Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is more like it.....looks like HMRC are up for the battle!!!

http://www.thescotti...-to-axeman.html

In total, they now owe HMRC £21million — a figure that could rocket to around £100million if they lose the ‘big tax case’ currently going through the courts.

Erm ... isn't the big tax case everyone refers to actually an appeal and it has already been lost? That was my interpretation.

In total, they now owe HMRC £21million — a figure that could rocket to around £100million if they lose the ‘big tax case’ currently going through the courts.

Erm ... isn't the big tax case everyone refers to actually an appeal and it has already been lost? That was my interpretation.

It is an appeal and not against the case but against the fines and interest added by HMRC

Steven Thompson on radio Scotland saying that hundreds of united fans have written him and are delaying or not going to buy season tickets depending on what happens to Govan 1689.

Nice that we've sold more season tickets than the blue arse cheek :P

The club hopes to be out of administration by July 12th....seriously, what comedian came up with that date? So if they ain't out of admin by then, can this date be remembered for something else from then on :)

Edited to add: Looks like M'Lady beat me to it...kinda.

Edited by Steven H

The front cover of Green's plan to buy the filth was shown on TV earlier on this evening

It had only a few lines but one of them was: Ranger FC

Needless to say BBC H*ns did not pick up on the typo

Old news- the daily retard made a big deal of this the day after it was launched.

Green now saying they hope to sign players before officially exiting administration. They have a list of 19 targets, including 5 playing at the Euros! Unbelievable, have they no shame!

Yup and the creditors are expected to accept a CVA of 2p in the pound (or thereabouts) while he's expected to have extra millions to spend immediately afterwards. Of course it's all fantasy. It only makes a wee bit of sense if D&P, Green and the rest of them all actually want liquidation (and a debt-free newco) and are trying to wind up everyone so the CVA is bound to fail.

I'm usually wrong when I try to predict things but it does look to me like the CVA will fail and liquidation/newco will follow. We should know by the end of the week. What follows then depends on the gumption of various bodies. I'd hope and expect the the big creditors, HMRC and Ticketus, will be after the assets and will want them sold to raise money and not just be meekly passed on to the newco (and Whyte may still be involved here) and would hope (but not expect) the SPL will inist a newco can't get in as it would be against their own rules (ha-ha).

I'd hope and expect the the big creditors, HMRC and Ticketus, will be after the assets and will want them sold to raise money and not just be meekly passed on to the newco (and Whyte may still be involved here) and would hope (but not expect) the SPL will inist a newco can't get in as it would be against their own rules (ha-ha).
Assuming that the (main) assets are Ibrox Park, Murray Park, money due for transfers, and the players, then surely the realisation of those will amount to much, much more than the £8.5M set aside for the CVA. So my question is - why would any creditor accept the CVA?

Assuming that the (main) assets are Ibrox Park, Murray Park, money due for transfers, and the players, then surely the realisation of those will amount to much, much more than the £8.5M set aside for the CVA. So my question is - why would any creditor accept the CVA?

A lot of the smaller creditors might be too feart of the big bad Rangers (and their fans) not to accept it but I don't believe HMRC will. In fact they've already appointed liquidators in anticipation of the CVA failing (in which they will have a big say).

A lot of the smaller creditors might be too feart of the big bad Rangers (and their fans) not to accept it but I don't believe HMRC will. In fact they've already appointed liquidators in anticipation of the CVA failing (in which they will have a big say).

Good shout, Mr B, and [i'm] definitely not looking on the glass half empty side, but isn't there some clever(?) wee piece of chicanery in place that says Whyte, himself, owns the hoose and the back court? That being a way round any attempts by the authorities to lay claim to them for disposal purposes?

Good shout, Mr B, and [i'm] definitely not looking on the glass half empty side, but isn't there some clever(?) wee piece of chicanery in place that says Whyte, himself, owns the hoose and the back court? That being a way round any attempts by the authorities to lay claim to them for disposal purposes?

You're right and this could lead to a lot of lawsuits in various directions. I suspect Whyte is looking to make a few million or so out of this but - I'm guessing a bit here - it may not be legal for him to hold on to assets the way he's done (moving them into a different account) to avoid them being put into the liquidation pot. At the very least he may be able to be bought off fairly cheaply.

On the other hand if I'm wrong, and Whyte can hold on to key assets (worth several millions at real value but not the £100 m valued at by old RFC) you have to remember he doesn't give a smelly keech about RFC - only about making a few squids. RFC/newco would either have to rent off him or buy from him (at a sum that would have the word "million" in it) so this would be a loss for them not to mention HMRC would be looking very carefully at any money they might try to buy/rent it with.

You're right and this could lead to a lot of lawsuits in various directions. I suspect Whyte is looking to make a few million or so out of this but - I'm guessing a bit here - it may not be legal for him to hold on to assets the way he's done (moving them into a different account) to avoid them being put into the liquidation pot. At the very least he may be able to be bought off fairly cheaply.

On the other hand if I'm wrong, and Whyte can hold on to key assets (worth several millions at real value but not the £100 m valued at by old RFC) you have to remember he doesn't give a smelly keech about RFC - only about making a few squids. RFC/newco would either have to rent off him or buy from him (at a sum that would have the word "million" in it) so this would be a loss for them not to mention HMRC would be looking very carefully at any money they might try to buy/rent it with.

Cheers :thumbsup2:

Would be great, then, to see them trying to get a cuckoo deal somewhere with, say, the gypos, if NLC were prepared to have the tone lowered that is. QP might be an option, but like you rightly point out, where would the rent money come from? And no chance of a peppercorn rent at the national stadium.

Cheers :thumbsup2:

Would be great, then, to see them trying to get a cuckoo deal somewhere with, say, the gypos, if NLC were prepared to have the tone lowered that is. QP might be an option, but like you rightly point out, where would the rent money come from? And no chance of a peppercorn rent at the national stadium.

There's always Lesser Hampden? :hypocrite: