Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

Rangers are going to emerge from administration free of debt, free of sanction, intact as RFC, competing in the top league, secure in the knowledge that they can do whatever the feck they want and no-one's going to stand up to them.

If Crazy Davie's summary above comes to pass, I am finished with Scottish football. This is on the simple basis that my club is part of Scottish Football and the SFA, if they do not act to right this huge wrong, then I want no part of it. Dundee was enough to suffer, Rangers' position is beyond anything that is reasonable.

If Rangers are relegated to Div 3 with or without a transfer embargo, that is an appropriate punishment for the severity of their mismanagement and disrepute charges, and I will carry on supporting my club.

*edit for typo

Edited by wes

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers are going to emerge from administration free of debt, free of sanction, intact as RFC, competing in the top league, secure in the knowledge that they can do whatever the feck they want and no-one's going to stand up to them.

Until Monday, I thought that was going to be the case, but D&P taking the case to the court of session has been an absolute game changer. The SFA have no option left but to suspend them for a period (possibly 1 year), otherwise FIFA will suspend the Scotland national team and all clubs from UEFA competions.

My prediction .... Rangers suspended for 1 year. SFP2 started for the 2013/14 season and Rangers rejoining at SPL2 level.

This looks to be a compromise for everyone as SFA will have been seen to have come down hard on Rangers, but they get back to SPL one year quicker than relegation to SFL3.

My prediction .... Rangers suspended for 1 year

Absolutely will not happen

Any notion that Rangers won't be competing in the top league next season is just not facing up to the "commercial realitiy" of Scottish football, and just not facing up to the fact that this "commercial realitiy" is the one and only deciding factor.

I still think the plan is that Rankers will go into liquidation (hence any punishments they like can be applied as it will be like shooting a dead duck) and the newco will be welcomed with open arms.

Some extra notes on this:

What I read may have been a mis-quote but it seems Doncaster claimed that "all twelve clubs will vote " what happens to the newco.

They could have decided that already but put it off.

The SFA still haven't announced a decision; my guess is they're hoping the word going around that UEFA/FIFA will force them to really punish the evil ones will help cause liquidation (due to the precieved threat of a strong punishment which makes it difficult to run them at any profit for a while) and save them having to actually do anything. Green wants to talk things over with the SFA/SPL - but he doesn't own the club yet. If Green decides to pull the plug this weekend then they get what they want.

If he decides to drag it out (CVA meeting still a couple of weeks away I think) then the SFA will be forced to do something and it will probably be the least they think they can get away with like expulsion from the cup - if Green figures this - i.e. that they'll bottle it he may well drag it out, although it's just possible he's in on the act with D&P and Whyte too and liquidation may be what they're all after.

My own inclination is to believe that it will be liquidation and a newco (though of course I won't be surprised if I'm wrong) with the newco being welcomed with open arms into the SPL. However Ranglers fans maybe disappointed to find that Whyte and his cronies have stripped them of so much they'll struggle for years to mount a real challenge in the league. (I'm thinking for instance they may have to rent or buy back Ibrox).

Edited by Mr Bunny

I have a feeling one of two things will happen, either Rangers will be suspended for the Scottish Cup next season, or they will accept the transfer embargo after negotiating with the SFA. If they don't accept the transfer embargo then a one year suspension from the Scottish Cup is too lenient, as the SFA themselves said after the original sanction was handed down. To all sensible people, it must be at least a one year suspension from all football if the transfer embargo doesn't stand.

Any notion that Rangers won't be competing in the top league next season is just not facing up to the "commercial realitiy" of Scottish football, and just not facing up to the fact that this "commercial realitiy" is the one and only deciding factor.

Spot on.....unfortunately

Spot on.....unfortunately

Come on gentlemen, we're Jags fans for flip's sake. We spend our lives dreaming about the improbable and the impossible, so let's keep wishing and believing that this horrid shower of trogs are heading for the wall at 200mph. I'm sure we can easily deal with the disappointment when it doesn't happen; shouldn't be a problem for us.

Come on gentlemen, we're Jags fans for flip's sake. We spend our lives dreaming about the improbable and the impossible, so let's keep wishing and believing that this horrid shower of trogs are heading for the wall at 200mph.

I'm hoping for a sonic h*n-boom - so please let's at least have it at 768mph at least!

The whole big hoose of cards is about to come tumbling down. Like a heavily woven web (built on decades of lies, deceit, financial wrongs, a succulent lamb msm, too feart fawning and compliant chairmen to challenge the OF, corrupt referees and officials and blazers, the list is verrrrrrrrrrrrry lonnnnnnnggggggggggg), it is all unravelling, at an ever quickening pace, support strands failing one by one, whereby one day (soon) it is going to fall apart spectacularly.

The latest comical fckup from govan way has set in motion a wind of change amongst the once fawning and compliant chairmen, the realisation is slowly dawning on them (and for once, they are now listening to the fans) that this odious and corrupt entity that they have been so scared of for decades will be the death of Scottish Football, if they do not amputate and remove the disease ridden arse cheek of the SPL and scottish football in general.

A suspension of their registration from the SFA will follow soon, and once the BTC returns its damning verdict and claim for £80million (and subsequent and inevitable liquidation), and the dual contacts investigation by the football authorities is concluded, a expulsion from Scottish Football will be the next step.

The only unclear result, is whether liquidation will occur before expulsion or not.

Pain, suffering, death I feel. Something excellent is happening down govan way. The h u n s are in pain. Terrible pain. Death is the only way now. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not.

The whole big hoose of cards is about to come tumbling down. Like a heavily woven web (built on decades of lies, deceit, financial wrongs, a succulent lamb msm, too feart fawning and compliant chairmen to challenge the OF, corrupt referees and officials and blazers, the list is verrrrrrrrrrrrry lonnnnnnnggggggggggg), it is all unravelling, at an ever quickening pace, support strands failing one by one, whereby one day (soon) it is going to fall apart spectacularly.

The latest comical fckup from govan way has set in motion a wind of change amongst the once fawning and compliant chairmen, the realisation is slowly dawning on them (and for once, they are now listening to the fans) that this odious and corrupt entity that they have been so scared of for decades will be the death of Scottish Football, if they do not amputate and remove the disease ridden arse cheek of the SPL and scottish football in general.

A suspension of their registration from the SFA will follow soon, and once the BTC returns its damning verdict and claim for £80million (and subsequent and inevitable liquidation), and the dual contacts investigation by the football authorities is concluded, a expulsion from Scottish Football will be the next step.

The only unclear result, is whether liquidation will occur before expulsion or not.

Pain, suffering, death I feel. Something excellent is happening down govan way. The h u n s are in pain. Terrible pain. Death is the only way now. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not.

I hope and pray with every fibre of my being that your analysis is correct.

But I don't think it is. These horrible criminals are going to get away with it. Completely.

But I don't think it is. These horrible criminals are going to get away with it. Completely.

A couple of weeks ago i'd have agreed with you but I think taking the SFA to court may have been a game changer. They've seriously pissed off the other SPL clubs doing this and they've also got FIFA interested which will hopefully force the SFA's hand.

A couple of weeks ago i'd have agreed with you but I think taking the SFA to court may have been a game changer. They've seriously pissed off the other SPL clubs doing this and they've also got FIFA interested which will hopefully force the SFA's hand.

There could be a back way out for them, tho'. It was the administrators that went to court. Green or whoever could further down the line argue that D & P were ill advised, not football people blah blah. Not much of a case for the defence admittedly but all parties could be looking for a way out and the Sky TV money will always be an issue to too many.

When it comes to putting the interests of the rank and file football fan first I instinctively don't trust any of our three ruling bodies to ever get a decision right. If Fifa/Eufa delegate too much latitude to the SFA then I'd expect some sort of fudge that'll further antagonise us fans.

Yip, and as far as I understand the ruling, the CoS has referred the matter back to the independent appeals panel not the SFA. D&D's bill £5.5 million so far. :shok:

My understanding too; and that would be the IAP which includes a certain zero-to-hero figure cutting a remarkable resemblance to Monsieur Cowan?

To you, crazy as it may seem, the tide is turning. See below.

And in the meantime, Duff & Duffer's bill for 'professional' services just gets bigger and bigger.

How ironic if Rangers were liquidated partly due to the millions they will be owing the administrators...

Yip, and as far as I understand the ruling, the CoS has referred the matter back to the independent appeals panel not the SFA. D&D's bill £5.5 million so far. :shok:

My understanding too; and that would be the IAP which includes a certain zero-to-hero figure cutting a remarkable resemblance to Monsieur Cowan?

All these points covered and more, in the article below. Yorkston telling it how it is, and even the dreary ranger is beginning to turn (as all the MSM are being forced to), and instead of printing fairytales of new signings and a rosy future for the taxcheating h u n s, is now (while still trying to hide the full mind-blowing enormity of what will happen from the bluenosed bampots) printing articles which show the increasing groundswell of opinion that there is only one way this will all eventually end.

Death.

RFC RIH

Dunfermline chief John Yorkston: Rangers can’t be given same punishment we got for admin error

Jun 2 2012 by Euan McLean

Dunfermline were booted out the Scottish Cup for fielding Calum Woods in win over Stenhousemuir.

DUNFERMLINE chief John Yorkston says the SFA have no choice but to boot Rangers out of the game because a Scottish Cup ban is too soft.

The Pars chairman saw his club kicked out of the cup in 2010 for clerical mistakes that saw them field the suspended Calum Woods as a sub in a 7-1 win over Stenhousemuir.

They are far from the only ones with Spartans, Brechin City and East Stirling all having been expelled from thecompetition for fielding ineligible players through honest mistakes.

So Yorkston insists it would beludicrous to deal Rangers the same punishment for dodging taxes and putting the nation’s football future in jeopardy by pursuing the SFA through civil courts.

While he doesn’t want to see Rangers die, Yorkston believes that in a stark choice between terminating the club’s SFA membership or letting them off with a cup ban, there really is no alternative for the game’s bosses.

Because the lesser punishment simply does not fit the crime.

Yorkston said: “Most of us feel that because they are who they are, Rangers would get away with the lesser sentence but a cup suspension is not enough. This is more than a small administrative error that saw us and other clubs expelled from the Scottish Cup.

“None of us want to see Rangers go out of business but given the choice between the options available to the SFA, there is only one decision.

“I always thought relegation was the appropriate measure but I don’t know if they can find a middle ground any more because they tried that already with the transfer embargo.

“That’s what makes Rangers’ decision to go to the courts so foolish. They were badly advised because everyone knows you don’t go to court. People will blame the administrators for that but there are still folk at Rangers who should have known you just don’t do that. You don’t go to court unless you know all the facts and not enough research was done to check what the consequences would be.”

If Rangers were to pay the ultimate sanction, the additional place in the SPL could see either Dunfermline spared relegation or Dundee promoted as last season’s Division One runners-up.

Either way would be less than ideal, Yorkston argues, as both sides have signed and released players based on the assumption they’ll be playing in the lower league.

A sudden rise into the top flight – with all the additional costs involved and uncertainty over the TV deal they would need to fund it – would pose a massive headache. Yorkston added: “There are so many ifs, buts and maybes that there’s no sense in speculating too much.

“But safe to say it’s not as straight-forward as just getting back into the SPL and everything will be rosy.

“Whether it was us or Dundee, it would throw plans into turmoil because both clubs have beenbudgeting for the First Division.

“All of our players’ contracts have wages agreed for when they play in the SPL and a lower wage for the FirstDivision, so those still with us have taken a cut and others have moved on.

“My fear is that the new season will probably have started by the time this comes to a conclusion, which will bring even more chaos to a situation that has already dragged on for too long.”

Rangers hopes of getting away with a Scottish Cup ban seem even more remote when you consider that one of the men due to sit in judgment was the last club chairman to suffer the same sanction.

Spartans’ chief Craig Graham was dismayed when the East of Scotland League side were thrown out for the crime of using a player whose new contract had only been dated once.

The SFA demand contracts are dated twice and therefore ruled that striker Keith McLeod had been ineligible to play in Spartans’ 2-0 win over Culter.

That cost the Edinburgh club alucrative third-round tie with Partick Thistle plus a £4000 fine – a heavy price for such a small administrative error.

Graham oversaw Gers’ original appeal against the 18-month transfer embargo along with Lord Carloway and former Partick Thistle chairman Allan Cowan.

Their decision to uphold the embargo meted out by the SFA’s judicial tribunal (comprising Gary Allan QC, Raith Rovers director Eric Drysdale and journalist Alastair Murning) led to Gers ill-advised approach to the Court of Session.

Now they’ll have the whole sorry mess dropped back in their laps again and are expected to sit within the next two weeks to assess what little options remain at their disposal.

If Yorkston represents the majority view in Scottish football then there is no decision to be made. And if Spartans chief Graham felt his club were harshly treated to be kicked out of the Scottish Cup for an honest administrative slip-up, there seems little chance of him approving the same sanction for blatant, pre-meditated deceit.

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23882815/

..... and coupled with the DR article above, the following is lifted from another site, but this sums things up not too badly (i'm sure we could all add our own thoughts on plenty other misdemeanours and wrongs the h u n s have done through the years, and aren't covered below).

Lets try and list the current problems;

Not paid for players from Scottish clubs.

Not paid for players from Austria, England, Norway and other countries.

Not paid many small businesses in their surrounding area.

Small tax bill of £4.2M outstanding.

Not paid Ticketus and show no signs of doing so.

With held Income Tax and NI payments to HMRC up until 14/02/12. Charged with bringing the game into disrepute. Found guilty and appealed. Decision upheld. Take SFA to civil court against all football law, not on the point of being found guilty, but for the sanctions handed down. Judge agrees with Rangers and tells SFA to review the case again but warns Rangers that they could face a more severe punnishment.

The civil court action has brought the case to the attention of UEFA and FIFA who now want Rangers to face a separate charge of bringing the game into disrepute.

The CVA document tells creditors that it can’t specify how much pence in the pound they will recieve but the total available is £8.5M. The administrators bill of £5.5M will come off this first so the pot of money is down to £3M meanwhile assets are listed at over £100M in the annex at the back of the document.

The CVA document also revealed that since 14/02/12 Rangers, while in administration, have still not paid any Income Tax and NI payments to HMRC. This should result in another charge of brining the game into disrepute.

There is the ongoing investigation into the two contracts issue which could result in more charges. A lot of this information is already in the public domain and the stripping of leagues and cups seem a formality.

There is the pending result of the FTT which could add another few score million to the already overflowing pot of debt.

I’m sure there is one or two misdemeanors which could be added to the above littany of shame such as intimidation of the SFA panel or the complete lack of remorse, shame, humility or even dignity.

But the main point I’m trying to make is that this is no longer a football club but a corpse walking about that just does not have the sense to lie down and die.

Edited by yoda-jag

..... and coupled with the DR article above, the following is lifted from another site, but this sums things up not too badly (i'm sure we could all add our own thoughts on plenty other misdemeanours and wrongs the h u n s have done through the years, and aren't covered below).

Every h u n sympathiser should be shown that list and realise just how much financial and sporting cheating it represents. It might be beyond many of them, but it might just lead some to realise just why every right-minded person finds what they've been doing so abhorrent.

The SFA should quite simply revoke any titles won in the last 10 years, ban them from any participation in football for at least the next 3 years, and allow them only to return if and when all their debts are paid in full.

Either than or simply expel them sine die (preferred).

Every h u n sympathiser should be shown that list and realise just how much financial and sporting cheating it represents. It might be beyond many of them, but it might just lead some to realise just why every right-minded person finds what they've been doing so abhorrent.

The SFA should quite simply revoke any titles won in the last 10 years, ban them from any participation in football for at least the next 3 years, and allow them only to return if and when all their debts are paid in full.

Either than or simply expel them sine die (preferred).

I agree with this... though a one season ban would probably be the final compromise.

I feel that the SFA should introduce a club license scheme that I believe other countries have. At the moment it seems the SFA can't punish clubs properly, however an integration of the SFL and SPL with a set of SFA license criteria that must be met at each level (financial fair play, rules regarding payments to other member clubs, etc) with punishment of demotion or even the revoking of a clubs license if necessary, but points penalties and transfer embargos used for lesser crimes. I believe that transfer embargos should be placed on any club who refuse to pay other clubs monies owed to them (when the funds are available).

The problem with that plan is that most Rangers fans are so downright stupid that they are not able to comprehend this. They don't understand anything about finances, and their understanding of the term 'cheating' is limited to such acts as diving for penalties/punching the ball off the line. It's just beyond them to understand what fans of every other club see in their behaviour, which is why we're getting the 'We are the people/we shall not be moved' nonsense that is infuriating everyone else even more.

The problem with that plan is that most Rangers fans are so downright stupid that they are not able to comprehend this. They don't understand anything about finances, and their understanding of the term 'cheating' is limited to such acts as diving for penalties/punching the ball off the line. It's just beyond them to understand what fans of every other club see in their behaviour, which is why we're getting the 'We are the people/we shall not be moved' nonsense that is infuriating everyone else even more.

Absolutely agree. The average knuckle dragger's response would be "It wisnae ra club. I wis ra ownur. Punish ra ownur no ra peepul"

Edit to add .... I heard a suggestion on another site of a 1 year suspension with 9 months suspended. ie can't sign any player before start of season and if they step out of line just once, season suspension is automatic. I think it is a bit soft, but I can see that as the sort of compromise that could be offered.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

I've always maintained they would get away with this ...........I'm now feeling there is no way they can. Surely even Rangers can't wriggle out of this one !

Wish I was as confident as you. In the last week there have been newspaper headlines that claiming that Green has an agreement in place with HMRC and that the h*ns now have come to a compromise with the SFA over their punishment. Whether there is substance to either claim is anybody's guess but I still have a horrible feeling that the h*ns will emerge from all this almost unscathed :no: