Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

Quote from Naismith

"I am extremely proud of the actions we took but I am disappointed and angry that Rangers Football Club no longer exists in its original form."

At last recognition from an ex player that the club we knew as Rangers is dead. NEWCO fans are gonna go bonkers over this....hahaha.

And a quote from McCoist:

"The formation of a new company is not the issue. The players would be playing for the same club - Rangers - in front of the same fans."

Delusional.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The formation of a new company is not the issue. The players would be playing for the same club - Rangers - in front of the same fans."

Delusional.

Why do these guys not get it.....Rangers as we used to know them are dead, kaput, finished, liquidated!!!!

There are a number of points regarding the whole Rangers debacle that I simply cannot get my head around. Maybe somebody out there can explain :

1/ If Rangers are to be liquidated and a newco is to take their place then surely this newco is a totally separate entity from Glasgow Rangers F.C. therefore why should there be a vote to decide whether the newco is to be allowed entry into the SPL? What right do they have to be in the SPL? Absolutely none as far as I can see! They would be a new club wishing to fill a vacancy within Scottish football caused by the demise of RFC therefore just like everybody else over the years, eg. Gretna, Ross County Elgin City, etc they should have to apply for a vacant spot in the third division. Why is this not the case?

2 When Airdrieonians went bust the SFA supposedly rejected the application of their newco on the grounds that they didn’t want to send out a message that it was OK to liquidate, write off your debts and then reappear almost unscathed, so why is it now apparently a total stick on that the Rangers newco will be accepted back into Scottish football ?

3/ Recent talk of the newco being slotted into the first division is equally baffling. Surely this is contrary to all the rules and regulations governing promotion & relegation and is certainly insulting to all the other member clubs who play within the rules. If this travesty goes ahead Scottish football will once again be making a total arse of itself of a worldwide stage.

Much as I don’t want it to be the case I think the answer to all the questions I have raised above is “because it’s Rangers” I sincerely hope that is not the case but when you look at Livingston being relegated to the 3rd division for going into administration and Gretna apparently being knocked back as a newco because they couldn’t provide three years of accounts then you have to conclude that a different set of rules are being used to deal with the H*ns

There are a number of points regarding the whole Rangers debacle that I simply cannot get my head around. Maybe somebody out there can explain :

1/ If Rangers are to be liquidated and a newco is to take their place then surely this newco is a totally separate entity from Glasgow Rangers F.C. therefore why should there be a vote to decide whether the newco is to be allowed entry into the SPL? What right do they have to be in the SPL? Absolutely none as far as I can see! They would be a new club wishing to fill a vacancy within Scottish football caused by the demise of RFC therefore just like everybody else over the years, eg. Gretna, Ross County Elgin City, etc they should have to apply for a vacant spot in the third division. Why is this not the case?

2 When Airdrieonians went bust the SFA supposedly rejected the application of their newco on the grounds that they didn’t want to send out a message that it was OK to liquidate, write off your debts and then reappear almost unscathed, so why is it now apparently a total stick on that the Rangers newco will be accepted back into Scottish football ?

3/ Recent talk of the newco being slotted into the first division is equally baffling. Surely this is contrary to all the rules and regulations governing promotion & relegation and is certainly insulting to all the other member clubs who play within the rules. If this travesty goes ahead Scottish football will once again be making a total arse of itself of a worldwide stage.

Much as I don’t want it to be the case I think the answer to all the questions I have raised above is “because it’s Rangers” I sincerely hope that is not the case but when you look at Livingston being relegated to the 3rd division for going into administration and Gretna apparently being knocked back as a newco because they couldn’t provide three years of accounts then you have to conclude that a different set of rules are being used to deal with the H*ns

Everything you've written is correct.

It's odd that there's such a debate, isn't it?

There should be nothing simpler, from the footballing perspective at least. All the legal, financial and tax issues surrounding the club being liquidated are for others to be involved with, not football administrators. The rules are clear, even within the SPL.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Delusional.

Possibly but possibly not. Possibly trying to take advantage of the delusion of the exRFC fans to get their backing and put pressure on various people and bodies to get what they want. Let's face it most of the media are very sloppy about making the point that the newco isn't really the old club.

But they hope by promoting the idea that it is that oldRFC fans will attach themselves to the newco (and give them their season ticket money) and hopefully (from thier point of view) the pressure will get newco into SPL/SFL1 and bingo a saleable proposition for Green.

Possibly but possibly not. Possibly trying to take advantage of the delusion of the exRFC fans to get their backing and put pressure on various people and bodies to get what they want. Let's face it most of the media are very sloppy about making the point that the newco isn't really the old club. But they hope by promoting the idea that it is that oldRFC fans will attach themselves to the newco (and give them their season ticket money) and hopefully (from thier point of view) the pressure will get newco into SPL/SFL1 and bingo a saleable proposition for Green.

Correct. Everyone's got an agenda.

Correct, and now we have the farce of Green getting his knickers in a twist over players like Aluko, Whittaker and Naismith (quite properly) stating that they do not wish their contracts to be transferred to the newco. Green seems to have been given some half-baked advice that all player contracts are transferrable from zombie to newco.

Well, that's undiluted pish: under Transfer of Undertakings, Protection of Employment (TUPE) regulations, staff can only transfer from entity A to entity B if both entities separately and simultaneously exist and a business transfer transaction is conducted on the basis of employees' pay and conditions being unaltered. Since pishco a) doesn't exist and B) have no chance (when they come into being) of honouring the current squad's Ts & Cs, Green is talking out his arrogant fat arse.

I've no doubt that once Whittaker, Naismith and Aluko beat it there'll be an exodus out of Hunbrox by most or all of the 'name' players. That will give the world a truer look at what this shower will be made of - football wise - when the dust eventually settles. GIRFU them.

I should've added that any employee not wishing to transfer to a new employer under the TUPE Regs (although this is highly unlikely to be a legally sound TUPE transfer anyway) has the right to simply not turn up for work for the receiving employer on day one of the new contract commencing; no notice need be given, and no compensation can be sought by the employer against such individuals.

Although it might not make any difference anyway. What with Duff & Phelps going to be under investigation by a Judge and the polis wanting a close look at Whyte it's possible that the whole thing could be up in the air again with no-one knowing who owns anything connected to the former RFC. And BDO could decide D&P shouldn't have sold the assets to Green.

Tune in next week when ....

with the h*ns slow lingering death firmly taking hold it's now time for the SFL1 chairmen to sharpen their knives

Yep...all that matters to me is that David Beattie and our board of directors take note of all these pages and polls and do the right thing for Scottish football. Blatent cheats must be punished to the hilt...not given a slap on the wrist!!

WARNING: best have an empty bucket handy before reading this, especially para 3.......http://www.followfol...94/index.shtml?

Do they do beatifications on follow follow? Saint Mark?

some fans and chairmen are signing the death warrants of their own clubs - they just haven't realised it yet.

Another Rangers fan, who knew nothing about their deceased Club's accounts, when they were trading.... Yet seems to be able to predict the finances of every other Club in Scotland.

I know we like to poke fun but I will say, the players , in my view, were a credit to themselves and to sportsmen every where. All made massive sacrifices and did all they could to help. I don't blame any of them for now deciding enough is enough and looking after themselves. The reaction from Green and McCoist has been shameful.

This really could be the end game. Nobody is buying Season Tickets and they were desperate to get the best players over to NEWCO so they could get money for them at the very least. All their best players are all leaving and they aint gonna get a penny for them. Time for the SFL chairmen to administer the lethal dose and rid Scottish Football of this bigotted abomination

Could be even worse news on the horizon!!!

http://www.telegraph...lavic-debt.html

I think the key point there is with Green claiming his Newco is a continuation of the old RFC (not just metaphorically, his attempt to claim the old RFC players belong to his Newco backs this up) then Rapid are saying then his company should pay the debt to them. And if this gets backed up other clubs will be after him too.