Division Play Offs

Really enjoyed the game last night on BT Sport. Full stadium, good atmosphere, both teams giving it a go and Falkirk scoring from a well worked and a bit unique free kick. Falkirk just do not give up and are my favourites to go up.

Maybe it may be better for Kilmarnock as they have been declining for years. After the shock of the drop they could have a fresh start, clear the decks, have games v Ayr, Hibs, Dundee Utd. Maybe even go for a new stadium as Rugby Park is to big and in a reasonably nice area for selling land.

The play offs show there is appetite for live football where games matter. Similar to our home game v Morton a sell out on a midweek night.

Watched some of it - weather was at least as interesting as the game during the first half - overall Kilmarnock should perhaps have won but Falkirk are a never-say-die type of side and rode their good fortune and scored a most bizarre but well worked goal (albeit Kiliie were utterly asleep). I get the impression that the next goal in the tie might be the winner.

Certainly a more competitive play-off final than last year's which is nice. :)

Really enjoyed the game last night on BT Sport. Full stadium, good atmosphere, both teams giving it a go and Falkirk scoring from a well worked and a bit unique free kick. Falkirk just do not give up and are my favourites to go up.

Maybe it may be better for Kilmarnock as they have been declining for years. After the shock of the drop they could have a fresh start, clear the decks, have games v Ayr, Hibs, Dundee Utd. Maybe even go for a new stadium as Rugby Park is to big and in a reasonably nice area for selling land.

The play offs show there is appetite for live football where games matter. Similar to our home game v Morton a sell out on a midweek night.

Can't see them moving from Rugby Park. Yes, the area around Rugby Park is quite pleasant but it's still a depressed town.

I quite like RP and it's still one of the better away days - within walking distance of the railway station and some passable pubs - it would only be replaced by some edge-of-town industrial estate / retail park location.

Can't see them moving from Rugby Park. Yes, the area around Rugby Park is quite pleasant but it's still a depressed town.

I quite like RP and it's still one of the better away days - within walking distance of the railway station and some passable pubs - it would only be replaced by some edge-of-town industrial estate / retail park location.

Much as I want Falkirk to win thru it's far from an ideal venue. Plus we're still stuck with another plastic pitch. Another in a long line of poor away day grounds.

I really like a good grumble but McDiarmid, Ibrox, ICT, Fir Pk, Parkhead, Pittodrie are all grounds that aren't exactly by location away fan friendly. Some are still good days out spoiled only by the misery of getting to and fro the stadia.

Still don't know who I want to be in the top division next season. The teams who have been relegated since we have been up have had utter diddies as managers and I don't think Houston is that but they have rode her luck incredibly over the play-off ties and would have to invest heavily to have team to compete over a season In the top league .

Killie , on the other hand , are Shite and look like having a shite manager, and we hate them so it's a difficult choice.

• Like 1

Maybe it may be better for Kilmarnock as they have been declining for years. After the shock of the drop they could have a fresh start, clear the decks, have games v Ayr, Hibs, Dundee Utd.

There's no chance relegation for Kilmarnock would be positive in the slightest.

Their finances are terrible as it is. They'd be competing against similar clubs looking for a 'fresh start' in Hibernian, Dundee United and St. Mirren and so would most likely be stuck down there for the foreseeable future. Much better to stay up and have that fresh start as a top flight team. Their squad isn't terrible in the way Dundee United's is, so no real need to "clear the decks". A few signings are needed, sure, but it's not too drastic. The hit they would take financially would be.

I actually want Killie to stay up...

It's a much better away day than Falkirk plus I think if they're not going down this season they'll be favourites for the drop next season thus taking some pressure off us.

I don't see them having the cash to strengthen the squad over the summer if they do stay up so I'd welcome another season of pumping Killie at Rugby Park instead of the usual shitefest of a few seasons back at Falkirk...

Found myself "supporting" Killie last night just because a) Falkirk have turned into media darlings of late eg plucky little, never-say-die etc and, B) I have NEVER seen a team be as consistently lucky as Falkirk have been in the last few weeks eg how did that goal go in last night when 99 times out of 100 it would have hit a defender? And how did Hibs not get a penalty in the first game? Defies belief !!!

I hope they get their come uppance!

I felt that Aero got done for pace too easily at this level. Really hope he gets the chance to prove me wrong next season though.

Is Muirhead not playing at right back these days? Think he'd be fair enough in that position at the top level. Just doesn't suit our style of play that is largely dependent on pacy attacking full backs.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Much as I want Falkirk to win thru it's far from an ideal venue. Plus we're still stuck with another plastic pitch. Another in a long line of poor away day grounds.

I really like a good grumble but McDiarmid, Ibrox, ICT, Fir Pk, Parkhead, Pittodrie are all grounds that aren't exactly by location away fan friendly. Some are still good days out spoiled only by the misery of getting to and fro the stadia.

Should we be too unhappy about another plastic pitch? Our record last season on plastic pitches was won 3 drawn 1 lost 0. 9-3 to us overall (sorry for recalling bad memories of that particular scoreline).

/\ /\ I'm kind of in agreement with you, but I've got a couple of good pals that are Killie fans......

Ach, f**k It - it's time for a change - 'mon Aero and The Bairns .

Edit: no place in the squad for Balatoni? Higgie on the bench again.

Edited by Rid Skwerr