Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

All very confusing. According to this http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18496571 Rangers get to vote on whether they should be allowed back into the SPL! Is this the case? I find it hard to believe that it would be, but there is little in this saga that hasn't surprised me.

:shok:

how can they? the are not in the spl or the sfl or the sfa so how can they have a vote? :thinking:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shok:

how can they? the are not in the spl or the sfl or the sfa so how can they have a vote? :thinking:

Nothing, absolutely nothing, should surprise you about Scottish football.

Actually i'm not too sure whether if they didn't get a vote it would make any difference. Maybe the requirement would then be 7 votes out of 11?

All very confusing. According to this http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18496571 Rangers get to vote on whether they should be allowed back into the SPL! Is this the case? I find it hard to believe that it would be, but there is little in this saga that hasn't surprised me.

I guess their argument would be that RFC (oldco) are in the process of liquidation but not quite gone yet (like the Cheshire Cat the nasty grin is still hanging in the air) so can vote on whether Green's newco can join. Never mind conflict on interest in this. However since old RFC hadn't submitted accounts as they were obliged to, and various other things I can't be bothered to check they still shouldn't have a vote.

Oh just a minute I'll check. Now isn't Green supposed to have bought Ibrox - and one of the rules for being a member is having your own ground - so since they don't they shouldn't have a vote. Since old RFC are now being liquidated, is their SFA membership valid? That's another thing that should stop them voting.

But above and beyong this, if RFC aren't fully liquidated yet and still have a vote that means there isn't a place for the newco to apply for. They can surely only apply and there be a vote when RFC are completely and officially gone, when there will only be 11 teams with a vote. [Edit to add: When did Greens Newco get SFA regsitration? I missed that and they surely can't be in any league without it].

So SPL administrators ignore their own rules - on a scale even they've never done before. Such a surprise. And for what? The TV deal isn't in danger (it may be negotiated down a bit but without a strong "Rangers" money will be spread more and will be made up) - and we know the OF supporters don't make that much difference to attendance. Because they can't get out of the mind set that they "need" RFC.

Edited by Mr Bunny

It doesn't make any difference whether they vote or not. Either way it will take 5 other clubs to vote them out (unless they were to vote no themselves !)

After all these years of getting ridiculed from the blue nose section of my family at every opertunity, the when you coming to watch a proper team, is it not boring never winning anything blah blah blah even as much as when the STJ was going on getting offered to get put on the waiting list for a season ticket at castle greyskull not to buy a t shirt for a tenner, I have always said every dog has its day and some day you's will wish you were a jags fan.

That day has come, my family's facebooks have now had theJags season ticket link added to the wall with a wee comment about coming to see a proper team with proper history, oh and that low price includes the VAT

The nonsense that them and my bluenose mates are still spouting about war chests and keeping the stars on the top etc etc you's need to lay off the mushrooms.

As a fan of "a wee diddy team" as I've always been told, I'm getting my dancin shoes polished and I'll be turnin a jig on your clubs grave along with the fans of 39 other "Diddy" clubs.

Now if only wee fergus had invested the other halves savings in Icelandic bank bonds…

OTIG

What about Airdrie United then?

As Norge Thistle says......The Rangers is TOO close to their old name and their old name does not represent the area they come from so the liquidators will (or should ) not allow it. Would imagine if they survive all this, they will have to use something like Govan Und or Southside Billyboys!!

Edited by Lindau

As Norge Thistle says......The Rangers is TOO close to their old name and their old name does not represent the area they come from so the liquidators will (or should ) not allow it. Would imagine if they survive all this, they will have to use something like Govan Und or Southside Billyboys!!

Or deciesed and forgotten in history gets my vote

Or deciesed and forgotten in history gets my vote

I like the anodyne sound of Sevco 5088 FC

shower of cnuts hope they disappear forever

Its a shame that we can't say RFC is the gift that keeps on giving.

Or that the dam is about to burst.

Or even that there is a nuclear button that is soon to be pressed.

What is the true reason why Walter did walking away today? Not as if he has an injunction against BBC stopping his name being used in connection with EBTs and fears its soon to be exposed he was recipient of a 7 figure sum through such a scheme. Ahem :innocent2:

Its not as if a huge fraud is about to be exposed which would erupt and which could see several former RFC executives go to jail, or any such fraud exists which will make EBT/Double Contract/HMRC issues look like a minor irritation, and go back even further, with falsified accounts and offshore bank accounts in different names (of not just recent RFC employees, but also non-RFC employees, including some names in the media). Ahem :innocent2:

Its not as if the SPL investigation into Dual Contracts has discovered through its investigations that there is much more to the Dual Contracts than they originally set out to look into or expected to discover. Ahem :innocent2:

It's not as if such revelations would ever occur, let alone come out, for if they did the SPL and SFA would be empowered to kick them out the game Tout de Suite, and for much longer than a year. Ahem :innocent2:

So, just whats going to happen next?

I really couldn't say :hypocrite:

And as a final bedtime thought, its not as if BDO on behalf of HMRC are now challenging the asset sale to Green, and that an instruction for a new valuation of Ibrox and Murray Park is to be undertaken.

Everything going to be just fine down Govan way. :happy2:

Sleep well.

Its not as if the SPL investigation into Dual Contracts has discovered through its investigations that there is much more to the Dual Contracts than they originally set out to look into or expected to discover. Ahem :innocent2:

It's not as if such revelations would ever occur, let alone come out, for if they did the SPL and SFA would be empowered to kick them out the game Tout de Suite, and for much longer than a year. Ahem :innocent2:

Heard this over two months ago, from a very much in the know, reliable source. The evidence is so damning that it could lead to permanent EXTERMINATION (must be said in a DALEK voice) of NEWCO. Seemingly there is loads more stuff to come and that plenty of ex Rankers people are gonna be looking at jail sentences.

and as if things couldnt get any better, this should make things a lot easier for the chairmen on the 4th!!!.............

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23898340/

though perhaps our manager should distance himself from any of this. Jackie the reason they won so many leagues and cups was because they had players that they couldnt afford....basically cheaters!!!!

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23898362/

Edited by Lindau