Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

Rangers NewCo's entry into the SFL1 must be blocked by any means. They have no right to enter the SFL1.

However, re-organisation of the SFL can be conceivable. The 3-division/30-club SFL might be changed to 2-division/32-team SFL.

In that case, the lower division would welcome Rangers NewCo and 2 new teams, such as Cove Rangers, Spartans, and Edinburgh City.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

standing by for a league restructuring before the 'vote' - top and first divisions - h*ns relegated to 1st division to keep sky money happy - teams under 1st division restructured into 2 regional leagues - it's coming and its dirty as fk

do you think Sky would want a TV deal for the first division? Although I think they should be pumped to the third if we got a TV deal out of it and got the h*ns filling Firhill twice and 2 visits to the hunnery it might not be that bad.

do you think Sky would want a TV deal for the first division? Although I think they should be pumped to the third if we got a TV deal out of it and got the h*ns filling Firhill twice and 2 visits to the hunnery it might not be that bad.

If Rangers aren't in the top league next year I'm pretty sure Sky will do a deal for whatever league they are in.

just heard on the news this afternoon that the sfa were going to merge spl & sfl - obviously preparing the ground for a total carve up - fekin disgraceful if that's what actually happens as sky have gone on the record as saying a year in sfl1 would be tolerable to keep the deal

they used to have 2 nuclear option folders in that drawer in sfa hq - folder 1 was for aberdeen getting relegated and folder 2 was for dundee utd getting relegated ... seems they've got a new folder for the h*ns disappearing into obscurity and it'll be sorted out quickly when all member clubs are shut for summer

the H*n basteds should be punted into obscurity

The O.P. asked "do you have any sympathy?". ... ... ... :thinking: ... ... ... NO!

The fundamental reason for the growth of my distain for both halves of the old firm has always been the snobbery and patronising attitude they have displayed for countless long years. My view on the whole sectarian thing is that they are welcome to it. If you want to attach your club to exclusive polices or practices I have no problem with that. But what really niggles me is the belief that in growing huge support for your club by being seen as the representatives of a particular religious or political grouping you have built great sporting institutions worthy of awe and respect.

I'm fully understanding that Glasgow has benefitted in many ways from having two hugely supported clubs. However, until very recently, this is all they were. For two clubs generating the wealth and interest they do to have only got round to investing in custom built training facilities after over a hundred years of practice, claiming they have "produced" great players when really the have mostly taken their pick of the best of the rest and not to have returned more to the communities that support them is a disgrace and embarrassment.

To question whether "scottish football" can survive without them is an insult. They are one of the many problems.

gotta head oot....I'll be back, unlike The Rangers Football Club Ltd. R.I.P. ..... One down, One to go. F.T.O.F!!!!!

The gers are dead, Long live the Jags! :fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

Many questions to be asked of the newco especially if if dropped into sfl. If this came to pass I'd expert at least a 25 point deduction as Dundee were given.

Also would any Thistle fans boycott games against them or indeed the whole league campaign? It's not a mess of our making bit will people make a stand?

Edited by jagfox

"Except newco"??? Erm... I don't think newco were around then.

I'm all for accusing them of stuff and so on, but jeezo....

??????????

you know who I mean....in my eyes they are called Newco from now on Rankers Football club are dead!!!

Many questions to be asked of the newco especially if if dropped into sfl. If this came to pass I'd expert at least a 25 point deduction as Dundee were given.

Also would any Thistle fans boycott games against them or indeed the whole league campaign? It's not a mess of our making bit will people make a stand?

I'd have thought demotion was punishment enough (as it would have been for Dundee).

Boycott games against them. No. Boycott the whole league campaign. Absolutely not.(and I can't really see what that would be intended to achieve. Different for SPL clubs if the new club gets voted in there.)

I have previously said that if Newco are voted back into the SPL I am finished with Scottish Football. I had not considered the possibility of Newco being admitted into SFL1. If this happens I will also walk away from Scottish Football. I don't want to be part of anything so blatantly wrong and corrupt.

There are enough precedents in Scottish Football as to what happens when a club goes into liquidation, so no debate is required. Any commentary on anything other than applying for the vacant place that becomes available in the entry level to the SPL is in the interest in one club only.

There is no room for compromise as it would cheat all of Scottish football bar 1. I think we have a fair chance of winning SFL1 this season and I am looking forward to it. If Newco are admitted to SFL1 it becomes a waste of a season at a time when we have our key players signed up until the end of the season. The following season could be a worse position where many of our best players leave. Having watched my team build over several year I am not having it chopped away because someone has messed up their own club.

I should also add that Mr Greene has bought Newco for £5.5m and whatever happens will eventually sell for substantially more than that at no outlay to him. His opinions and utterings are therefore for one purpose only - his own self gain.

They benefit no-one else.

No debate is required and no SFL1 compromise is required. Rangers are defunct, Newco have the right to apply for the vacant SFL position.

I was on the point of renewing my season ticket but now I think I will just hold off. I don't want to hurt my club but if there is reconstruction JUST to benefit one team and we thereby lose a good chance of promotion next season I just will not see the point of going. My heart will just not be in it, at the start of a season, for the first time in 40years.

I was on the point of renewing my season ticket but now I think I will just hold off. I don't want to hurt my club but if there is reconstruction JUST to benefit one team and we thereby lose a good chance of promotion next season I just will not see the point of going. My heart will just not be in it, at the start of a season, for the first time in 40years.

Get a grip ffs.

Why punish Thistle for something that is totally outwith their control ?

Do you only buy a season book or go to matches when you think we will win the league ?

Unbelievable

Get a grip ffs.

Why punish Thistle for something that is totally outwith their control ?

Do you only buy a season book or go to matches when you think we will win the league ?

Unbelievable

What a ridiculous, over the top, response!

The obvious answer to your 2nd question, for any long standing Jags fan, is NO but that is not it the point. Indeed, what is the point to competitive sport if it is neither competitive nor fair?

Should we find ourselves in that situation I am absolutely entitled to chose to walk away from it - and I am not alone, no matter how unbelievable you think it to be.

Edited by Dunfermline Jag

What a ridiculous, over the top, response!

The obvious answer to your 2nd question, for any long standing Jags fan, is NO but that is not it the point. Indeed, what is the point to competitive sport if it is neither competitive nor fair?

Should we find ourselves in that situation I am absolutely entitled to chose to walk away from it - and I am not alone, no matter how unbelievable you think it to be.

DJ firstly you never answered my 1st question but chose to answer my more tongue in cheek question.

Secondly, you are of course entitled to your decision regarding when and why you buy a season book. But to base it on whether or not rangers are in our league at this stage in my opinion is ridiculous and unbelievable.

I am sure you may well be not alone in your opinion there may well be a couple of others who will concur with your view.

First post ever but I have been a thistle fan since I saw Kenny McDowal score for Thistle against Airdrie in 1981 so I've seen my share of ups and downs.

I am however a football fan who believes in fair play and expects a level playing field

Whilst I hope my club will always be around (and we have seen some close shaves with save the Jags and the damage Ken Bates did!) if we were ever liquidated I expect either we start from scratch or we go into oblivion. Anything else betrays the sport I love.

Rangers died last week. Everything else being played out in the media does not get away from this.

New rangers have never played a game, not signed a player or hired a manager. How can a club with none of this go into the top teir of Scottish football without the foundations on which a sport is played being damaged beyond repair?

If this happens I will not attend any more football games in scotland (bar international matches). Also I have children who I will not be bringing to any games. If I want to see a spectacle with a foregone conclusion I will take them to wrestling. It would appear that I want them to see competitive sport I will need to take them to the rugby or athletics.

The best quote I have seen through this entire afair cam from John McBeth "If you look after the sport the money will follow you, if you look after the money you'll kill the sport"

If you think I am being harsh I leave you with the question below

If New Rangers come back into the SPL and finish bottom of the SPL in 2012-2013 will they be relegated or deemed too big to be relegated?

If you allow New Rangers to come back into the SPL by paying money to any scottish football club you have already shown to the Media/SFA/SPL/Bigots that rangers cannot be anywhere but in the top division

if you answereed 'no' to new Rangers in the SPL you are a football fan who believes in the sport no matter the cost to any one club even if that club is your own

So in short - New rangers = New football team = Start from bottom = Sport = me continuing to pay money to Thistle, New Rangers in SPL= sham = Me not paying any money to any Scottish club (including Thistle)

No more excuses about the TV deal from the media or the chairmen.....proof at last (Traynor take note!!!) Now lets get them down to Div 3!!

http://www.thescotti.../homepage/news/

Added to that, another pipedream of the scottish MSM is burst ..... SFL1 is a no-go for the team with no history ...... Newco would have to start in Scottish League Division 3 says SFL chief executive David Longmuir

No more excuses about the TV deal from the media or the chairmen.....proof at last (Traynor take note!!!) Now lets get them down to Div 3!!

http://www.thescotti.../homepage/news/

Interesting to see that players and others who benefitted from the h u n s tax scam might well have to pay up. I'm starting, just starting to think that there might be justice after all.