Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes. The rules. Excellent...

Not talking about SPL or SFA rules which have always been flexible for the big two but EUFA rules - and our big two are a tiny two in their terms. It may turn out that we are so out of the way and unimportant in their terms they just ignore this but I doubt it - it would give too much of an excuse for other European clubs to start taking FAs to court.

Gordie

22 pages of this pish, feck sake let it go, even the h*ns are bored with it.

Yet you post into it to bump it up to the top again. Boring maybe but it's the biggest scandal in British football and one of the biggets in World football .. and could have serious consequences for the game here. If you don't care, don't read and don't post.

How can you get bored? Lots of bad bad bad things can still happen to Rangers. This is great! After taking the SFA to court....... heh heheh ehhe ehhheh hheh heh hehh.... what a bunch of muppets.

So now all Scottish teams could be banned from competitions including the national team?

Aye but the idea is for the SFA to be forced into action to prevent this, what were Rangers thinking of? Surely a miscalculation. Even I knew about the football rules only for football regs, and I'm a tactical diddy who needs specs.

Aye but the idea is for the SFA to be forced into action to prevent this, what were Rangers thinking of? Surely a miscalculation. Even I knew about the football rules only for football regs, and I'm a tactical diddy who needs specs.

Since it was the administrators who did this (they are running RFC at the moment) I'm beginning to think it was a ploy to force the SFA's hand. It's likely they'll be forced to suspend RFC 1873 for at least a few months which would make the buy out of RFC non-viable (no income, no signing players and still same expences) and so liquidation and a newco the only option which may have been the game plan all along.

In theory a newco should start in div 3 but we all know how likely that is. Still since none of the guys who are likely to win out in this have RFC's interests at heart, to put it mildly, never mind that of Scottish football, I don't see RFC (or RFC-newco) coming out anywhere as strong as before. These guys will plunder what they can (what they haven't already) from the club and the other assets. RFC(-newco) will probably reform in the SPL ( :puke: ) but will not be able to sustain any kind of challenge for for quite a few years - maybe much longer if their fans walk away when they see it's going to take a long while to get to the top again.

One thing though, if it is a newco that rises from the ashes, anytime we hear one of their fans or the monkey media talking about their "great history" we should all remind them (after reminding them it wasn't that great) that they have no history and no trophies except the ones they get from 2013 onwards.

Edited by Mr Bunny

When Thistle went to the Court of Session with their complaint,Lord McKay told the Thistle directors their complaint was correct in law but it was a football problem and it should be handled by the football authorities.

I'd forgotten that. Makes you wonder why the same didn't happen this time.

What a blunder by the SFA!!! How could they not know the extent of their own powers??!!?? It's totaly embarrassing. They now have absolutely no credibility whatsoever.

And how might they react to this? Are they gonna suspend or expel Rangers from the Association? Doubt it somehow. Are they gonna expel them from the Scottish Cup for a season?? Hardly a punishment that fits the crime. What's left? Do nothing is what's left.

Fiasco.

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Rangers are going to emerge from administration free of debt, free of sanction, intact as RFC, competing in the top league, secure in the knowledge that they can do whatever the feck they want and no-one's going to stand up to them.

If the SFA had any balls, what would now happen would be that they hand down the most severe punishment of those available to them: the expulsion of R*ngers.

At that point, after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth of course, they could then negotiate an alternative punishment, agreeable to both parties in a sort of "out of court" fashion.

Something like, say, a 12 month transfer embargo.

That's certainly how I'd play it if I was in charge :happy2:

I fear that Crazy Davie is probably correct - when the choice between "money via bigotry", or "financial fair play" is to be made Scottish football will only make one decision. The status quo has probably managed to sustain sufficient parasites to ensure that next season is merely a repeat of every season since the mid 80s.

What a blunder by the SFA!!! How could they not know the extent of their own powers??!!?? It's totaly embarrassing. They now have absolutely no credibility whatsoever.

And how might they react to this? Are they gonna suspend or expel Rangers from the Association? Doubt it somehow. Are they gonna expel them from the Scottish Cup for a season?? Hardly a punishment that fits the crime. What's left? Do nothing is what's left.

Fiasco.

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Rangers are going to emerge from administration free of debt, free of sanction, intact as RFC, competing in the top league, secure in the knowledge that they can do whatever the feck they want and no-one's going to stand up to them.

It that's what indeed happens, then I HOPE that UEFA/FIFA will come down heavily on the SFA, even to the point of suspending Scottish teams and/or the international team from tournaments. Hell, I would never go to see Scotland again anyway if they meekly accept that in fact the entire show is run by the h u n s and their manky pals.

Pretty much exactly what I have been expecting from the outset :angry:

They are members of the SFA and agree, by being a member club, to abide by and uphold their rules - taking the SFA to court when they didn't like what was handed down was a daft move especially as the appeal and original decision panels had a fairly high ranking legal beak on each of them.

I'm surprised and saddened that the masonic judiciary has got themselves entangled in this.

The SFA should now take the ultimate sanction and jettison them right out the game by revoking their membership - and that goes for any other mob who want to challenge the rules - don't want to play by our rules then your membership fee is no good here - feck off.

Yeah I thought that might be the senario as well, but after seeing a "seething " Stewart Gilmour tonight I feel the tide is seriously turning against them at SFA and chairman level. What happened yesterday had no effect on St Mirren, but it was clear how enraged Gilmour was that they had taken the transfer embargo to the courts rather than keep it inside football. Lets face it their action is risking Scotlands World Cup campaign, Celtics CL place and Hearts, Motherwell Dundee Und and St Johnstones Europa Cup places. I think they are in BIG, BIG trouble

Yeah I thought that might be the senario as well, but after seeing a "seething " Stewart Gilmour tonight I feel the tide is seriously turning against them at SFA and chairman level. What happened yesterday had no effect on St Mirren, but it was clear how enraged Gilmour was that they had taken the transfer embargo to the courts rather than keep it inside football. Lets face it their action is risking Scotlands World Cup campaign, Celtics CL place and Hearts, Motherwell Dundee Und and St Johnstones Europa Cup places. I think they are in BIG, BIG trouble

I hope they take it one step further towards the precipice and get an injunction granted by the courts to stop the season starting - and force the red card to come out for sure.

I hope they take it one step further towards the precipice and get an injunction granted by the courts to stop the season starting - and force the red card to come out for sure.

Agreed...they would be signing their own death warrant!

I think the tide of opinion amongst non- Rangers fans is such that the footballing authorities cannont ignore the fairly obvious evidence of substantial irregularities at Rangers. Compounded by their breathtaking arrogance and their steadfast refusal to acknowledge any wrongdoing. I hope that they are expelled from the SFA in disgrace.

Yeah I thought that might be the senario as well, but after seeing a "seething " Stewart Gilmour tonight I feel the tide is seriously turning against them at SFA and chairman level. What happened yesterday had no effect on St Mirren, but it was clear how enraged Gilmour was that they had taken the transfer embargo to the courts rather than keep it inside football.

Yesterday had no effect on St Mirren yet----- As i see it Gilmour knows that Rangers will now be expelled or relegated to div 3 and St Mirren will lose money----thats why hes raging