Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

Interesting the administrators final bill may well be in the region of £5.5m, exactly what Green is offering as a takeover fee. That will be that money gone then...

I think the honourable thing would be for Duff & Duffer to take their fees at 9 pence in the pound...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully realise that when the OF are involved all rule books go out the window, but if both parties have agreed and signed a contract to cover SPL matches, Can Sky just walk away because one particular team is no longer in the league? Surely contract law would apply somehow.

Agree with other posters that this is going to be a missed opportunity for Scottish Football if the beaks don't get their act together and even out the playing field. The scum will unfortunately still rise to the top through sheer weight of numbers through the turnstiles giving them a financial advantage, but if the TV money is distributed equatibly with prize money allocated to final league positions, that would at least give other clubs a fighting chance of competing. A ratio rule for wages against income would also help ensure that clubs were operating within normal business models and not cheating by living outwith their means.

I would have thought not but prehaps it's scare tactics. Notice "insiders" quoted not official reps.

From today's Herald...

"Green has promised to reveal the names of his backers following the creditors' and shareholder meetings at Ibrox today. Herald Sport believes that Rafat Rizvi is one, having pledged to commit £2m to Sevco. Rizvi is a British citizen who was on Interpol's wanted list after being accused of stealing assets from Indonesia's Bank Century in 2010. At one stage, his personal wealth was estimated to be £385m, but his properties are only in the UK and Singapore because neither country has an extradition treaty with Indonesia. He was one of three shareholders accused of looting the bank, but claims his innocence."

I've never heard of this Rizvi guy, but I'm totally convinced that Charles Green wouldn't touch him with a bargepole if he thought for one single second that there was anything even remotely dodgy about him.

To be quite honest with you. I'd be a bit peeved off if they are allowed back into the SPL automatically.

They have been cheating for years using finances they didnt have.

Any other club without the old firm who created a newco would be relegated to SFL3. So Why not Rangers?

Per BBC Green has completed the purchase of the assets for £5.5m despite there being a higher offer from elsewhere. Is this not all a bit too quick? What are the liquidators doing? Shouldn they not be aiming to get the most money possible for the assets so they have more funds to pay the creditors? This whole thing stinks!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18447530

Per BBC Green has completed the purchase of the assets for £5.5m despite there being a higher offer from elsewhere. Is this not all a bit too quick? What are the liquidators doing? Shouldn they not be aiming to get the most money possible for the assets so they have more funds to pay the creditors? This whole thing stinks!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-18447530

The liquidators aren't involved yet. Duff and Phelps have said the administration of the "oldco" will take a further 8-10 weeks. Only then do the liquidators take over as far as I understand it. Could be wrong though, it seems to change from hour to hour!

The liquidators aren't involved yet. Duff and Phelps have said the administration of the "oldco" will take a further 8-10 weeks. Only then do the liquidators take over as far as I understand it. Could be wrong though, it seems to change from hour to hour!

Just seems really dodgy to me. If these assets are already gone, what value is left in oldco? What is actually left to be liquidated? Creditors seem to get nothing here.

I see that the BBC are reporting that Wally is making a bid to buy the h*ns, quite possibly the reason McCoists is walking to make things difficult for Greene as the H*n hordes unleash their wrath on him making it unviable for him to take over

Yeah looks like this was an arranged plan, helped by The Record headlines today. The whole episode stinks to the high heavens. Wattie and his consortium ride in to save the club, one hour after the liquidation confirmed. Where were they before that?? Cue Rankers fans now refusing to buy season tickets unless Watties consortium are in charge. Green with no money coming in from season tickets then forced to sell to Watties consortium for say £8,000,000.Green makes a few bob and Watties the hero for saving the club and getting real Rankers fans back in charge. I honestly dont care who runs Rankers, but they have cheated and lied to the high heaven and must be hammered by the authorities by being demoted to Div 3

What a fun load of articles to read this morning!

One thing I'm interested in is The-Team-Formerly-Known-As-Rangers' value and line of credit going forward. Aren't lines of credit for corporations usually established based on income and the value of your assets? Essentially, this transfer into the newco is a purchase, correct? And in purchasing for 5.5 mil, aren't you basically establishing that figure as current "market value" for Ibrox, Murray Park, and the car park?

If so, doesn't that categorize TTFKAR as something of a diddy team now?

Watching the coverage on BBC and STV tonight I noticed how the "poor" fans are reacting. After all they would have us believe that they are the victims in all this! One on the BBC panel could only pour out his irrelevant and diversionary nonsense about how Aberdeen have no right to criticise Rangers as they were saved from relegation by clubs whose grounds weren't up to standard.

Then, outside Ibrox, supporters were hailing Walter Smith as their new saviour, who could bring back legends to the club. And no doubt get them into debt paying their wages.

The hatred some of them are showing for Murray, the guy they all wanted to be the father of their children a few years ago, is laughable. Their memories are even shorter when it comes to Whyte. How many Rangers fans were ready to burn down the BBC when they dared to criticise this new hero they had found?

Then there is their "genuine concern" for the state of Scottish football if Rangers is no longer in the top flight. Aye right!

A pox on all of their houses I say.

Edited by scotty

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but that ****** Green was warning the players (whoever they are) that anybody who didn't agree to have their contract transferred to newhunco would be in breach of their contract.

That is, em, pish - even I knew that, but it's now been officially denounced as pish by a leading sports lawyer, apparently. (struggling to find the link).

So, that'll be a wee confidence booster for the 'squad', knowing that your employer is a shameless tadger who would lie through his hunnish Yorkshire teeth to bully you into a contractual stranglehold without even the flimsiest basis in law.

Please note that it is now officially inappropriate to make reference to the 'Old Firm' in any tense other than the past. :police:

I just call them NEWCO now, not Rangers, The Rangers or anything Rangers and its getting right up the noses of the bigots in my work. Well they did say NEWCO was the way ahead for them, so lets all call them that!

Got cornered at work today by a rabid currant bun who was on a rant about how "F***** unfair" this whole saga is and how it's going to be disastrous for the whole Scottish game. But his punchline was "Something should be done at Parliament to save the Gers. It's a national disgrace the way we've been treated"

LMAO

Medication time.

Got cornered at work today by a rabid currant bun who was on a rant about how "F***** unfair" this whole saga is and how it's going to be disastrous for the whole Scottish game. But his punchline was "Something should be done at Parliament to save the Gers. It's a national disgrace the way we've been treated"

LMAO

Medication time.

That's a perfect example of something I've been thinking about recently. Always been quite a bit anti-Rangers but have always felt a bit unsure when challenged about this sometimes.

But now! The way the clubs representatives (not just the most blatant crooks and toerags like Whyte) like jardine, McCoist, Smith etc. have acted, demanding this and that - when they were the ones in the wrong - and even making threats. The way an awful lot of their fans have acted, way way out of order at times and bringing up sectarian bile and threats. The majority? I don't know, some RFC fans have said it should be 3rd division for them but even among them a lot are for this because they think it will hurt the other clubs, not really out of contrition.

What I'm taking ages to say (as not taking time to think it through first) is that recent events have not only confirmed what I felt before but have made me feel I used to think too well of them in the past.

Edited by Mr Bunny