Taking on the WringRaiths

14 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Does anyone here remember the last time we played at Starks Park on Grand National Day?

Scenario.-  Season 2004/05. Raith already relegated having previously accumulated only 13pts beat us 1-2, effectively relegating us as well.

One person on here (let's call the poster, me) on leaving the ground spots three unselected regular team members sauntering back into Starks having forsaken our match for the lure of Aintree. This poster who lived a relatively short journey from Kirkcaldy and still irate at the result (and no doubt the world in general) too promptly posted observations on the then current Jags forum. Didn't foresee that some web lurcher from the Daily Record would pick up on this. By Monday said paper would deem such an incident worthy of headlining import. 

Looking forward to tomorrow's game in full knowledge that whatever the result I won't be on anything like the downer I was on 19 year ago.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

I seem to remember Kevin Gaughan getting sent off at Starks for grabhing Novo by the throat when he tried to dive for a penalty or something? Don’t remember ever seeing a player more angry than Kevin that day.

Was there not a similar incident with Archie & Novo? 

46 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Don’t know if it was related to this but I recall that dirty little ****** kicking Ian Ross off the ball at Firhill. Of course the officials didn’t see it and he got away with it.

Anyway, hopefully we can do to Raith R what we’ve failed to do so far this season. 

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

That's the one I was referring to in my earlier post from  league game in August 2001. Archie marked him out the game and at one point he threw himself to the floor to try to get a foul, Archie leaned over him and I'm sure just politely told him to get up and he threw a punch and got sent off.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

I think I want Dunfermline to win today, will give us a better shot at 3rd. Also good to have Airdrie lose momentum. Although as long as we pick up the points, doesn’t really matter.

I was  thinking a draw would be the best result. Usually is in  these situations. 

17 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Does anyone here remember the last time we played at Starks Park on Grand National Day?

Scenario.-  Season 2004/05. Raith already relegated having previously accumulated only 13pts beat us 1-2, effectively relegating us as well.

One person on here (let's call the poster, me) on leaving the ground spots three unselected regular team members sauntering back into Starks having forsaken our match for the lure of Aintree. This poster who lived a relatively short journey from Kirkcaldy and still irate at the result (and no doubt the world in general) too promptly posted observations on the then current Jags forum. Didn't foresee that some web lurcher from the Daily Record would pick up on this. By Monday said paper would deem such an incident worthy of headlining import. 

Looking forward to tomorrow's game in full knowledge that whatever the result I won't be on anything like the downer I was on 19 year ago.

I was at that game, I think the bunnet went mental about them going off into town. 

Very strange pitch and the wind does not make it any easier. Raith look more confident in how to pass the ball, but we have put together some decent moves too. Unlucky with the one that hit the bar, but they have had some chances as well. Level about right.

Mitchell very sound. Difficult to comment on other players as the game so lacking in continuity. Stanway showing up well and Zander perhaps finding it hard to work his way into the game, which is fully understandable.