Dundee 01/03/2017

Lindau

Not only a great victory but as it turned out from other results a vital one to prevent us being pulled back. We are now 10 points clear of Inverness and 8 points clear of Motherwell and Hamilton. Killie play Motherwell on Saturday - a draw would be good for us. Next big league game is v Inverness: we need to win that one to keep our momentum going and keeping them down there. If we can do that then we should be safe and have a good chance of staying top six this season. It feels so close I can't bear to look beyond the Inverness game.

5 wins and 2 draws in last 9 league games. No goals conceded in last 3 (or 4 including cup game at Perth). Joint third best goals conceded in the league. Impressive!

It occurs to me that recently Archibald has had us playing a bit like a (in form) Lambie team.

Not good news for us. We are getting good results but not getting as much benefit from them as we ought to. It means we will still have no space to relax ... still at least we are better off than a few clubs below us ... still nervous about us holding out v Dundee as we really need a win now.

Usual pitifully negative angle. I think Hearts and St. Johnstone are certainly catchable after tonight.

• Like 1

Not only a great victory but as it turned out from other results a vital one to prevent us being pulled back. We are now 10 points clear of Inverness and 8 points clear of Motherwell and Hamilton. Killie play Motherwell on Saturday - a draw would be good for us. Next big league game is v Inverness: we need to win that one to keep our momentum going and keeping them down there. If we can do that then we should be safe and have a good chance of staying top six this season. It feels so close I can't bear to look beyond the Inverness game.

Ok, I'm going to say it: we will not finish in the bottom 2 this season. It simply will not happen. We are too good, and on great form. The teams below us are not as good, and most are on bad runs of form. I actually expect us to catch Hearts, who are in freefall.

• Like 1

We should all be very happy that this is a very good Partick Thistle team, with damn good management and an outstanding corporate structure.

Cant remember the last time things were so good. Winning promotion to the premier league was brilliant, but the trajectory of the club since then has continued to be ever upwards.

The only thing missing is bigger crowds...lets win the Scottish cup and see if we can drag a few extra bodies to Firhill chasing a successful team.

If nothing else, just beat Aberdeen on Sunday.......mon Jags, we can do it.

• Like 3

I can't add to anything already said above, except that I'm so burstin with pride that my chist could erupt all over the livin room at any time.

I just love Thistle so much I could easily get lifted for the way I'm celebrating right now.

Apologies for the swally-affected post. Cannae help maself at the moment.

• Like 4