List Of Free's

Lindau

No. I wouldn't have thought of Seaborne as captain material either now that it's fairly obvious Cerny was/is the defensive organiser. Besides Abdul is way ahead of any other prospective candidate. Also I actually thought when Archie made Osman captain during last season he upped his game.

Agreement on Osman being the best man for captain.

Not sure if this is the right place, but Killie have released Mark Connolly, Conor Brennan, Lee Ashcroft, Julien Faubert, Christopher Johnston, Aaron Splaine, and Alex Henshaw

The club is willing to consider offers for Conrad Balatoni, Kevin McHattie, Mark O'Hara, David Syme, Tope Obadeyi, Dale Carrick and Kallum Higginbotham.

Not sure there are any there that float my boat.

Not one to be poached.

Ovoid at all costs?

I'd have Higgy back but only on terms that may well not interest him. Put another way, for the last couple of seasons at least, he's a player that's hardly been the first name on a team sheet thus shouldn't be paid as if he is. He is tho' on occasion a match winner, mostly as a provider of goals, so some deal that reflects his contribution should be welcome.

It's beginning to look like we'll need to sign a new centre back. Pity as we had a group that worked well together. Still we have a lot of good players signed up and it's really just a matter of one area where it looks like we will need to get a new face or two in.

Getting on a bit and wage demands may be stumbling block but maybe Gordon Greer could bring a bit of experience to centre defence. Could be good for young Liam to have a partner who has played at a decent level. I believe he is a free agent after being freed by Brighton.

A lot could hinge on re-signing Gary Miller. By my count we're needing to sign three centrebacks (maybe even a fourth as we're supposed to be going with a more complete U20s squad). Miller being comfortable in two positions is a bonus. Frans (if he re-signs) is probably OK as a starter alongside Liam but we really need a quality left sided centreback to challenge Lindsay for that slot. Ideally that player would be mobile enough to cover at left back if/when needed. Liam is comfortable enough covering the right sided berth if called upon.

If Miller and Frans don't re-sign we could be looking for two right sided centrebacks plus one left sided. In addition maybe both a right back and left back as cover plus a fourth centreback to play beside McMullen in the U20s. I say "could" as I doubt it would come to that as Archie would I'm sure sign at least one versatile player and still have Elliott and Penrice in reserve.

The big problem as I see it is getting more mobility and experience into the centre of defence. Within our budget that's no mean task.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Still no news on Stevie Lawless,Freddie Frans,Gary Miller and David Wilson. Did I see somewhere the club had set a deadline for their decisions? Would be more than happy for all 4 to re-sign in that order.

Everyone's presumably on holiday, including the management team.

Wouldn't expect much movement for another ten days or so.

Would be gutted if we lost Freddie though, given his stats, which speak for themselves, and also because he clearly feels comfortable here.

Hopefully a deal can be done there.