Pars v. Partick - 6 April 2024

Have never started a match thread before I presume that victory will bring me kudos for doing so and defeat will pile derision and unbounded bile upon me. 
A chance for 4 wins in a row and revenge for the televised torture of a few weeks back?
Mind the weather and beware the possibilities of the Forth Crossing being impacted by high winds for all those attending.

PS I apologise for calling us “Partick” in the thread title but it kinda went with Pars !!

1 hour ago, JeanieD said:

Have never started a match thread before I presume that victory will bring me kudos for doing so and defeat will pile derision and unbounded bile upon me. 
A chance for 4 wins in a row and revenge for the televised torture of a few weeks back?
Mind the weather and beware the possibilities of the Forth Crossing being impacted by high winds for all those attending.

PS I apologise for calling us “Partick” in the thread title but it kinda went with Pars !!

Could we borrow your ship to cross the Forth? Might inspire us to our Forth win in a row. Apologies. Coat fetched.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

Wonder what the stats are for match thread debutants ?

not sure but pretty sure I have 100% win rate every time I start vs Ayr Utd match thread so was standing down until the play offs.

That said I could be talking bollocks.

As for this thread, a day early, a debutant starting it and getting called Partick.  @Dick Dastardly will be breaking out in hives 😂

As for match itself going for 1-0 to Storm Kathleen.

33 minutes ago, elevenone said:

not sure but pretty sure I have 100% win rate every time I start vs Ayr Utd match thread so was standing down until the play offs.

That said I could be talking bollocks.

As for this thread, a day early, a debutant starting it and getting called Partick.  @Dick Dastardly will be breaking out in hives 😂

As for match itself going for 1-0 to Storm Kathleen.

Don’t worry. I won’t be looking anywhere near this thread until 5 minutes before ko 

Drat !

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Just gone 7.15 and no words of wisdom from Dools on Jagzone...Extra training or what.................

Must have heard you…. Posted minutes after your post. Hopefully we’re faster out the traps tomorrow 

• Haha 1

I am presuming that it will be the same team as last week. The only debate would seem to be as to whether Stanway retains his place or McInroy comes back in. For all sorts of reasons my preference would be for Stanway. He was a little rusty in the early part of last week’s match, but came on to a good game after that, and I think that it would be beneficial to maintain that momentum. At least McInroy should be able to make a more positive impact off the bench than Alston managed. 

Muirhead came across well on the podcast, but is clearly carrying an injury, and one wonders how long that can continue. It would be helpful if O’Reilly and Williams could come back into the picture sooner rather than later.

12 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

I might have missed it but I haven’t heard Doolan giving any update on Adeloye’s injury over the last 3 weeks. Is he out for the rest of the season and played his last game for us?

Yes he’s out for rest of season. 
Back for us next season 

Edited by thornwoodjag

35 minutes ago, thornwoodjag said:

Yes he’s out for rest of season. 
Back for us next season 

Pity as his scoring rate off the bench was pretty good.
His loan period expires this season and his contract expires with Swindon at the same time. Only way he would be back at Firhill is if Doolan signs him up. 

9 hours ago, partickthedog said:

I am presuming that it will be the same team as last week. The only debate would seem to be as to whether Stanway retains his place or McInroy comes back in. For all sorts of reasons my preference would be for Stanway. He was a little rusty in the early part of last week’s match, but came on to a good game after that, and I think that it would be beneficial to maintain that momentum. At least McInroy should be able to make a more positive impact off the bench than Alston managed. 

Muirhead came across well on the podcast, but is clearly carrying an injury, and one wonders how long that can continue. It would be helpful if O’Reilly and Williams could come back into the picture sooner rather than later.

Agree with you about Stanway. He seems to be pretty consistent once he has his confidence. McInroy less so

I am not going to be at todays game which is a positive for the Jags. I have never seen us win at East End Park.

I recall the beating we got from Dunfermline in the televised game a few weeks ago and also that we were on the end of some really poor decisions. However I also recall the Fifers played really well and appear to have kept it going so an interesting game today.

A team playing well and winning versus a team playing below their best and winning.

I go for the latter  a one goal win for the Jags- probably 3-2.