Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC reporting that Rangers will get a vote in the decision on whether to admit them to the SPL!!! Words fail me!

Wont matter if they are not here, plus they may not have a ground as HMRC's liquidation team BDO will sell to the highest bidder the assets, plus the squad will have gone

Know you better, i do, but talk like that could see you labelled as a h u n sympathiser, hmmmm ?

"I think we need to stop all this talk of rules. They do not apply here. Rangers Loyal 1690 FC will get straight into the SPL. Debt-free. Sanction-free."

This should not be viewed as me being supportive of the medieval nazis in any way. I will be distraught if it comes to pass as described above...

Like C-D I believe they will get away virtually scot-free, however it would be nice if some sanctions were imposed - for example - the newco club colours should be the current owner and the immediate past owners' surnames - it would be a fitting tribute. Away fans at their ground get to sit anywhere they want and no home supporter is permitted in that stand ...............should there be any sectarian singing at any of the new club's games the game is awarded to the opponents (fans of the opponents to decide whether they heard any such singing of course).

Seriously this farce has gone on long enough - let them back in - of course, reward financial doping - Scottish football cannot decend any further into this cesspit - this is merely the natural conclusion of where it has been going since the mid 80s. We have 2 teams in this country - a group of sycophant teams underneath them and a sycophant press to nuture them. If they get back in scot-free (which they will) it would be nice if the supporters of every other team organised a boycott of at least one game next season - it could be a boycott of an away game with a reciprical agreement with the other team that they could boycott our home game - at least it would be a gesture. The Scottish game is beginning to represent 1970s professional wrestling as a "sport".

Edited by JeanieD

While company law might make it possible for one entity to be liquidated and re-emerge as a 'slate wiped clean' newco, morally their tax avoidance and debt mismanagement needs to be punished.

Starting out in the Third Division as a minimum surely; any SPL Clubs that vote in favour of their instant re-admittance, needs to look hard at their conscience and the plight of Rangers many creditors.

The fact alone that they have not paid fully for Jelavic, despite having received £5.5 million from Everton, is enough reason for them to go down.

This story needs a just ending.

I think we need to stop all this talk of rules. They do not apply here. Rangers Loyal 1690 FC will get straight into the SPL. Debt-free. Sanction-free.

I think you are quite right. I will be amazed if the new incarnaction of Rangers aren't parachuted back in to the SPL as if nothing has happened, no matter how morally reprehensible it may be. Right now, more than ever, we need those in charge of our game to show some integrity but the chances are they will bottle it. At worst there will be some sort of transfer embargo for the Newco, but I wouldn't be surprised if they crap out of that one as well.

I hope I am wrong - even if it does result in another bunch of cheating gits, Dundee, being promoted to the SPL - but I cannot see it. Honestly, our game could not be anymore Mickey Mouse if a guy with big black ears who has a dog named Pluto and a strange coo-like creature as a best pal was announced as SFA Chief Executive tomorrow.

Like C-D I believe they will get away virtually scot-free, however it would be nice if some sanctions were imposed - for example - the newco club colours should be the current owner and the immediate past owners' surnames - it would be a fitting tribute. Away fans at their ground get to sit anywhere they want and no home supporter is permitted in that stand ...............should there be any sectarian singing at any of the new club's games the game is awarded to the opponents (fans of the opponents to decide whether they heard any such singing of course).

Seriously this farce has gone on long enough - let them back in - of course, reward financial doping - Scottish football cannot decend any further into this cesspit - this is merely the natural conclusion of where it has been going since the mid 80s. We have 2 teams in this country - a group of sycophant teams underneath them and a sycophant press to nuture them. If they get back in scot-free (which they will) it would be nice if the supporters of every other team organised a boycott of at least one game next season - it could be a boycott of an away game with a reciprical agreement with the other team that they could boycott our home game - at least it would be a gesture. The Scottish game is beginning to represent 1970s professional wrestling as a "sport".

A crap TV deal, pish-poor officiating and sparse crowds watching fat men bumping in to each other ... aye, I thnk you have hit the nail on the head there!

What a glorious day. In 2002 the Airdrie onions died and now Rangers are going to die in 2012. Celtic to die in 2022? We can only dream!

With any luck, scumbag clubs like Killie, Dundee Utd and Motherwell will also be at deaths door for being too reliant on the Rangers away support and Celtic will die of apathy. Without Rangers, Celtic are nothing. It's very much a win-win situation.

Having a party when Rangers die.

What a glorious day. In 2002 the Airdrie onions died and now Rangers are going to die in 2012. Celtic to die in 2022? We can only dream!

With any luck, scumbag clubs like Killie, Dundee Utd and Motherwell will also be at deaths door for being too reliant on the Rangers away support and Celtic will die of apathy. Without Rangers, Celtic are nothing. It's very much a win-win situation.

If all that happens in the next couple of months it's time to start scouting boozers in Edinburgh.

Nice sentiment, but what would such a boycott hope to achieve?

I would expect Rangers to be voted back into the SPL but under severe restrictions.I would expect them to be told to honour all their football debts,the removal or reduction of their voting rights [would this also reduce Celtics position on voting rights?]If all of these and more were brought in, then this will lead to a greater share of the SPL wealth [TV money etc]going to other clubs, and most of all the re-construction of the leagues.I would also hope that the SFA will ban Rangers from playing friendlies on the nights of European competition.

BBC reporting that Rangers will get a vote in the decision on whether to admit them to the SPL!!! Words fail me!

BBC are wrong. Only 11 teams vote and it needs 66% in favour to let rangers back in, or in otherwords 5 votes against Rangers and they are turfed out

I'd just add that Rangers can't vote (even in the twisted rules world of the SPL) for a newco because for there to be a newco there can't be a Rangers. A non-existent club doesn't have a vote.

Ok here's the next steps.... The appeals panel suspend them for one year therefore newco vote avoided They go into third division - which corresponds to 3 years out of Europe Numerous court cases, investigations follow Fab!

By going into liquidation they face a three year ban in Europe anyway I think (those who've been following this more closely can tell if this is right). Come to think of it it's against SPL rules for a club not to have three years accounts to present so there shouldn't even need to be a vote on this, but surprise, surprise SPL adminstrators are ignoring this.

I see they're also intending to publish fixtures with Rangers in them. Someone should tell them there will be no Rangers, regardless of what happens with the Newco. As you say javajag, Numerous court cases, investigations follow.

Someone posted this on another site. "There's not a team called the Glasgow Rangers, no not one and there never will be one."

Oh and the SFA probably think they've got a get out of jail free card as they'll say there's no point punishing a club that won't exist.

Another thing I saw BTW is that Rapid Viena are looking to get their money back (they were going to attend the CVA meeting before the tax-men's announcement) and I wonder if they will pursue a court case against newco or at the very least want EUFA sanctions against the newco.

Edited by Mr Bunny

BBC are wrong. Only 11 teams vote and it needs 66% in favour to let rangers back in, or in otherwords 5 votes against Rangers and they are turfed out

Doncaster quoted as saying R*ngers will have a vote. Quite how, I have no idea, but I'm sure they will get one.

If you look at the forums of other SPL clubs, the vast majority share the view of most on here - NO to any newco. If the chairman have any sense, it will be a procession and they will be disposed of.

IF...

This may help clarify the voting, although I think it is perhaps looking through blue tinted glasses.

http://www.scotsman....light-1-2351524

Kilmarnock chairman Michael Johnston: “The clubs are mindful of a sporting integrity aspect, but the commercial benefits may outweigh that.”

If that's the attitude, then everybody might as well chuck watching football. In other words "Sporting integrity doesn't actually matter, it's about money; we're all just here to make the h u n s look good and ensure that they get into Europe every year."

Edited by Jaggernaut

It's actually weird. Green, D&P, and others are basically saying that because it's a newco all the h u n s' debts will be wiped out. But somehow, miraculously, it'll be the same club, playing in the SPL, with all its history, cups, league titles etc.

What planet are they on?

Kilmarnock chairman Michael Johnston: “The clubs are mindful of a sporting integrity aspect, but the commercial benefits may outweigh that.”

If that's the attitude, then everybody might as well chuck watching football. In other words "Sporting integrity doesn't actually matter, it's about money; we're all just here to make the h u n s look good and ensure that they get into Europe every year."

My take on the vote...

Aberdeen - NO

C*ltic - NO (R*angers fans think they will say yes, but I don't see how they can)

Dundee Utd - NO

Hibs - NO

Ross Co - NO (I think that they're a good, well run club and will want to be able to compete within their means)

ICT - YES

Hearts - NO

Motherwell - NO (check their forums - there would be a lynching if they vote yes)

R*ngers - YES (although nothing would surprise me - who would vote? D&P?)

St Mirren - NO

St Johnstone - YES

Killie - YES

So, by my 'logic' it's 8 to NO and 4 to YES, which means cheerio.

On another 'votey' note, all SFL clubs vote on who to allow in - should we vote YES to them?

And by the end of the week there is no such entity as Glasgow Rangers. There are only 11 clubs in the SPL - after tomorrow. I haven't seen this quote by Doncaster, where is it?

BTW I see Green is claiming all players contracts pass to the Newco .. which is just a lie. Think he'll find a few agents taking him to court if he persists in that one.

Edited by Mr Bunny