Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the appeal meeting was certainly over by 2pm as AC was on Sauchiehall Street at Caring Cross by that time, and I saw him a couple more times this afternoon. He didn't look like he had much pressure on him - hope it was an open and shut case against the appeal.

As a, probably unrelated, aside - I saw IMc around the same time in the same area, but never saw them together.

Well, the appeal meeting was certainly over by 2pm as AC was on Sauchiehall Street at Caring Cross by that time, and I saw him a couple more times this afternoon. He didn't look like he had much pressure on him - hope it was an open and shut case against the appeal.

As a, probably unrelated, aside - I saw IMc around the same time in the same area, but never saw them together.

It didn't start till about 6pm.

I thought it'd be fun to look at one of the RFC forums to see their reaction to this, and.....wow. Just wow. I've never bothered to take a good look before, but what a jaded lot those posters are! They can't seem to grasp the idea that a club should be penalized for the actions of its executives, which is only true in EVERY OTHER SPORT OR BUSINESS IN THE WORLD. I'm guessing they would argue that a bomber whose explosive device failed to detonate should not be punished - that the embarrassment of failure would be punishment enough.

I also got a good chuckle from some fans proposing they be relegated to Division 3 just to hurt the revenue streams of Celtic and the other SPL teams. That's just some AMAZING business acumen.

I thought it'd be fun to look at one of the RFC forums to see their reaction to this, and.....wow. Just wow. I've never bothered to take a good look before, but what a jaded lot those posters are! They can't seem to grasp the idea that a club should be penalized for the actions of its executives, which is only true in EVERY OTHER SPORT OR BUSINESS IN THE WORLD. I'm guessing they would argue that a bomber whose explosive device failed to detonate should not be punished - that the embarrassment of failure would be punishment enough.

I also got a good chuckle from some fans proposing they be relegated to Division 3 just to hurt the revenue streams of Celtic and the other SPL teams. That's just some AMAZING business acumen.

Oh dear how sad what a pity never mind! There was never, in a month of Sundays any chance of their appeal succeeding, unfortunately they were essentially repeating" We Are the People", it was frankly farcical that they instructed a QC to argue against one on the central tenets of company law. Another embarrassment, heaped on embarrassment- watch this space as the HMRC cases have still to report as have the SFA inquiry into dual contracts, on top of that you have the prospect of losing virtually the first team squad for peanuts, Terrible isn't it it never rains but it pours...lol!

R*ngers FC is a very sick organism indeed, and the life support machine should be turned off without any further delay in order to allow it to retain a modicum of dignity. To protract the inevitable death passage of the poor beast is grossly inhumane, albeit fcuken hilarious.

When I read your first few words I thought you meant as in "morally sick", "psychologically unbalanced" or that ilk. And I think Rangers - those that run it and their fans - lost any dignity a long time ago.

Oh, and far from congratulating the SFA on making no more than a straightforward decision one could criticise them for not increasing the punishment for making a frivolous appeal. These delusional Rangers folk don't seem to realise the SFA was actually quite lenient with them.

Edited by Mr Bunny

When I read your first few words I thought you meant as in "morally sick", "psychologically unbalanced" or that ilk. And I think Rangers - those that run it and their fans - lost any dignity a long time ago.

Oh, and far from congratulating the SFA on making no more than a straightforward decision one could criticise them for not increasing the punishment for making a frivolous appeal. These delusional Rangers folk don't seem to realise the SFA was actually quite lenient with them.

I suppose I meant that too. :D

They are unbelievable! How dare they be punished for breaking the rules:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18108973

If they withhold players from Scotland squads, not only would they be doing those players a disservice, but they would also be breaking rules and inviting further sanctions. If the don't want to participate in the Scottish Cup then fair enough I reckon, better chance of getting to Hampden for everyone else.

They should be used to transfer embargos. They imposed a 3-year one on themselves not that long ago.

Collection of fckn misfits.

Didn't they have a self-imposed transfer embargo for many decades? Though that was only on players from a certain religious background mind you.

Open letter to Rangers Supporters Clubs:

When your owner invests big money in the stadium and in the playing squad, your team should benefit big. When your owner violates laws by failing to pay big money owed to other parties, your team should suffer big. When there is no precedent for the extent to which your owner violated the law, congratulations - you get a punishment that has never happened before.

Please take some solace in the fact that, when you are going through this process again in 2024, this all won't seem so foreign and strange.

Lastly, Craig Whyte bought a controlling interest in your team for 100p. I recently read that he was selling it to Charles Green for 200p. That's a 100% profit - so it looks like he's a better businessman than you 're giving him credit for.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Fan Who Is Definitely Not Bill Miller

Open letter to Rangers Supporters Clubs:

When your owner invests big money in the stadium and in the playing squad, your team should benefit big. When your owner violates laws by failing to pay big money owed to other parties, your team should suffer big. When there is no precedent for the extent to which your owner violated the law, congratulations - you get a punishment that has never happened before.

Please take some solace in the fact that, when you are going through this process again in 2024, this all won't seem so foreign and strange.

Lastly, Craig Whyte bought a controlling interest in your team for 100p. I recently read that he was selling it to Charles Green for 200p. That's a 100% profit - so it looks like he's a better businessman than you 're giving him credit for.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Fan Who Is Definitely Not Bill Miller

:thumbsup2:

If they withhold players from Scotland squads, not only would they be doing those players a disservice, but they would also be breaking rules and inviting further sanctions. If the don't want to participate in the Scottish Cup then fair enough I reckon, better chance of getting to Hampden for everyone else.

Are they boycotting only Scottish Cup? Not League Cup?

Does the Club have the right to withhold its players from Scotland national team?