more comfortable win than the score suggests but Queens were poor and we're still unconvincing. It could have been a different outcome if Neilson hadn't escaped with just a yellow card...he defended very well afterwards and headed a good goal.

Some decent performances - Milne was good and both Lawless & Fitzpatrick showed flashes of real skill...surprised that Stanway substituted but not surprised that McEnroy, Alston & Robinson were all anonymous in the attacking midfield role. Graham not currently looking worthy of a 3 year contract.

I have never been entirely convinced by Sneddon and we have lost a lot of soft goals recently. We need a better keeper -Mitchell or a new signing.

It's not that long ago that there were posts on here that Queens Park would become the third force in Glasgow. The people in charge have made a horrible mess - transferring their top scorer, thrown out the Cup, shambles of a ground redevelopment, and not even announcing if their new manager is a caretaker - no wonder their support is scunnered with less than 200 fans at a New Year Derby.

Edited by Winter of '63

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Milne, muirhead, neilson  , McMillan, lawless , Fitzpatrick, Graham will start every game unless injured or suspended which leaves three spots for bannigan, stanway, mcilroy and Alston …..no evidence so far this will change 

Due to the inconsistency of Mcinroy and Alston at no 10 I think Lyon deserves his chance. Looked decent in the precious few opportunities he got earlier in the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Yup, seems to be Bannigan and Stanway and one of the ghosts 2.0 😂

Having criticised Neilson for a sub-standard performance against Dundee United, it is only right that I praise him for an excellent showing today. Deserving of his man of the match award. As well as his goal, he was very unfortunate not to get an assist for the delicate chipped pass that put Graham through on the keeper. 

I like the way he steps forward when space opens up, and his diagonal balls were much more accurate than on Friday.

Adeloye put in a better shift than has been his norm of late. Got involved in the game and held the ball up in the corners towards the end.

McBeth's soliloquy was very brief. I do not think he even had time to ask "Is this a dagger which I see before me?"

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Due to the inconsistency of Mcinroy and Alston at no 10 I think Lyon deserves his chance. Looked decent in the precious few opportunities he got earlier in the season.

I concur. James Lyon also knows the way to goal, as he showed in the League Cup.

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

The more Neilson plays the more he looks he could do a job as our DMF, but only if we have someone else to replace him at CB. Deservedly MoTM and great to see him score (his first?) goal for us. 

If we could get Ashcroft in as CB then this would definitely be a possibility 

Plus points for me, 2 goals from corners and 3 points. Negative Sneddon conceding a terrible goal, only excuse could be he maybe thought he was about to come out his area when he dived down to try and gather the ball, even so terrible goal to lose and he did look a bit shaky after it as well. As already mentioned Adeloye held the ball up well in the dying minutes of the game. 3 Points and with the other results we are cementing our position in the top 4. Imo Queens Park did not look the worst team in the league.

Another big game on Saturday against Arbroath.

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

McBeth's soliloquy was very brief. I do not think he even had time to ask "Is this a dagger which I see before me?"

That’s because Birnam wood was advancing on Maryhill

Objective achieved although the performance lacked any semblance of fluency.

Well deserved MoM for Lewis Neilson, and that was even before he sealed it with his goal. He timed his last ditch tackle perfectly in the first half; the yellow card was an insult. Stevie Lawless needs to be careful though, his yellow for dissent was merited and that's not the first time he's been in a referee's ears in recent weeks.

BBG was not at his best today, likewise Aero. Howler from Jamie, but these things will happen once in a while.

Any chance Scott Robinson could stay fit enough for a few weeks to get a regular start? If so, that's an attacking option in the hole that is better than McInroy or Alston to these eyes.

Anyway, Happy New Year to all fellow Jags fans and onwards to Saturday!!

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1