Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

If anyone has the time to read 60+ pages here is the full SFA findings at the tribunal including how exactly they believe Rangers brought the game into disrepute.

http://www.scribd.co...Note-of-Reasons

Might give it a go - have absolutely nothing else on tonight or this weekend for that matter, other than the disheartening search for a job.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't do the twitter thing,so have no concrete evidence to back this up.but apparently they have lost tax case,they owe £13 million(what happened to it being 50 or 60 mill)20p in the pound won't be accepted,so it is liquidation on Monday.500 security been ordered for ibrox on Monday.

As I say no evidence to back it up,but eh oh,just passing on info.

Came from a twitter insider,if that means anything!

I don't do the twitter thing,so have no concrete evidence to back this up.but apparently they have lost tax case,they owe £13 million(what happened to it being 50 or 60 mill)20p in the pound won't be accepted,so it is liquidation on Monday.500 security been ordered for ibrox on Monday.

According to this mornings papers Charlie Green has got the nod to buy them and one of his backers is Fat Freddie Shepherd. Dear oh dear, if the articles below are anything to go by, the crisis at Ipox might just be starting!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_Shepherd

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2114784149

According to this mornings papers Charlie Green has got the nod to buy them and one of his backers is Fat Freddie Shepherd. Dear oh dear, if the articles below are anything to go by, the crisis at Ipox might just be starting!!!

http://en.wikipedia....Freddy_Shepherd

http://boards.footym...&mid=2114784149

Shepherd courted controversy in a speech at the 2004 Dubai Soccerex international football forum, stating that large and successful clubs should not be concerned about those struggling at the lower end of the industry. Shepherd said "When we have got 52,000 fans at each home game, the last thing we are worried about is clubs in the third division," and added, "There is no sympathy here."

Just what Scottish football needs.

Shepherd courted controversy in a speech at the 2004 Dubai Soccerex international football forum, stating that large and successful clubs should not be concerned about those struggling at the lower end of the industry. Shepherd said "When we have got 52,000 fans at each home game, the last thing we are worried about is clubs in the third division," and added, "There is no sympathy here."

Just what Scottish football needs.

Ideal for Ipox then!!

Breaking news on BBC website - Charles Green is the preferred bidder and his bid will be formally accepted on Monday.

Curiously, this 'news' emerges on the day of the last game of the season. Don't be surprised if 'oldco' calls in the liquidators within the week after a fat tax bill arrives.

Mission accomplished by Duff & Phelch - get to the end of the season, organise a beauty parade of would-be buyers, keep the fans interested/hanging on, then a glorious resolution.

It also allows the SPL time to cement its deal with the devil.

Edited by McKennan

If found guilty of the big tax case (Using EBT's) it also shows they were using double contracts, This isnt over by a long way

Curiously, this 'news' emerges on the day of the last game of the season. Don't be surprised if 'oldco' calls in the liquidators within the week after a fat tax bill arrives.

Mission accomplished by Duff & Phelch - get to the end of the season, organise a beauty parade of would-be buyers, keep the fans interested/hanging on, then a glorious resolution.

It also allows the SPL time to cement its deal with the devil.

Spot on.

Fact this has happened so quickly in last 48hours would suggest that this is the case.

Considering that Green and Whyte have business history then it's no surprise that a deal to sell his shares was reached so quickly.

It's also no surprise that the administrators apointed by Whyte have been leading on every would be buyer for months until they reached the end of the season whilst all the time behind the scenes they have been working on a deal with Whyte's preferred bidders.

There is no way a CVA will be agreed, therefore liquidation it is.

Considering that Green and Whyte have business history then it's no surprise that a deal to sell his shares was reached so quickly.

It's also no surprise that the administrators apointed by Whyte have been leading on every would be buyer for months until they reached the end of the season whilst all the time behind the scenes they have been working on a deal with Whyte's preferred bidders.

There is no way a CVA will be agreed, therefore liquidation it is.

Even though he has sold the shares he still owns Ibrox and Murray park as that is in a seperate company

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/rangers-sold.2012052514

I just love it when a new Rank-gers owner says: "I can tell every Rangers fan now that whatever decision is taken they will always be told the truth." You just know it's the truth like "The Ministry of Love", The Democratic Republic of Wherever, the People's Republic of... etc.

:rolleyes::cheers::evil::football::ptfc:

Can anyone explain what happens with the EBT ?

Just suppose that the current creditors are daft enough to accept the 5p in the pound that Green is offering. Then, if the Tax tribunal goes against Rangers, that wouldn't have been agreed in the CVA and so Rangers will be straight back in trouble again.

Alternatively, if the EBT decision comes before the creditors meeting then the 5p in the pound goes down to about 3p.

There's something we are not being told here.

I was quite annoyed when I saw this story on the national news today...

Fuel errors cost Scottish Police £60,000 in the last 5 years

Mostly because I recall another story from a couple of years back

Policing six Old Firm derbies in 1 season cost Scottish Police £1,968,840.

It's not even as though the players were contributing through their taxes! :mad2:

I was quite annoyed when I saw this story on the national news today...

Fuel errors cost Scottish Police £60,000 in the last 5 years

Mostly because I recall another story from a couple of years back

Policing six Old Firm derbies in 1 season cost Scottish Police £1,968,840.

It's not even as though the players were contributing through their taxes! :mad2:

Aye, £60k in five years isn't that much compared with their entire budget. The fact that it is caused by stupidity is the only problem. I'd say the OF should pay more of the policing costs for around their grounds, however this would mean everyone else has to do the same and it would hurt the other 40 clubs worse.

Aye, £60k in five years isn't that much compared with their entire budget. The fact that it is caused by stupidity is the only problem. I'd say the OF should pay more of the policing costs for around their grounds, however this would mean everyone else has to do the same and it would hurt the other 40 clubs worse.

Might not the solution be to base police charges on the crowds? After all, bigger the crowd bigger the police required surely? It might affect a few other SPL teams but nowhere near as much as a general charge.

Mind you isn't the real problem with the OF down to live telly? You have these "pub-fans" all round the city "following" their team indoors while getting totally blootered (as they can't if they're actually at the game) and if the result doesn't go their way (or even if it does but there's some controverisal incident or anything else that can get them fired up) fights and chaos ensues all over the town. I think this costs the police (and the local hospitals) far more than actually policing the grounds.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Having trawled through the various blogs and media coverage surrounding of Green’s bid, it is just possible that he might actually succeed in coming out via a CVA and therefore bypass any SPL penalties by not needing to transfer to a “NewCo”.

For the CVA to be accepted, we need to look first at the assets that would be left for the creditors should they not succeed. It is widely accepted that Rangers own neither Ibrox nor Murray Park, both rumored to be owned by relatives of Craig Whyte. If the CVA is not accepted, ownership of Rangers reverts to Whyte and under the revised players contracts, if he is the owner after July 1st then the players can leave for bugger all. Without any star players, Ibrox or Murray Park, what’s left for the creditors is very little, probably less than what is being offered by the CVA.

Next we need to look at the creditors. It will all come down to whether HMRC own more than 25% of the debt and can therefore block it. Duff & Phelps have included the amount owed if they loose the EBT case (but not the penalties as these are unknown). Also not included are moneys owed to Ticketus as that is subject to an unresolved legal case and again the amount is unknown. The rest is owned by small businesses, many of whom will be Rangers supporters and willing to take the hit in their wallet for the good of “The Peepul”. (There will be some who support other clubs and will reject the CVA on principal). Most will look at the pros and cons and weigh up the financial gamble of liquidation against the guarantee of the CVA. Without ticketus on the list, it must be touch and go whether HMRC will have the 25% they will need to block and again whether they will use it. Green may already have a deal with them, or alternatively it wouldn’t take a master accountant to create some debt that would take them under the 25%.

So, Green and his consortium have put up a few million (the bulk of the £8.5m purchase was based on money owed by other clubs and proceeds expected from legal cases). Assuming that he does have these 20 members from around the globe backing him, then it would only need an Arab sheik or a big player in Asia to be in the group and he could easily have the 1 billion total wealth that he claims. In which case, the money put up front is peanuts and is a decent wager with the odds stacked in their favour. If the CVA is accepted then they get a debt free Rangers, including all it’s history, for a very small outlay.

But what would they have ? With Green in charge, the current squad is left as intact as he wants it. You can bet that the ticketus claim will be dropped an they will become part of the consortium and likewise Ibrox and Murray Park will be bought back for peanuts with associates of Whyte again being part of the consortium. There will be the fines from the EBT if they loose the case, but that will be maybe £10 million which they could easily afford. The transfer embargo (if it stands) will be a hindrance for next season, but after that, they are back in Europe and able to spend, spend, spend. A bit of success, a public flotation and the consortium’s financial outlay will be returned many times over.

Of course, all this could just be a conspiracy theory, but remember the claim that Green had been looking over the books for weeks. The timing of the administration, the day after the transfer window closed, and the timing of Green’s bid, the day before the end of the season I’m sure are not coincidences. Someone has I think played a very canny game here and while there are a few hurdles to cross, Rangers could end up virtually scot free.

Whether Scottish football will survive if this all plays out is another question. If attendances drop, there could be a fair number of clubs forced to face the penalties that the SPL are drawing up for Rangers.

http://www.express.c...ts/view/320185/

You couldnt make this up. They owe multi-millions, cant even pay their paper bills, are gonna offer creditors peanuts, then give Sally a War Chest....is it any wonder why we hate them!!!

Maybe it means that Green has physically made Sally a chest to keep all his little soldiers(British of course) in or it could just be another crock of sycophantic sh*t of the kind we all know and love.

My money's on the latter.

Edited by stillresigned