Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

If we believe what is written in the Record today its a done deal and if thats the case I am finished forever with Partick Thistle and Scottish football. I cant believe that my club can back this but Mr Beatties comments over the last few days makes it clear he and the club are happy to run with this . Its the end for Scottish football. Throw the diddy teams a few scraps , get the cheating, bigotted, debt free, tax doging scum back, into the SPHell in the quickest time possible. If this is true Scottish football has died today and a 100 year bond (from my grandad to my sons) with my family and Partick Thistle is broken forever. Thanks Mr Beattie.....One Thistle, dont make me laugh!!!

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23899716/

If true.....I totally agree!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to get a f'king grip. Are folk on here really going to turn their backs on Thistle because they hate Rangers more than they love their own club? If they're so offended about the immorality of what's being suggested, why have they been attending games for the past twenty years? This has been going on since the day the SPL was formed. I'll be happy to put up with Rangers in the First next season if it brings us more money, play-offs and a fairer voting system. Too many folk have been blinded by the prospect of seeing Rangers die to think sensibly any more. Personally, I don't give a fcuk about Rangers - they can die, thrive, move to Outer Mongolia for all I care - but I want to see Thistle survive for my grandchildren to see them and there seems a better chance of that if Scottish football finally wakes up and re-organises itself. Get a grip!

If true.....I totally agree!

Yeah, its still an if, Lenny. given the Records track record in exclusives in this abominable saga, but I dont think I can ever step inside Firhill again while Beattie is in charge unless he comes out and gives an apology to the fans and says that he will let the fans have their say in deciding. Its not clear in the report whether there is going to be a vote on it. If there is and we vote to agree, its Firhill no more for me and the family. If we vote against it, but they still get voted in I will be at Fihill for every game except against the clubs that voted for it. If we vote against it and they dont get in, its business as usual. If its just brought in by the authorities, with no vote involved I am finished completely with Scottish football. The game, in all divisions will be in meltdown if this is allowed to happen

Time to get a f'king grip. Are folk on here really going to turn their backs on Thistle because they hate Rangers more than they love their own club? If they're so offended about the immorality of what's being suggested, why have they been attending games for the past twenty years? This has been going on since the day the SPL was formed. I'll be happy to put up with Rangers in the First next season if it brings us more money, play-offs and a fairer voting system. Too many folk have been blinded by the prospect of seeing Rangers die to think sensibly any more. Personally, I don't give a fcuk about Rangers - they can die, thrive, move to Outer Mongolia for all I care - but I want to see Thistle survive for my grandchildren to see them and there seems a better chance of that if Scottish football finally wakes up and re-organises itself. Get a grip!

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it but dont advise other people to get a grip when they pay their hard earned money into one of the most corrupt football leagues in the world (and I include Italy in that!!) If you are happy to pay your money, good on ye, I am not...end of story!

Your opinion which I don't agree with, we will be seen to be condoning what newco have done for a pittance of cash which will probably be offset by loss of our own support, the rangers fans I know have said they will not attend away games as they believe ALL of Scottish football has cheated them and they want to punish every club

You get a grip.

This is not about hatred of Rangers. It's about Integrity , fairness and the game being played on a fair and level playing field. Was any of this suggested when Gretna had all their problems? no, get them in the 3rd and be done with them, no arguments, no debates, no problems. Gers do what they have done and its months of panic, debate, arguing. Now, it seems it's rule change to get them back in SPL as quick as possible and for us and the rest to make a quick buck in the process.

I long for change in Scottish football but only for the right reasons. This is being done not for the good of the scottish game but to help a cheating club. It's completely wrong.

Make no mistake about it, plenty of long serving jags fans will be lost if this goes ahead. As will long standing fans of other clubs. As opposed to helping scottish football, this could be the death of it!

You get a grip.

This is not about hatred of Rangers. It's about Integrity , fairness and the game being played on a fair and level playing field. Was any of this suggested when Gretna had all their problems? no, get them in the 3rd and be done with them, no arguments, no debates, no problems. Gers do what they have done and its months of panic, debate, arguing. Now, it seems it's rule change to get them back in SPL as quick as possible and for us and the rest to make a quick buck in the process.

I long for change in Scottish football but only for the right reasons. This is being done not for the good of the scottish game but to help a cheating club. It's completely wrong.

Make no mistake about it, plenty of long serving jags fans will be lost if this goes ahead. As will long standing fans of other clubs. As opposed to helping scottish football, this could be the death of it!

Spot on Lenny!

I bought my season ticket weeks ago. Very rarely post, but this latest 1st Divison 'compromise' being discussed for the brand new club that wants to play at Ibrox really concerns me. With us (and many other teams) in such a precarious financial situation including the loss of income from the Warriors, the last thing Beattie needs to do is to alienate our core support. Having potentially undermined our expected pre-season ticket sales, our own financial plan for the coming season could falter and we could very quickly become the cheap new take-over target for predator Green.

Regardless of potential leverage for restructuring of leagues and play-off places, Beattie should have kept his mouth shut on the subject but of course was encouraged by the Glasgow media who are cr*pping themselves over their own survival with the demise of one of the cash cow culture clubs, as no doubt are the Glasgow Hoteliers, the SPT subway operators, the NI ferry operators etc.

If we believe what is written in the Record today (facts are this rags has got all its exclusives in this saga spectacularly wrong) its a done deal and if thats the case I am finished forever with Partick Thistle and Scottish football. I cant believe that my club can back this but Mr Beatties comments over the last few days makes it clear he and the club are happy to run with this . Its the end for Scottish football. Throw the diddy teams a few scraps , get the cheating, bigotted, debt free, tax doging scum back, into the SPHell in the quickest time possible. If this is true Scottish football has died today and a 100 year bond (from my grandad to my sons) with my family and Partick Thistle is broken forever. Thanks Mr Beattie.....One Thistle, dont make me laugh!!!

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23899716/

As I have said earlier, Mr. Beattie must be impeached. We should take over the club, like Charlton Athletic supporters did. It is the time to react.

Again maybe a bit naive here is there a scenario where the SPL teams can vote to relegate newco done to the first divison without SFL clubs getting a vote? If there was a vote is it just Divison one clubs that can vote or would it be all 3 divisons?

If SPL refuse to transfer the share, club12 have to apply for a SFA licence and a place in the SFL, criteria states 3 years accounts amongst other things that's the reason Airdrie were refused entry to the 3rd and they took over Clydebank

What a load of sanctimonious drivel. 'Sporting integrity'. my arse. Where's the integrity in any sport where foreign investors can spend truly obscene amounts of money to buy whatever competition they want? Man. City/Chelsea anyone? Where's the integrity in Scottish football where sectarian divisions have been milked for financial profit for over a hundred years? (Worth emphasising - over one hundred years.) They're not called 'the old firm' for nothing. What's suddenly changed? Reminds me of the joke about the guy who goes up to the Jewish kid in his class and punches him. "What did you do that for?" says the Jewish kid. "'Cos the Jews killed Jesus," comes the reply. "But that was two thousand years ago," says the Jewish kid. "Aye," says his tormentor, "but I've just heard about it..."

Thistle are in Maryhill partly because of dodgy dealings with Rangers directors at the beginning of last century to remove a potential competitor away from the Govan area. 'Integrity' has never been something that professional football has been strong on. All of this desire to punish Rangers has nothing to do with upholding some mythical 'sporting integrity' and everything to do with an atavistic hatred of Rangers Football Club and the desire to see them suffer. Now while I'm right in there enjoying the schadenfreude with everyone else, it gets right on my tits to hear folk coming up with stupid plans to boycott Thistle games, hand back season tickets and have a go at a chairman who's only trying to do his best for the club.

My personal preference is for Rangers to stay in the SPL with a weakened team and get right royally humped every week, but that looks unlikely to happen. If they end up in the First, I'll still be at Firhill to support Thistle and I'd hope that other Thistle fans would be there with me.

My personal preference is for Rangers to stay in the SPL with a weakened team and get right royally humped every week, but that looks unlikely to happen. If they end up in the First, I'll still be at Firhill to support Thistle and I'd hope that other Thistle fans would be there with me.

In other words a wee slap on the wrist!! How will they get humped they'll still go out and spend big enough to get top 3 till they can get into Europe

Now while I'm right in there enjoying the schadenfreude with everyone else, it gets right on my tits to hear folk coming up with stupid plans to boycott Thistle games, hand back season tickets and have a go at a chairman who's only trying to do his best for the club.

Everybody seems to think that this is the perfect occasion to change the game for the better. By ripping up the rule-book to ensure that the defunct h u n s get back to the SPL within a season, for a quick few quid and the explicit admission that it's all the about the old firm, after all, is not what is best for the club. The club will lose many supporters that it cannot afford to lose. I will never buy another season ticket, breaking a tradition that goes back many years.

PTFC like other clubs, should do what the vast majority of their fans want them to do. People are outraged, and rightly so. Because the bullying and corruption have been going on for over 100 years doesn't mean that it has to continue. By accepting the defunct h u n s in our division, we would simply be continuing the bullying and the corruption.

In other words a wee slap on the wrist!! How will they get humped they'll still go out and spend big enough to get top 3 till they can get into Europe

Get over it. Rangers will continue to be one of the two biggest clubs in Scotland. Doesn't say much for our country, but there you go. All this shouting and bawling will do nothing to alter that fact. This is an opportunity to change the game for the better and folk would rather put the boot into Rangers than see that happen. It's short sighted and stupid.

Get over it. Rangers will continue to be one of the two biggest clubs in Scotland. Doesn't say much for our country, but there you go. All this shouting and bawling will do nothing to alter that fact. This is an opportunity to change the game for the better and folk would rather put the boot into Rangers than see that happen. It's short sighted and stupid.

So we just bend over and take what they offer, we have an opportunity to change the game AND punish them correctly, they are a new club and should be applying for entry at SFL3 as another club would have to, otherwise we're corrupt and what happens if they do get relegated? Change the set up to keep them there, how far do we go allow then to employ there own refs?

So we just bend over and take what they offer, we have an opportunity to change the game AND punish them correctly, they are a new club and should be applying for entry at SFL3 as another club would have to, otherwise we're corrupt and what happens if they do get relegated? Change the set up to keep them there, how far do we go allow then to employ there own refs?

Rangers are not going to SFL3. We can cry and whine about it all we like. it's not going to happen. I've got no problem with anyone pointing out how corrupt all this is: I draw the line at actions which will make Partick Thistle suffer. Most of the posters on this site seem to pride themselves on being cynics - you aren't, you're a bunch of romantics! It's the really cynical, harsh world of reality that David Beattie has to live in, so cut him a break. If it was up to me, Rangers AND Celtic would cease to exist, Sky would be banished from the world of football and Scottish youngsters would go back to being among the best footballing talent in the world. But then, I'd like world peace as well...

We can change the game and see them start at the bottom. Anything else involves us bending over for them.

Rangers are not going to SFL3. We can cry and whine about it all we like. it's not going to happen. I've got no problem with anyone pointing out how corrupt all this is: I draw the line at actions which will make Partick Thistle suffer. Most of the posters on this site seem to pride themselves on being cynics - you aren't, you're a bunch of romantics! It's the really cynical, harsh world of reality that David Beattie has to live in, so cut him a break. If it was up to me, Rangers AND Celtic would cease to exist, Sky would be banished from the world of football and Scottish youngsters would go back to being among the best footballing talent in the world. But then, I'd like world peace as well...

Yet you refuse to see that parachuting the defunct h u n s into our division will cause Partick Thistle to suffer! You are clearly in a small minority on this forum. Thistle might get your money, and some kind of blood money from the defunct h u n s visits to Firhill (though we can't even get 10,000 into the ground any more), but in the longer term they would lose out by accepting this form of corruption. Making way for the defunct h u n s in our division is the action that would cause PTFC to suffer.

Don't dare speak for me when you say this is nothing other than wanting to put the boot into Rangers. Your entitled to your opinion, but your not, nor ever will be MY voice.

I, like most fans, am 100% for having a fairer game but I fail too see why that means Sevco FC must start in the 1st division.

It is complete pandering to the worst set of fans in Scotland for a few pounds.

As I said before you are fully entitled to your opinion, but take on board out of everyone that has posted on the different threades on here, and the majority are long term jags fans with family history to go with it, you appear to be the only one backing the club. Should that not tell you something???

Edited by Lindau

Rangers are not going to SFL3. We can cry and whine about it all we like. it's not going to happen.

If that is the case then I will not go back to Firhill even if it results in the complete demise of the football club.

I will also pro-actively persuade other Thistle fans to consider doing the same.