Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beattie's comments are very worrying. Sporting integrity is worth more than anything, and I'll be very unhappy if we vote for a measure that simply allows Rangers to drop into the First for a year. Besides the sporting integrity argument (which is paramount) there is also the harm it does to teams like ourselves with title aspirations.

Beattie has deal with our substantial debts and the loss of the Warriors rent. Two home against Newco could be worth more than £300k next season. There could be more income from a "senior" Glasgow Cup. Then there is the opportunity to gain a second promotion place from the first division to the SPL.

Edited by kni

Beattie has deal with our substantial debts and the loss of the Warriors rent. Two home against Newco could be worth more than £300k next season. There could be more income from a "senior" Glasgow Cup. Then there is the opportunity to gain a second promotion place from the first division to the SPL.

Not if our fans decide not to renew season tickets or go back to Firhill, it won't. Also, what if there was no opportunity to gain extra place to SPL. It is not as cut and dried as you appear to make it !

Not if our fans decide not to renew season tickets or go back to Firhill, it won't. Also, what if there was no opportunity to gain extra place to SPL. It is not as cut and dried as you appear to make it !

Exactly. I reckon I spend about £1000 a season, every season going to Firhill for every home game. Both my kids are over 16, so with entry x 3, a programme, grub x3 and a few pints in the Aitken + all the extra buying at the shop during the season. £1000 is a conservative estimate. If the club feel they can lose 3 lifelong supporters by supporting a bunch of cheats, crooks and criminals entry into our league instead of where they should be put (out of business or Div 3 at the very least) well its a very sad day in this household!!

As I read it we'd already be in the SPL albeit SPL2. Failing that we'd be in the second tier of new governing body (SPL/SFL merged).

At best we'd be competing with eight other clubs for the chance to play against the 11th club in the top tier. Like all of us I'm used to disappointing endings to a season but a disappointing start before we've even kicked a ball would be just too much.

As for revenue playing newco would bring we'd still get that only two seasons later.

I did not make it "cut and dried" - look at my use of "could" rather than "would" or "will". Being realistic, Beattie has to consider the financial implications of the proposed option(s).

Personally, I believe that Newco should apply for to join the 3rd division - in competition with other applicants after meeting all the current requirements to join. However, I will stay loyal to the Jags whatever happens.

Apparently Green never made an offer to buy Bury although it was hinted that he was considering going down that path.

The only way Rangers will get into English Football is if they enter at the bottom of the rung and join the Northern League, in the same way Wimbledon applied to the Combined Counties.

It is becoming more apparent as days go by that the club previously knowing as Rangers and their sympathizers and apologists are in complete disarray. The Scottish footballing authorities are in a state of near blind panic at the evidence so far made public of wrongdoing by the team from Govan on an almost industrial scale What the vast majority of non-Rangers fans wish to see is quite simply the matter treated in a non-partisan way, without fear or favour. However, what we are treated to is an almost daily catalogue of obfuscation and disinformation of a Kafkaesque variety. Well, I hope I'm speaking for many when I say that I'm sick to fed up with all the Hungeddon stories, which imply the Earth will stop revolving if Rangers are treated in the manner their behavior deserves.Added to my feeling of anger is the lack of acknowledgement of wrong doing or even hint of an apology or ant act of contrition. Indeed, we are basically told that its our fault for punishing the Ibrox club! Well, a word or two in the shelllike of the powers that be in Scottish football and indeed the custodians of our own football club: do they think we are mugs? I know I have spent thirty odd years supporting a "wee" team that is highly unlikely ever to win the Champions League, yet I trust that given the right luck and circumstances that my team will have at least a sporting chance in any competition it enters. This is why so many non-Rangers fans are angry, what we are being told is effectively that no matter what there is one team that will never be subject to the same discipline as anyone else. That's just plain wrong and if some contrived resolution is arrived at to allow Rangers a feather bedded punishment, I'm finished with Scottish football. After all what would be the point?

Excellent post.

So many great quotes to choose from, but this one will do:

"They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale. A society that allows the destruction of integrity in sport, which is a crucial part of Scottish culture, is destroying itself - and all for the benefit of a media aborigine."

Love Vlad, a spades a spade with him.

As I read it we'd already be in the SPL albeit SPL2. Failing that we'd be in the second tier of new governing body (SPL/SFL merged).

At best we'd be competing with eight other clubs for the chance to play against the 11th club in the top tier. Like all of us I'm used to disappointing endings to a season but a disappointing start before we've even kicked a ball would be just too much.

As for revenue playing newco would bring we'd still get that only two seasons later.

All Correct. Putting R*ng*rs into SFL1/SPL2 would be wrong, against our interests, and would ultimately be financial suicide for us, and every other club in SFL1/SPL2.

According to BBC news website, Hearts voting No to Newco.

According to BBC, Dundee Utd against Newco in SPL!

And Motherwell allowing their supporters society to choose which way MFC vote - so thats another No to Newco in SPL.

Aberdeens support have made it abundantly clear to their board which way they expect them to vote - and failure to do so, will be catastrophic for AFC.

Hibs and St Mirren 99% likely to vote No too going by their chairmens recent statements ..... without even considering which way C*lt*c or any of the others ..... so the games a bogey for the club with no history or the club which has cheated, lied and has tainted titles and trophies (soon to be removed).

Just kill them off once and for all.

Hibs and St Mirren 99% likely to vote No too going by their chairmens recent statements .....

I've been emailing Stewart Gilmour pretending to be a st mirren fan, he basically sayin they won't be able to cope without the sky money etc and in principle he agress Rangers should be fcked but says future of St Mireen is more important and comes down to money so don't think St Mirren be voting no unfortuanetly

So many great quotes to choose from, but this one will do:

"They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale. A society that allows the destruction of integrity in sport, which is a crucial part of Scottish culture, is destroying itself - and all for the benefit of a media aborigine."

Love Vlad, a spades a spade with him.

He certainly has a way with words, does young Vladimir. I just wonder if that is a literal translation or not!

Whacko pseudo-journalism?

Blatant boll*cks?

Or fact?

You decide

If fact, then hopefully they will move lock, stock and barrel to Gigg Lane. Glasgow might then be a slightly nicer, safer place to inhabit on a Saturday, with the knuckledragging hordes a couple of hundred miles away giving their British/Loyalist pish laldy.

I've been emailing Stewart Gilmour pretending to be a st mirren fan, he basically sayin they won't be able to cope without the sky money etc and in principle he agress Rangers should be fcked but says future of St Mireen is more important and comes down to money so don't think St Mirren be voting no unfortuanetly

Will St Mirren not be in fan's ownership by the time of the vote ? It may not be down to Gilmour.

Its looking more and more likely that they aint gonna get enough votes to get back into the SPHell so the onus is will then fall on the SFL chairman to allow them into one of our divisions. Think you should have a good read at the last few days posts Mr Beattie, before you decide what direction our club is gonna take!

Inverness Caledonian Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron, meanwhile, revealed in an open letter on his club’s website that the opposition of their Supporters Trust to a Rangers newco will help shape their vote.

“The Rangers situation has resulted in a huge volume of letters, emails and phone calls to me from Caley Thistle supporters,” said Cameron. “So many that I cannot reply individually, though all have been given due consideration and the board fully appreciates our fans’ strength of feeling on the issue.

“Similarly, all the posts on the fans’ website have been noted. This week we consulted with the Supporters Trust, whose input is particularly important to us.

“It is fair to say that those who say that Rangers have been punished sufficiently are in an extremely small minority of all the representations received.

“The directors of the club have taken all the comments on board. Our final decision on the issue will be taken based on the views of supporters and the Supporters Trust combined with what we think is best for our club from a business perspective and for Scottish football in general. This is an extremely busy period, otherwise I would have taken time to reply to all of our fans who have taken the trouble to contact me.

“Their views will not be arbitrarily dismissed.

“Meanwhile, as events continue to unfold, the board will continue to assess the situation on an ongoing basis.”

Assuming 'Well supporters say "No" that is looking like 4 against. 1 more needed and Celtic an Hibs are likely to be "No"

“It is fair to say that those who say that Rangers have been punished sufficiently are in an extremely small minority of all the representations received."

Regards the SPL thingy. While I agree that old RFC have not been punished sufficiently - liquidation means this is no longer really possible - this is NOT ABOUT PUNISHMENT.

RFC are not applying for SPL membership. A Newco (admittedly trying to trade on the history of RFC in hope of garnering support and cash that way) is applying to join the SPL.

That is, a Newco with no SFA registration, no players and a dubious claim to a football ground (doesn't Whyte have a claim on this, will BDO try to get their hands on it as a resource??).

In any other league in the world, even quite corrupt ones, this would already be settled - they would be told to

F*%* off and get themselves sorted out and then apply to join at the bottom league division.

Only in the joke that is Scottish Football could we possibly be having this discussion and that's why non-bigot fans all over the country are really furious about this.

BTW .. more bad news for Green and the Newco.

And even more, as another deluded knights group withdraw their offer.

What a shame. Property developers and football clubs make such a good fit an' all.

Yeah, I'll bet they had a rethink when they saw 'the hole' at 'Rangers'. It must be like peeling an onion. The deeper you go, the more tears.

I have to wonder about the true extent of the mess that business is in. Mind you, I also wonder what it will take for clubs/leagues to not want to touch 'Rangers' with a bargepole. The loss of thousands of fans to the game must be weighing on their minds, as well the 'how' of getting them back to football.

The Glasgow Cup ploy is hilarious and disgraceful. The 'SPL2' stunt is transparent and a grubby quid pro quo from the SFA. Are those bones I hear rattling in a closet at Hampden? It's 'Rangers' in the Scottish leagues - at as high a level as possible - at any cost.