Quarter Final

ThickAsThieves

I had went with a couple of Celtic supporting mates from that period. Both sat in the thistle end and neither could believe we didn't go through.

The three of us went to the Hoops Bar I think it's called, across from the Barra's after the game, me in full Thistle colours. The feeling was very similar to my mates and I had a good few pints bought for me as compensation for the defeat.

I remember that ball over the line so clearly. I have posted on this and previous forums about it. I worked at the ground in hospitality and was watching the game from an unused hospitality box on that goal line. When I posted previously I had people telling me it was never over, but I am adamant that it was. That night was absolutely mental!

• Like 1

18 pens a fink and aw hardie had to do was score

But he booted it ower the bar! Thats coz his

Maw worked in tbe sellik shop!!

Coff!

Yes, 18 seems more likely. Don't know why I thought it was 19, obviously wouldn't have been an odd number!

Had completely forgotten about Mad Mental's Maw. Was all the talk the next day.

• Like 1

I remember that ball over the line so clearly. I have posted on this and previous forums about it. I worked at the ground in hospitality and was watching the game from an unused hospitality box on that goal line. When I posted previously I had people telling me it was never over, but I am adamant that it was. That night was absolutely mental!

My seat was in line with the goal line and it was half a yard over the line, at least. it was also entertaining having the Celtic creche over on our right hand side, that night.

Does anyone know when the date of the game game will be confirmed, I'm off Wednesday and Thursday that week as flights and hotel are cheap at the minute. Really don't want it to be the TV game, as this will the the excuse the wife will be looking for to say NO you're not going

I too recall the disappointment of having missed so many chances to cause an upset. Also, the ignominy of having one set of OF fans tell you "yir team wus unlucky".

However, the funniest thing was the next day talking to an Aberdeen fan. They had shipped 7 goals at Parkhead not long before in 90 minutes of a league game. He pointed out that Thistle had played 120 minutes, given them 9 penalties and had still conceded fewer goals.

• Like 1

Does anyone know when the date of the game game will be confirmed, I'm off Wednesday and Thursday that week as flights and hotel are cheap at the minute. Really don't want it to be the TV game, as this will the the excuse the wife will be looking for to say NO you're not going

Celtic are playing a league game on Sunday 26th so it's a pretty safe bet the game will be on the Wednesday.