Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 Vs The Vile Diamond ♦️♦️

jagfox

First half was fairly even but we had huge gaps between midfield and attack. Neilson was slow and Stanway looked like he was towing a caravan.

Much better second half with the team looking far sharper. Fitzpatrick is frustrating as hell but nobody else in our team could have scored his goal, great composure at full speed.

McBeth is proving to be a brilliant signing since moving back to defence and he’s bringing the best out of Muirhead. 

Robinson is so important to the way we play, works tirelessly and is a great foil for Graham. As for Graham, should have had a couple in the first half but took his goals brilliantly, he really is a tremendous striker at this level. 

Bannigan looked good when he came on although he did have a lot of space to play in. I’d be tempted to have him in with Neilson over Stanway. 

Final mention has to be for Harry Milne, he was incredible today. Must be one of his best performances for us, an outstanding full back. 

Doolan has certainly fixed that defence. Only 2 goals conceded in 6 games (only one from open play), and he’s certainly signed a player in McBeth. Great to see OReilly back today to give us more defensive options too. Milne deserved his MoTM but great to see us throw bodies on the line to keep a clean sheet.

Add to that we destroyed them up front and nice to see Diack get a goal too. All round a great day with the playoffs now secured. Airdrie won’t be looking forward to seeing us again 

• Like 2

First half was a quite lively 0-0 with not much between the sides. Just when I was thinking Fitzpatrick was having an awful game he ran on to McInroy's excellent pass for a very composed finish. It changed the game and there was just a hint of our form from the play-offs last season as we overwhelmed Airdrie. They seemed to overplay out of defence and we stole possession in good areas several times. 

Milne has a superb game and McBeth is a real find as a central defender...good performances all round with a special mention for Mitchell - good handling in contrast to the Airdrie keeper's failing to hold the shot for Graham's first goal. 

Just hope we can repeat this in the play-off game.

Imo it was a game of two halves with Airdrie the better team in the first and but for a very good save by Mitchell and a few other not bad saves we could have been a goal behind. But the second half only one team in it, with Thistle providing a superb performance. We took our goals really well. McBeth once again was impressive.

Great day out in hospitality so well oiled back home.  Echo others above,  first half fairly evens but 2nd half took em apart.  Love Mcbeth and looking much more solid.  If possible would see no harm in Dowds returning for play offs.

Will usually moan at em but thought ref ok today as well.

Thought we were the better team in the 1st half missing a number of chances, although I was glad that half time whistle came as Airdrie had 3 or 4 chances in the last 10 minutes of the half. Superb 2nd half performance all round.

My prediction of both sides cancelling each other out was spot on. Well, at half time anyway. I couldn't have been more wrong thereafter. 😀

Liked the way we easily changed to three at the back to see the game out. I've been critical throughout the season of the poor way we've protected a lead. No complaints today. From 2-0 on we bossed the ball and when it was lost we didn't defend over deep.  Milne had a great game from start to finish and I also thought Young Ben played well. But overriding that was the way we played as a team with the subs fitting in effortlessly

Also that's now five games we've gone without losing a goal from open play. Changed days!

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Great day out in hospitality so well oiled back home.  Echo others above,  first half fairly evens but 2nd half took em apart.  Love Mcbeth and looking much more solid.  If possible would see no harm in Dowds returning for play offs.

Will usually moan at em but thought ref ok today as well.

Glad you enjoyed hospitality. Watching the snooker this morning John Virgo said 'a good ref is one you don't notice' and for me today's ref was like that, not often you can say that about the officials in our games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

An excellent victory today against what was the form team in the division. Good to see a large crowd and I even thought the ref had a good game. One for the archive guys but when did we last have a game with no bookings?

Think it was also against Airdrie. The away game very early in the season?