Killie Game 7/5/16

Lindau

My fear is that Archie goes with the same team selection and tactics again and simply ask them to perform better.

Welsh must be dropped. He was obviously targeted by ICT yesterday and caught out dozens of times. Opposition managers have him and our tactics sussed and something has to change. Muzzy getting too far forward will also have been picked up on too.

At the least, Fitness allowing, id bring in Miller, Frans Cerny and maybe Elliot. Could Muzzy be played further forward?

I think everyone will be amazed if Sean escapes the axe this weekend. Archie will leave himself open to all sorts of criticism if he starts him and it goes pear shaped again. Personally I would go for the same full backs with Miller, Frans and Seaborne as well. With that man mountain Addison playing along with Boyd and Magennis they pose a serious ariel threat and hopefully those three will step up to the plate. At Firhill a few weeks ago I thought Killie were very slow in central defence so why not tell Amoo to test them out by playing him up front and let Muzzy do the wing work

Edited by Lindau

I think everyone will be amazed if Sean escapes the axe this weekend. Archie will leave himself open to all sorts of criticism if he starts him and it goes pear shaped again. Personally I would go for the same full backs with Miller, Frans and Seaborne as well. With that man mountain Addison playing along with Boyd and Magennis they pose a serious ariel threat and hopefully those three will step up to the plate. At Firhill a few weeks ago I thought Killie were very slow in central defence so why not tell Amoo to test them out by playing him up front and let Muzzy do the wing work

While I agree the Welsh has weaknesses, the problem is that with Bannigan and Fraser both injured we don't have a natural replacement in that position - Edwards has been shown not to be able to do the job there. Who else is there?

To quote a Gerry Collinsism, the players owe us a right shift after that shocker on Saturday. A draw is really all we need on Saturday and we should be safe. Let's hope Archie is drumming it into the players that it's Killie we are playing and not Barcelona!

• Like 1

I think we are going to be taken to the last game. Our bottle is crashing.

I think your bottle is crashing.

It's the players on the park who have to perform in a football sense, but the kind of panicked aytitude that got Hibs relegated a couple of seasons ago pervades through the whole club, and fans are a huge part of it.

Six points clear and with three vital games against the worst three teams in the league. Saturday was a disaster, but out position is still okay.

I just hope it's a wake up call, that the players realise that it's not "job done" this season, that the fans can remain a help and not a hindrance, and we can go ahead and do what we all know we're very capable of.

• Like 2

The problem us Saturday makes it three defeats in a row, the defence has gone awol and we are struggling to score....so it's unlikely we will keep a clean sheet and could score so 1-1 is prob the best we can hope for ....but they are up for it and I wonder if we will be ?

If Cerny is not fit I would play Gallacher.I know Scully had some good saves but that second goal which imo he should have stopped killed the game and overall I am not impressed by him.

Well, archie in every post match interview praised Scully. So i cant see him being dropped for our Goalie Coach.

To do so, after the praise he has received, would destroy him.

Similar to Pogba, i think it doesnt matter what Scully does, some fans will never see the positives.

Regards the team selection, Archie has his work cut out. More than ever he needs players who are going to give 100%, which might not necessarily mean his first choice 11.

I think theres a really good shout to playing Muzzy further forward. He went on countless runs on saturday that were fruitless as no one offered him an option. He ended up out of position and robbed due to others aroubd him. Play him further forward with Elliott/Miller behind leaves cover.

Do you then drop Amoo ir move him? Either answer would be acceptable. He was poor on saturday but offers strength and pace, when he uses it.

Likewise Lawless, id have no complaints seeing him dropped, but ive got a strange feeling on the astro turf, he'll have a good game. But, you could get the Lawless from Saturday who when the going gets tough, signals to the bench hes injured when theres bugger all wrong with him.

Edwards should start if fit, aside from Muzzy, hes the only one who showed any movement, pace or desire on saturday.

Then therex the DM's. What the hell do you do there. Our only two are playing shite. Id say one's head is elsewhere, the others out his depth. Miller is the only one i can see offering another option.

Then theres the back 4. Or more specifically our central defence. If Frans cant get a start ahead of either, he should be questioning where his future lies, after saturday.

One things for sure, archie diesnt have his problems to seek.

to be fair to osman who in my opinion has been outstanding for us this season, i'm sure i read a couple of weeks back that he has been carrying an injury

i watched him on saturday moving around the pitch, making tackles, closing down players. to me he doesn't look 100% fit

with regards to the killie game if cerny is not available then gallagher must play

also feel that lindsay should be rested

as for welsh he is being caught too often in possession hopefully he can up his game for the rest of the season

I think your bottle is crashing.

It's the players on the park who have to perform in a football sense, but the kind of panicked aytitude that got Hibs relegated a couple of seasons ago pervades through the whole club, and fans are a huge part of it.

Six points clear and with three vital games against the worst three teams in the league. Saturday was a disaster, but out position is still okay.

I just hope it's a wake up call, that the players realise that it's not "job done" this season, that the fans can remain a help and not a hindrance, and we can go ahead and do what we all know we're very capable of.

No. My bottle is certainly not crashing as I feel if they survive then fine, if they go down, then it's deserved and we deal with it.

Well, archie in every post match interview praised Scully. So i cant see him being dropped for our Goalie Coach.

I think theres a really good shout to playing Muzzy further forward. He went on countless runs on saturday that were fruitless as no one offered him an option. He ended up out of position and robbed due to others aroubd him. Play him further forward with Elliott/Miller behind leaves cover.

Do you then drop Amoo ir move him? Either answer would be acceptable. He was poor on saturday but offers strength and pace, when he uses it.

Likewise Lawless, id have no complaints seeing him dropped, but ive got a strange feeling on the astro turf, he'll have a good game. But, you could get the Lawless from Saturday who when the going gets tough, signals to the bench hes injured when theres bugger all wrong with him.

Edwards should start if fit, aside from Muzzy, hes the only one who showed any movement, pace or desire on saturday.

Then therex the DM's. What the hell do you do there. Our only two are playing shite. Id say one's head is elsewhere, the others out his depth. Miller is the only one i can see offering another option.

I would move Muzzy forward in front of Miller and move Amoo in.He'll offer good cover for Miller there too against Higgy of Megennis.

I noticed Amoo losing it a couple of times with Welsh for him not releasing the ball quicker to him.

The fact is Archie probably wont do that and play Welsh again in the same system that failed on Saturday.

David Brent's suggestion of 4-1-4-1, IMO, would work playing Osman in front of the back four and would also let us drop Welsh.

Need to move on to next week now and Lee Clark already cranking up the pressure!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kilmarnock-boss-lee-clark-warns-7871223#4iohz8TqpTBv0phz.97

As has been suggested this article should be up on the dressing room all week. If this doesn't motivate the players to tear Killie apart then I don't honestly know what will

Never really too interested in what rival managers say - they have a target audience who expect to hear such statements of the bleedin' obvious - after all he is hardly likely to go running to the Dozy Wreckard stating "Thistle beat us 5-2 here earlier in the season and frankly I think they will at least match that on Saturday"

He has to say all the positive things - it's the managerial "Pavlov's Dog" for the fans - and with home advantage, plastic pitch and respective current forms then who is to say he might be able to get his team to win on Saturday, the onus on Thistle will then be to stay out of 11th place with a 3 point lead and 2 games to go.

plastic pitch

a tractor town

higgy

conrad

the booze guzzling mess that is lee clark

a support that is bigots without the busfare

that's six reasons we should be beating this mob, add your own, collate a list, so we can send it to archie and the players.*

*won't happen, they'll never see it, but a long list of reasons to beat killie may make some of us feel a bit positive and looking forward to the game.

disclaimer ..... this post carries no guarantee that positive feeling of reasons to beat killie will be continued after quarter to five on saturday

I expect a point from this game (I may not get it, but I expect it!). Killie are a poor side who just had a good couple of results. Time to burst their bubble. We've followed inexplicably awful performances with surprise good ones before - we need that now.

Tactics - whenever we get the ball, run straight at Balatoni.

The original Killie Fatboy did exist.

There was a spell when we beat them fairly regularly. I recall the magnificent game when Badger ill advisedly swopped us for Ayrshire sevco.

This was before segregation. Bobby was on the bench and came on after some badger baiting from a good jags support. As far as I can remember his fits the action was to punch Brian Whittaker and was immediately red carded. We won and we're lucky to escape with our lives.

The Fatboy was purple with rage and was dragged away by several police.

He was also lifted at a subsequent game when we won 1-0 after wee Geordie stole the points.

Pretty sure it was the same guy. We were segregated by then but he ran down the front of the fence and tried to get to the jags fans assisted by other fat people. Are they all fat?