Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

And by the end of the week there is no such entity as Glasgow Rangers. There are only 11 clubs in the SPL - after tomorrow. I haven't seen this quote by Doncaster, where is it?

BTW I see Green is claiming all players contracts pass to the Newco .. which is just a lie. Think he'll find a few agents taking him to court if he persists in that one.

It was on Reporting Scotland yesterday - haven't seen it online.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on the vote...

Aberdeen - NO

C*ltic - NO (R*angers fans think they will say yes, but I don't see how they can)

Dundee Utd - NO

Hibs - NO

Ross Co - NO (I think that they're a good, well run club and will want to be able to compete within their means)

ICT - YES

Hearts - NO

Motherwell - NO (check their forums - there would be a lynching if they vote yes)

R*ngers - YES (although nothing would surprise me - who would vote? D&P?)

St Mirren - NO

St Johnstone - YES

Killie - YES

So, by my 'logic' it's 8 to NO and 4 to YES, which means cheerio.

On another 'votey' note, all SFL clubs vote on who to allow in - should we vote YES to them?

Interesting that the two other clubs who play predominantly in blue seem likely to be in the YES camp.

I'd just add that Rangers can't vote (even in the twisted rules world of the SPL) for a newco because for there to be a newco there can't be a Rangers. A non-existent club doesn't have a vote.

Absolutely. How TF could a non-existent entity be given a vote? Even if Newhunco FC is rapidly cobbled together by this dour, arrogant twat Green, and registered with the SFA etc etc, by definition it can't be a member club of the SPL and therefore couldn't have a vote.

If this turns out not to be the case, and Newhunco FC is somehow given a vote on its own fate, then to me this would represent the cutting edge of corruption.

Absolutely. How TF could a non-existent entity be given a vote? Even if Newhunco FC is rapidly cobbled together by this dour, arrogant twat Green, and registered with the SFA etc etc, by definition it can't be a member club of the SPL and therefore couldn't have a vote.

If this turns out not to be the case, and Newhunco FC is somehow given a vote on its own fate, then to me this would represent the cutting edge of corruption.

Although it's probably just another example of the incompetence of the monkey media that passes for sports churnalism in Scotland these days.

BTW another post I saw elsewhere about this:

Today I find myself in the bizarre position of regarding the same fans I would have called deluded a month ago as rather touchingly naive and optimistic. So many false dawns for the Rangers support, so many promises that could never be fulfilled, and now that the axe is falling I can't help but feel sympathy. In their position I might well think the same. I can't help thinking the pain is far from over, and that Newco will be fought over bitterly in the coming months, years.

Then again, I recall the 9 in a row gloating and I waiver a little.

Then I remember who the hell I am, who the hell Rangers were, and I do a little dance.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Already asked this earlier, but got no answer.

Could the newco just buy another club and move them lock, stock and barrel to Govan? A bit like Airdrie United did to Clydebank.

If so, I'd imagine they'd be after a team as high up the structure as possible. Any likely candidates?

Nice sentiment, but what would such a boycott hope to achieve?

Boycotts are by-and-large futile gestures and I take your point regarding any "achievement" but as a gesture just to make a point it might have some validity. Perhaps something like a walk-out? Any gesture just to show that decent football fans want to see a credible sport and not some financially corrupt manipulation of the game.

There will never be a better opportunity for Scottish Football to bring an end to the unbelievable situation in which they hand over the vast majority of any sponsorship and income to only two clubs, and allow themselves to be steered in the direction that that duopoly wants to go in. For too long all the other clubs have been almost willingly subservient, but with the result that their own ability to develop has been stifled. The entire system has been geared towards enriching two particular clubs at the expense of others.

It's simple, as far as the SPL goes: there are 12 clubs. All gate money, tv income and other sponsorship should be split equally 12 ways, except for extra prize money etc. for succeeding in tournaments or in the league. But for God's sake, start from a level playing field, as from now!

Boycotts are by-and-large futile gestures and I take your point regarding any "achievement" but as a gesture just to make a point it might have some validity. Perhaps something like a walk-out? Any gesture just to show that decent football fans want to see a credible sport and not some financially corrupt manipulation of the game.

As I see it the threat of a boycott is one of the bigger factors in many of the clubs' thinking when they come to vote. Those in charge of the SPL clubs genuinely believing a boycott will happen is the best chance of getting a fair result

Been thinking about a scenario where Rangers newco are accepted straight back into the SelfPreservationLeague and Thistle won the 1st division next season. What a gesture it would be if we told them to stick their corrupt SPL up their rectums. We wouldn't do it (ironically, for financial reasons) but that would be some statement to make. Although as the next season kicked off I'd imagine we'd feel more like we'd cut off our nose to spite our face.

Edited by Steven H

As I see it the threat of a boycott is one of the bigger factors in many of the clubs' thinking when they come to vote. Those in charge of the SPL clubs genuinely believing a boycott will happen is the best chance of getting a fair result

Apart from their own fans there's also the likliehood that Celtic will boycott (suitable action in thier case I suppose) away games to clubs that vote to let Rangers newco in. I know the OF don't travel so much these days but if combined with some of thier own fans' boycotts, it's got to make some think twice.

What is sickening (but totally expected) is that SPL rules say clubs must have three years of accounts (I assume to prove a valid business) before they can be accepted into SPL (which a newco obviously can't have) yet without even talking about changing the rules they're having a vote on this. You surely don't have a vote on whether you follow your own rules or not? Oh, wait a minute, it's the SPL ....

Edited by Mr Bunny

I cant believe just how shit the Daily Ranger actually is. The article is complete nonsense.. A sky insider? who would that be? Mr Green?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/06/14/rangers-in-crisis-sky-tv-threaten-to-tear-up-tv-deal-if-ibrox-club-is-demoted-to-division-three-86908-23895647/

Though if it is true im cancelling my subscription and getting some of that Greek satellite tv :)

I cant believe just how shit the Daily Ranger actually is. The article is complete nonsense.. A sky insider? who would that be? Mr Green?

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23895647/

Though if it is true im cancelling my subscription and getting some of that Greek satellite tv :)

Don't worry. There will be more press comment backing Rangers over the next few days. The media need Rangers in the SPL more than anyone, (how do you fill 5 pages of print on an SFL3 or junior club ?). The good news is that Aberdeen have joined Hibs in the definate NO camp. Also, I see rumours that Ally (we don't do walking) has walked.

Is it possible Green could eventually, or in fact rather soon, decide that he also does in fact do walking away, and leave them in an even bigger hole? What happens if he walks? I assume his £5.5 million deal to buy the assets (and I'm still not sure how he managed to pull that one off) would not be available to anyone else who might fancy it, and the liquidators would then assume control of the process.

I think it's likely that the diddy teams will vote not to let them back in - the Chairmen of these clubs must be coming under severe pressure not to vote Yes - imagine if Thistle were in the SPL, we would be bombarding the club with letters, emails, carrier pigeons etc demanding that the New Rangers, whatever they are called, not be let back in.

In this scenario I can't see a Zombie Rangers playing in the 3rd Division holding much appeal for Green and his mysterious investors. He wasn't a Rangers fan, neither was the Indonesian hotel magnate etc, so they are only in this to make money - something that won't be easily done if they are playing against Montrose and East Stirling, no disrespect intended to those fine and honourable clubs. If he packs it in, then what?

This is old news rehashed. We knew this right from the start.

So sky are threatening to tear up the contract if newco are not in spl---brilliant first step on the road to getting football back to some kind of normality all games can now kick off 3pm on a saturday

Cancelled my sky sports subscription yesterday

Edited by Jaggyman

Don't worry. There will be more press comment backing Rangers over the next few days. The media need Rangers in the SPL more than anyone, (how do you fill 5 pages of print on an SFL3 or junior club ?). The good news is that Aberdeen have joined Hibs in the definate NO camp. Also, I see rumours that Ally (we don't do walking) has walked.

I have kept very quiet throught this saga..but after seeing this on the news this morning..I CAN NOT CONTAIN MY ABSOLUTE DELIGHT!!!

Was playing golf with 3 proper h*ns at the weekend and listening to their pish has just pushed me over the edge.

Get it right up ye ya shower of cheating fraudulent bassa's!!!

Would I be correct in saying part of Green's business plan is/was to pay out £91K max (it would've been a lot less) to Vienna Rapide on the £1.1m owed for Jelavic but put the entire £5.5m due from Everton for the same player into their kitty?

Yes, but that's the norm for companies in administration. Pursue their debtors for the full amount to settle creditors at a p/£ level. It was one fo the reasons that there used to be provision in the football licensing regulations that all football debts were settled in full, to avoid the obvious unsporting 'doping' potential.

Fully realise that when the OF are involved all rule books go out the window, but if both parties have agreed and signed a contract to cover SPL matches, Can Sky just walk away because one particular team is no longer in the league? Surely contract law would apply somehow.

Agree with other posters that this is going to be a missed opportunity for Scottish Football if the beaks don't get their act together and even out the playing field. The scum will unfortunately still rise to the top through sheer weight of numbers through the turnstiles giving them a financial advantage, but if the TV money is distributed equatibly with prize money allocated to final league positions, that would at least give other clubs a fighting chance of competing. A ratio rule for wages against income would also help ensure that clubs were operating within normal business models and not cheating by living outwith their means.

Edited to add: Being in darkest Wilts, all news of Scotland is deeply diluted, so having just been catching up and now realise that it's a new contract due this summer, so they can walk away.

Edited by Wiltshire Jag

It's simple, as far as the SPL goes: there are 12 clubs. All gate money, tv income and other sponsorship should be split equally 12 ways, except for extra prize money etc. for succeeding in tournaments or in the league. But for God's sake, start from a level playing field, as from now!

While I don't disagree with your other points, I don't think an even split of gate money is appropriate. Wouldn't have agreed with it when we were in the second division, so can't see how it would be fairin the SPL. I do understand the logic, though.

Fully realise that when the OF are involved all rule books go out the window, but if both parties have agreed and signed a contract to cover SPL matches, Can Sky just walk away because one particular team is no longer in the league? Surely contract law would apply somehow.

Agree with other posters that this is going to be a missed opportunity for Scottish Football if the beaks don't get their act together and even out the playing field. The scum will unfortunately still rise to the top through sheer weight of numbers through the turnstiles giving them a financial advantage, but if the TV money is distributed equatibly with prize money allocated to final league positions, that would at least give other clubs a fighting chance of competing. A ratio rule for wages against income would also help ensure that clubs were operating within normal business models and not cheating by living outwith their means.

The Sky deal has never been signed by Sky, so they can just walk away. They'll still come back and renegotiate some sort of deal should Rangers newco start off in SFL3, but I imagine it will be vastly reduced and will focus mainly on the green side of the ugly sisters.